It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In speech to delegates Feinstein calls for revamped AWB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Dianne Feinstein announced Wednesday that she’s re-entering the battle over gun control during her keynote speech to the California delegates to the Democratic National Convention.

She promised California delegates she’d return to Congress to reintroduce “an updated assault weapons bill.”
link

Bad news is that insane people are in positions of power all over the world including Feinstein but I think we all know this and have come to terms with it as best we can.

Good news is that an AWB hasnt a snowballs chance in Hell of getting anywhere. Well, taking the normal legal route anyway.

They'd need 218 votes in the House, 60 votes in the Senate to close debate, 51 votes to pass a bill in the Senate and a president willing to sign the bill.

They have one of those. Two tops.

As a side note the Brady Campaign is broke: End Cash on Hand $6,862 link
edit on 6-9-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is there something SO personally offensive about an AR-15 with a 30rd magazine which she just MUST put the nation through the sheer expense and headache for??? Any stupid crap like this after the Heller decision is going right back to the Super Court at the cost of millions upon millions by the time a final decision is rendered. For WHAT?! IF such a ban even passes muster in the post-Heller world, which it MIGHT not, then nothing really changes anyway....except far more people made mad at each other yet again.

ANYTHING to divide the people by ANY means available. She's not a faceless name for this. I know her and her record from more than simply the party she belongs to. She is PERSONALLY among the more extreme on the far far left side....and she's ruled her little roost since 1992..........TERM LIMITS.
They're a good idea!

A final thought though..... California is SO heavily restricted on guns, it's not the least bit funny. A single empty magazine from one of my weapons in my safe..just having the EMPTY magazine is a crime in California. Having the weapon it goes to....isn't something we even need to touch on. Id be in a Cali prison for years...for JUST OWNING IT there.

If there is one thing we do NOT need more of....it's more idiots passing more stupidity in laws about guns to add to the 20,000 some laws, regulations and ordinances that already exist from the local to the federal level in the United States.
Stupid on Steroids...and she has an overdose of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ah. I was expecting news of Average White Band reconstituting. "Oh, no," I said to myself.

But on a serious note: Diane Feinstein is my senator--well, not MY senator; but you know what I mean. I wrote her once, on some other matter, one on which we obviously disagree--and got a stern lecture in return. She's completely out of touch with her constituency; indeed, out of touch with reality in general. No one sane seems to be able to get through to her.

Another argument for term limits. But in the meantime, whatta ya gonna do...?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

A Lecture?
Do tell! All I ever get back writing my Senators and Congressmen are "We appreciate your response to (____insert topic____) and we (___Fully Agree or Disagree____). then yaddah yaddah yaddah.

I'm just left knowing my letter at least added to a tally being kept somewhere. I've never gotten more than a standard template letter with the blanks filled in for my reply though. Wow.. a lecture... now that is a dandy way to lose votes, regardless of the issue.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ah. I was expecting news of Average White Band reconstituting. "Oh, no," I said to myself.

But on a serious note: Diane Feinstein is my senator--well, not MY senator; but you know what I mean. I wrote her once, on some other matter, one on which we obviously disagree--and got a stern lecture in return. She's completely out of touch with her constituency; indeed, out of touch with reality in general. No one sane seems to be able to get through to her.

Another argument for term limits. But in the meantime, whatta ya gonna do...?

I went there, too. C'mon! You gotta' like AWB!

I'm from Diane's state, too. Boy, we have our share of idiot reps. 'Had the same experience when I sent Nancy Pelosi an email about banning water flouridation. Her stern and rather condescending reply basically said, "We know more than you do, so don't worry about it."
edit on 9/6.2012 by graceunderpressure because: fumble fingers

edit on 9/6.2012 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/6.2012 by graceunderpressure because: Sheesh! Do you ever have one of those, "just can't type" days?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Ex_CT2

A Lecture?
Do tell! All I ever get back writing my Senators and Congressmen are "We appreciate your response to (____insert topic____) and we (___Fully Agree or Disagree____). then yaddah yaddah yaddah.

I'm just left knowing my letter at least added to a tally being kept somewhere. I've never gotten more than a standard template letter with the blanks filled in for my reply though. Wow.. a lecture... now that is a dandy way to lose votes, regardless of the issue.

True story. I don't recall the details. I believe it was something to do with Net Neutrality. She (or, more likely, one of her aides) straightened me out pretty good.

Now I've got my mind right. Corporations and rich cronies come first. Then prison-guard and teacher unions. And so on. I'm not sure where exactly we little people come in, but I think it's way down toward the bottom somewhere....

top topics

join