join

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I love you.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

It is a call to just stop once in a while and enjoy. Simple as that.

Thank you. I needed a positive message today.
edit on 9/7/2012 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yesterday ...

I love nature, and family and friends are more important than anything ...

no rat race for me ...
edit on 7-9-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I do those things everyday of the week.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

have you been listening to this song and decided to do a post expanding upon the lyrics? www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well said OP and very true.

I am an avid gardenerer and love nature. I firmly believe we are beings of this world and not seperate from it. Life is about living. Don't wallow in negativity.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ah yes, the sun... a week ago after months of being indoors and thinking I was a total night person, I craved sunlight so much that I was desperate for a trip to the beach. I got it, and had a wonderful time.

I don't think I'd call caring about values more than things that make life worth living a conspiracy, but it is worthy of attention. Once, I stopped myself and thought, "What in the world am I running away from?" Everything I do, I seem to want to finish as fast as possible.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Y a plus de québecois ici que je ne le croyais haha

Very good thread Son, happiness can be found so easily in such little things while some people try to buy happiness with money.. Humans are meant to live in harmony with the nature but we are thought otherwise in our society... Sad

Nice song by the way Ben, I've always liked this song.

Take care buddies

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Society trains you otherwise. The media programs you otherwise. We are trained to acquire. This lipstick will turn you into a goddess. This car will turn you into a playboy. This house will turn you into somebody. Well...you already are somebody !!"

Dont you know it! I dont own a car- and seeing how people drive- they all think they deserve to be in a car commercial. The car doesnt do anything but tell others "I'm an SOB who owns a car I am still paying on, and while I look cool, I am a miserable F****!"

I own a macbook, courtesy of the school I go to. It doesnt make me trendy, cool, or "in". Some of the time, I am swearing at it, thanks to some of *the* dumbest software I have the misfortune to use. The computer itself works great, OS is solid- but to put me in a niche beyond "oh. He goes to Full Sail" is stupid.

I have noticed that the "rich" are a miserable bunch. They hardly smile, they are always running around, they have this need to be *the* most important person in whatever they do, even if it's going to the bathroom. If you have the walk signal, and a rich person is turning? You arent as "important" as they are. They try to run you over. They have to be the center of attention at the store- especially the checkout. WHY.

Here's an example: I passed one of my first art classes (A). my g/f came along to help me lump all of the stuff I had brought in my portfolio back home. The rest of the class is standing around in their "Angsty Artist Wear"- all black clothes, tattoos, shades, the hat (usually a porkpie)... and the attitude. Too bad it didnt help them with their grades. They were getting low Cs and Ds. I wear a tshirt and shorts. Or pants if it dares to get cold down here. The others who got good grades dressed similar to me- unassuming.

it's like the media has been overplaying a placebo effect, and it's gone to delusion of the masses. Personal experiences has shown they do N O T like to have their little fantasies shattered, either...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Laced713

have you been listening to this song and decided to do a post expanding upon the lyrics?
[SNIP]

No. Would have been a good idea though...

This thread had been in the works for a while. The gruesome experience of a good friend that passed away recently sorta gave me the kick I needed to finish it.

I do love Pink Floyd !!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Very inspirational reading here, thanks to all.

I am slowly geting to conclusion, that this sort of message is the key for change in society. One needs to slow down get closer to source and in this state, he can think what to do for better tomorrow. If this inner realization is missing, then any revolution wont do much good.

Now just to find a way how to best comunicate it to the others...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
When was the last time you stopped stressing, sat down, and truly enjoyed a sunset ?

... or a sunrise.

Starred and flagged for sure.

edit on 9/7/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I do notice that many of you that have replied so far do these little meaningful things on a daily basis or as often as you can...

It is highly reassuring. In a world of pro active consumers, there are still people that stop, breathe and enjoy.

KUDOS !!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Where did you get that sunset pic

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jisujaaljo

Where did you get that sunset pic

All those pictures I found through Google images.

Wanted to find pics that best represent the question above it. There are tons of good pics but I liked those.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Peace. We are usually too preoccupied with stress and contempt to truly enjoy the things we come across. We have a tendency to paint our encounters with a profane brush these days, Nature is ignored, everything is normal but hey, our eyes are windows to the world, which we can continually share with others. Stick to your vision!
edit on 7-9-2012 by Comet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

actually i believe it could be mine, not 100% sure but 90%

looking through my gazillion raw files on the harddrive as we speak

not that i would mind that its gone wild, would just be cool

il let you know
jimmy

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jisujaaljo

Hiya Jimmy !!

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet if it'd be yours !!!!

Just don't sue me, okay !

It is one of the best sunset pics coming out of a google image search with only the word "sunset"...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Every day I do these things!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

hi again

nope not mine
would have been soo soo cool

this is mine

and heres a bonus one to you for the trouble.

jimmy

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join