It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who's watching Obama's speech...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
tonight, regardless of political preference, just for the inspiring speech?

I know I will be, lots of my fellow co-workers, Canadians in general and people all over the world. As you know, for the Leader of the Free World, his views and ideologies need to be heard by all whether his domestic financial/economic policies directly effect us or not.

The fact people are stating the party couldn't find 75k people to fill the arena is malaraky to me, even if they had to bus people in.

Obama hate not welcome, there are plenty of other threads for that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Obama haters wont be watching, but they will be talking tomorrow about how he said how much he hates america

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Its the only Comedy show on tonight, of course im going to watch it

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'm going to watch but I doubt he can beat Clinton's speech from last night.
Ole Slick Willy sure has a way with words!

For a few minutes he almost had me convinced to vote for HIM!

link   
Sure i'll watch. It's an important part of this countries History....

Seems important regardless of what side of the political spectrum, one might happen to fall on.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'll be watching. I don't have very high expectations because I don't think he can match 2008 Obama.
But I will still watch and be inspired, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
The Obama haters wont be watching, but they will be talking tomorrow about how he said how much he hates america

I think Republicans will be watching, IMO.... Not just because he is your president, but because he is Obama.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'll watch it for the same reason I watched Clinton's last night. Basic curiosity. I think I have made myself pretty clear across these boards where my thoughts and loyalties lie but I will still tune in to see what is said.

For me, these conventions are like political philosophy research. I like to observe and listen to what it is that people hear that makes them get so excited and/or p!ssed and what motivates them to take the positions they take.

For me personally, the are both off the correct path...but that is my opinion. It is still pretty fascinating to see how many people bite hook line and sinker on these speeches without ever stepping back and looking at the big picture. These speeches are written to extract a pre-determined response. The writers are masters of dis-information, propaganda and social programming. You don't think they spend billions studying the effects of these things for nothing do you? Call it a watered down form of subliminal programming...they know exactly what to say to get the spectators of the Roman Coliseums roaring...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What channel is it on? what time?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

Yes they will, they'll be watching. It's hard to follow the man Bill Clinton, who's appearance brought the audience to life like it was the 1990's again. Obama will be speaking to a smaller crowd. There will be no women fainting, no "yes we can !", no " Obama ! Obama ! Obama ! " It will just be Barack Hussein Obama, his failed miserable record of economics, partisanship, dictatorial executive abuse, etc. He ain't the hope and change salesman of 08. Now he has been demoted from god status to just another man.

Now, why will I, a conservative voter be watching ? I will be looking for chinks in the armor, a bit of stuttering, a failure of the teleprompter. I will be looking for John Kerry beads of sweat falling from his worried face. All the while I will be taking notes on talking points to send with my recommendations to the Romney for President Campaign. I know what to look for and what to say.

What will I look for ?

1. Share the wealth (communism)
2. Tax the rich (class warfare)
3. Women's rights (failed war on women )
4. Most importantly, a dog bone with a bow special government plan for jobs, or some other vote purchasing scheme.

Number four is most important because if he offers it now after trashing the economy, everyone will say, "Why didn't you do this at the beginning ? "

I will enjoy the catastrophe to unfold tonight.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GARN40ish

I think Convention coverage starts at 7 Eastern on just about any news channel. Obama will probably speak at 10 PM Eastern. It's broadcast on network news and cable news channels.

9:25 PM Jill Biden speaks to the Democratic National Convention.
10:10 PM Obama delivers remarks at the Democratic National Convention;

Source

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

4. Most importantly, a dog bone with a bow special government plan for jobs, or some other vote purchasing scheme.

1. Nothing wrong with helping your fellowed down citizen. I don't care what anyone says.

2. Sure. Tax the rich = No big breaks for large company. GE paid zero tax and profited like 10 billion.
(I understand higher taxes on rich, equals less risk, less risk = less jobs but everyone should pay a fair share)

3. Equal pay for women was the FIRST bill he signed! Standing up for homosexuality, kids allowed on healthcare till they're 26 also tide very well with women.

4. He tried with stimulus and bail-outs (which "saved" the country). Lots of people will argue that.

I'm willing to literally bet that Obama's approval rate will increase, markets will go up and he will gain a 5+ point spread on Romney. I'll post results tomorrow.
edit on 6-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am on kid watch tonight out in the barn - I will listen to the speech on the radio.

I think the guy is a douche personally but he is the Douche-in-Chief so I will listen out of curiosity.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

kids allowed on healthcare till they're 26

If you think people who are 26 are "kids" we have a serious problem in America. At 26 an adult should be well and securely on his/her own.

Time to cut the apron strings - we coddle our kids too much which is evident in our society today. They are fat, weak and stupid for the most part.

Struggle builds character.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Fromabove

1. Nothing wrong with helping your fellowed down citizen. I don't care what anyone says.

2. Sure. Tax the rich = No big breaks for large company. GE paid zero tax and profited like 10 billion.
(I understand higher taxes on rich, equals less risk, less risk = less jobs but everyone should pay a fair share)

3. Equal pay for women was the FIRST bill he signed! Standing up for homosexuality, kids allowed on healthcare till they're 26 also tide very well with women.

4. He tried with stimulus and bail-outs (which "saved" the country). Lots of people will argue that.

edit on 6-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

1. It's not helping it's confiscation of wealth to give to others who refuse to work for a living.

2. GE is a friend of Obama, I think we should refer to him as to why that was after they got gazillions of stimulus money. The assets of the rich they want is their savings accounts.

3. Sex discrimination has been illegal for decades, it's all about forcing Christians to dispense contraception to promiscuous women, and make us all pay for the abortions of their unwanted babies.

4. The stimulus packages failed and the money all went over seas to Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, the IMF, to Pakistan, and to Greece. To failed Solyndra, to failed GM volt factories. Not to infrastructure, not to bridges, and not to men with shovels.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Before you get all excited about tonight's awesome and miraculous speech by his excellency the great and dictatorial great one, Obama, I think you all need to see this video first.

www.youtube.com...

and this one too, it's just not like the good old days anymore....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I didn't watch any of the Republican Convention. I've sure as heck not watched this dog and pony show in Charlotte.

These are the ultimate "everyone! Look at me! I'm GREAT!' shows and they make me sick. We KNOW each of them thinks they are the greatest thing to ever come to mankind for leadership. We know they have an ego large enough to get it's own carving on Rushmore. Each of them, in both parties are that bad these days.

So... Everyone share the highlights if you would...it's all I'd have cared about anyway. I'm watching actions because in this election cycle, words are cheaper than ever before and both sides have words by the truckload. Words won't save this nation...actions will.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'll watch, but it'll be around 4 am my time. Gotta see what I'll be commenting on!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yep... Ill be watching.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll watch. Slick Willy was so slick with his words, he had the crowd on their feet all night. He even gave compliments to Michelle that made her blush.

Anyway, I can't wait for the speech tonight.

Interesting note but the ratio of likes vs dislikes on the DNC speeches and the RNC speeches are interesting. Both Romney and Ryan had a lackluster like/dislike ratio of viewers relative to the higher like/dislike views from viewers who viewed both Michelle Obama's speech and Clinton's speech, respectively.

What does this mean? Probably not much BUT it does indicate viewers are finding what the DNC speakers are saying more in tune with their wants and needs.

Just an observation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join