It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey You...Yeah, You...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by Ben81

Hey Salut Ben !!

Thanks for the musical interlude ! Great piece !! Wasn't that from the Davinci Code ?

Ahh Salut lol
javais oublier tetais un quebecois aussi !
pis quest ten pense de Pauline Marois qui a gagner

pu de charest .. attend jpense jvais verser une larme

The song is from Davinci Code yes
a recent sign helped me to find it back on YT
did you know it was the official church music ?
really powerfull if you listen to it carefully .. this music have words in it
you just cant see them the song is a story about each souls holy grail
it mean YOU or ME or HIM consciousness expension

Please let me share another song in your thread

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
*** IMPORTANT ***

This thread, the OP itself, is simply to be seen as a message promoting life and its wonders.

It is NOT a call to rebellion. It is NOT a call to stop working, or to stop our everyday challenges. It is NOT a call to hate society or the establishments.

No. It is simply a note, a simple note to remember why we live. Just a note to remember that we are, every single day, surrounded by beauty and art. Whether we see it or not, whether we believe it or not.

It is a call to just stop once in a while and enjoy. Simple as that.

reply to post by NotAnAspie

NotAnAspie,

Thank you for bringing a very important point !

You`re not knocking anything, you`re simply adding common sense to it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
*** IMPORTANT ***

This thread, the OP itself, is simply to be seen as a message promoting life and its wonders.

It is NOT a call to rebellion. It is NOT a call to stop working, or to stop our everyday challenges. It is NOT a call to hate society or the establishments.

No. It is simply a note, a simple note to remember why we live. Just a note to remember that we are, every single day, surrounded by beauty and art. Whether we see it or not, whether we believe it or not.

It is a call to just stop once in a while and enjoy. Simple as that.

reply to post by NotAnAspie

NotAnAspie,

Thank you for bringing a very important point !

You`re not knocking anything, you`re simply adding common sense to it.

Well I was just trying because I have compassion for people who have a hard time enjoying life due to a feeling of something missing that overwhelms them or a feeling that they should be tending to other matters or those that find happiness in places where others would think they are just despairing. For example, I used to be afraid of being alone/ being bored because I wanted distraction in life to keep me from thinking deeply but it would often turn into a painful cycle of emotions that I couldn't make sense of. I still do not like being alone but I feel more alone around others than I do when being alone. Joys in life are reminders of things missing and being alone is now an opportunity to remember the deepest truths I have assessed in life and to feel connected to things that are lost. I have quite possibly gone off the deep end but the shallow end seems to be nothing more than a distraction. I imagine myself simply doing and being happy in the simplest form... but not alone whereas reality can, not always, but can be a reminder of things I don't care to focus on.

Perhaps a seemingly defensive reply but my experience with others who tend to be entertained by things I sometimes fail to have an interest in without understanding how it feels at times, compels me to attempt to explain these things.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
watched a spectacular sunset lastnight ... sitting out this morning watching a beautiful sunrise ... listening to the birds chatter having coffee...

good thread and very good points op ... too many people worry about damn money and material rubbish that they forget whats important and how to live life rather than exist...
S&F
edit on 6/9/12 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

SeekerofTruth,

What you say is so true that I will repost it again, here, just in case some members would have skipped over it...

It is so easy to be overwhelmed by the numerous deceptions around us, and the fight to stand up for truths, that we, or at least me, forget to remember what truly matters...to live...and to love....to acknowledge this great gift of life...that majority of humans would only remember on their last day on this planet...at that moment of passing on....as the life that we lived flashed in quick succession, with joys over what we did...and regrets which we seek for a second chance...but only a chance never to ever have as our present life ends..within moments.

To acknowledge this great gift of life indeed !

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
On a rainy day, i like to sit on my porch drinking a cup of coffee while i watch the rain.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This may sound weird, but 6 years ago I had a major stroke.

It was the single best thing to happen to me.

Before that I was working 70-80 hour weeks.

My marriage was falling apart.

I was a nervous stressed out wreck.

I was well on my way to being a horrible miserable human being.

Having the stroke forced me to simply stop and take a breath, it allowed me to reassess what mattered and what was important to me.

Today me and my wife have never been more fulfilled and happy, truly happy.

That is what success should be, happiness, not the big house and nice cars.

True happiness can be found anywhere if you stop to take the time to find it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
S&F.
This reminds me of how badly I want to get out
of the city. Permanently.

You're right though,
everyone around me is in zombie mode with their
toys it seems like. I noticed this the other day
standing in line for coffee, not a word was being
spoken by anyone, just tapping away on their
iPhones.

