It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we do prayer requests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My friends Sheri and Greg told me this. Some people (usually deltas, but not always) want help from the Lord but cannot ask. Why? because if they declare their love for God or Jesus Christ outloud and in prayer, it will call the negativity to them. They might get in a car accident or something, its very serious (as corny as it sounds). So what they do is put in a prayer request at a church or to a minister. What they do is write out a prayer that they want to tell God about, then the people of God (Light Warriors specifically, as we are all Gods people really, they just take on the burdens for the rest of us) will say it outloud to the Lord once the requestor is far away. What this does: the light the people of God have is too strong for the BLACK to see (Gods shield) and the speaker gets the prayer up to God for them.

After this, God can seek the "in danger" person out, and begin to work with them so that they are protected and pulled out of the situation they are in (really get them on the journey to his ministry, as if they are that deep in the BLACK they got some mad tithing to do). It will save your life-its not a joke. Its also used when someone wants a prayer to go in for someone else, a lot of times for someone who doesnt know God at all. Say you have a family member you think is going down the wrong path and youve tried everything to help them, but it just doesnt seem to keep them out of trouble or end up working. Try a prayer request. Drive to every church you know/see on the road and write one out and drop it in the "prayer request box". Its not mandatory, but it helps the church continue doing this type of work and all of its other work if you make a donation of any amount. For instance Sunday I put my last 25 cents on the plate at a service I went to as im homeless and my money is literally zero. Understand that this has nothing to do with "upping the request" or "making it more special" than a person that doesnt or cant give money. It just helps keep that church working (electricity, communion costs, service costs, etc). But that will help get God to start testing them so they will become aware of his presence. His testing is very liberal lol. He wont let them go usually once he sees them unless they consciously choose to abandon him. So that there is a real world reason to put in prayer requests- they catch the "eye in the sky".

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

So by pushing towards good they get a backlash of the ego and negative things trying to corrupt? I do not understand why people do not just meditate and get higher understanding of themselves so they can monitor themselves. There is nothing to fear but the human minds inability to control and monitor itself. Even if you do get strange ideas that seem out of place with understanding you can just ignore anything (let it pass thru) in your mind that is not what you want it to be and be on the level of enlightment that you want to be. The stronger the preassure is around you the stronger the will you can create by not caving under it. It is like weightlifting your will. The more weight the more streangth you create.

In the end all wall break apart if you keep chipping on them. It is not a race but a maraton and some will crawl slowly. But that is ok. There is no hurry and the longer time passed the more people are helping.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My friends Sheri and Greg told me this. Some people (usually deltas, but not always) want help from the Lord but cannot ask. Why? because if they declare their love for God or Jesus Christ outloud and in prayer, it will call the negativity to them.

This is totally incorrect and has no scriptural basis. It is just a way to keep food on the preachers table. The father and the son are there for you anytime you need them but not there for what we want. Just ask them to be there for you and you will come to see that they always there.

However there is power to prayer and one can benefit if you have faithful people in your corner praying with you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

My friends Sheri and Greg told me this. Some people (usually deltas, but not always) want help from the Lord but cannot ask. Why? because if they declare their love for God or Jesus Christ outloud and in prayer, it will call the negativity to them. They might get in a car accident or something, its very serious (as corny as it sounds). So what they do is put in a prayer request at a church or to a minister. What they do is write out a prayer that they want to tell God about, then the people of God (Light Warriors specifically, as we are all Gods people really, they just take on the burdens for the rest of us) will say it outloud to the Lord once the requestor is far away. What this does: the light the people of God have is too strong for the BLACK to see (Gods shield) and the speaker gets the prayer up to God for them.

WTH kind of teachings is this? This is superstition. You can pray to him for anything, but you don't need to pray for things like finances because he will take care of stuff like that because he is our Provider. Just don't pray for selfish crap like a pot of gold for yourself. Not that he can't swing it but he really hates selfishness. You will get more doing for others in secret and as you do for others in secret he will reward you openly, but don't do it for the rewards, do it for the love of others.

We do prayer requests at my church because the more people who pray and agree on the matter, Jesus said he will do it himself for the glory of the Father.

This is very strange things, i've honestly never heard of this and i'm a missionary baptist.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
WTH kind of teachings is this? This is superstition. You can pray to him for anything, but you don't need to pray for things like finances because he will take care of stuff like that because he is our Provider. Just don't pray for selfish crap like a pot of gold for yourself. Not that he can't swing it but he really hates selfishness. You will get more doing for others in secret and as you do for others in secret he will reward you openly, but don't do it for the rewards, do it for the love of others.

I agree but only few Christians/few churches do this

I've been to many churches to different countries, rich and poor, big and small and the subject of most prayer requests have been jobs, better jobs, better business deals, better schools, money, money, money!

Jesus either prayed for the fulfillment of the Will of his Father or simply gave thanks.

We also pray too much for our own protection.. ..Shows how much we love our own lives and God hates that too! Just give thanks to whatever you are doing and keep praying for opportunities to do God's Will. Opportunities like preaching the Gospel to the ends of the Earth. This is no joking matter.

new topics

top topics

join