It was kind of spooky really.

Yes it is scary especially when everyone you see is tapping away behind thread wheel.

Thank you for sharing this OP the are my favorite kind of threads

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
boooooo.

IMO, all you have managed to do here is pile the ultimatum even higher, and added your "should" to the cacauphony of "should".

the only way for a person to become authentic is to stop telling themselves what they should to be doing thinking or feeling.....even if if what they should to be doing is something really great like smelling flowers.

in the spectrum of human experience, why should the perspective you present here be prized above all others?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Similar story on a bit of a lesser scale.

Three years ago I was hit by a car and was hurt pretty bad. Spent 11 days in the hospital, multiple broken bones. I was 18 at the time.

I'll never forget getting wheeled out the door and being outside for the first time in a week and a half. The leaves on the trees were POPPING with color. The air tasted gourmet.

My perception will be forever enhanced by that experience.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

What a great post - lovely reading for a Friday afternoon.

Having recently spent a few days at the beach, I can definitely say it brings everything into perspective. There's nothing more fulfilling than simple walking, breathing, and appreciating the moment.

Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

in the spectrum of human experience, why should the perspective you present here be prized above all others?

Oh I don't ask that it be prized. This is simply the way I have come to envision life. Not 100% of the time, I would lie if I said so but I do try.

Talking of the spectrum of human experience, there are some awesome testimonies within this very thread, of members, like you and I that for whatever reason came their way, have started to look at life differently.

Realizing that life is the greatest gift of all. That is the prize.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Beautiful Thread!

I really appreciate this, and it made me want to go out and do all of these things lol

Thanks so much S&F
Mike

Added:

Realizing that life is the greatest gift of all. That is the prize.

I like too see it as more of a gift.

Thank you again!
edit on 6-9-2012 by PsyMike91 because: add

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Every single day.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i feel ya man but they probably just had somethin else on their mind. it is impossible for anyone to not appreciate nature when they enter it in a relaxed state.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I love this post!!

I live close to the ocean, I go there daily and relax watching the waves........Nature is calming, I have a bunch of indoor plants, the plants seem to change the atmosphere and break up tension.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I actually do have a lifestyle which allows me to do this daily.
I live in the mountains, with a breathtaking view, I work outdoors with animals, I do my daily runs and mediations in the forest, on the grassy outcroppings which overlook the Rhone Valley. I eat vegetables and fruit grown on my land and that of my neighbors, I eat the meat of animals that thrive in the land around me, and that I help care for.

My husband works in the city, as he loves that, but he also has a lot of time off, paid, to spend in our natural environment, and with our family and friends.

But that was not the case when I lived in So. Calif. I think the culture has to value this and make it possible. I live in South France now- where everyone gets two hours off at lunchtime to go home and eat with their family... kids don't bring a lunch to school, employees don't eat at the nearest fast food.

Having the biggest and most recent model car is not valued, so people aren't in such a race to compete with each other. Bigger, better, faster is looked at with mistrust..... because they figure, if you have that, you have probably sacrificed the smaller, more fagile, slower parts of life to get it- like your children and grandchildren, flowers, and the afternoon breeze.

I am sure so many would like to enjoy a life in which they can slow down and savor the subtilities of the senses, but for many it just isn't possible.

That's why we have renovated our stone barn to make an apartment for guests, with a marvelous view, a jacuzzi, fruit trees and a veggie garden surrounding, hiking trails in front, and a large spa area! I want to see those people having a moment of this- of getting in touch with nature, and their body again! We are thinking of making a creative area with paint, and clay and various materials available to do some artistic creation.

I really appreciate having a life like this and want to share it with others that can't.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A worthy post my friend. A nice barefoot walk followed by some solar gazing when the sun sets its my evening followed by star gazing and constellation finding to peaceful music on my patio. I recommend all three to everyone. Learn first how to properly solar gaze first though or you could hurt your eyes. walk in light my friend, and may you never forget again.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i live on real wide long street which one end leads into a tavern shopping complex, Im surrounded by a reserve santuary and have many pets friends who visit from it. Over the road is a double story wiccan witches house. I meditate by standing in hot shower for a half hour. Theres a gym at work i go each day. I dont work fridayes cause i like three day weekends. I watched the Expendables 2 today. I liked the movie even though it had terrible acting and excessively ridulous violence. Not really sure what this threads about so i threw a mix in.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Great thread. And to answer the question(s): I'm working on it..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join