It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy keeps expanding...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Well my candidate (and many others here you will find) is already all but out of the running so..

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Well my candidate (and many others here you will find) is already all but out of the running so..

Ya, I know, I think the GOP screwed Ron

Now the GOP is running an elite, east coast liberal...

The irony

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

There is really no difference between the Republican and Democratic party anymore (save for the issue of Abortion)

They are the same party divided only by color and animal.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by CaptChaos

reply to post by CaptChaos

I was unaware that babies are considered a part of the
Work force. I am happy to find out that people never die
Or retire. Too bad immigrants don't work off if the radar.

edit on 7-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

You're right. You shouldn't count new people being born. They never grow up and enter the workforce. There are none that were born twenty years ago now unemployed.

And the economy doesn't fluctuate in the course of 20 years either.

Everything that is going to remain the same for two decades.

It does burn BTW

just give up, you lost every argument here and no one has backed you up. Obama economics, aka blow trillions of dollars, is a fail

No one has backed me up because nobody wants to mauled

They know exactly what I did and all of you have responded in the most predictable
fashion. Plus most people don't usually design a fight on purpose.

This is not a thread about economics, it is a thread about sociology.

You must protect the negative narrative because it is vital to your desired political whims.

If America were improving it would make your story appear wrong and it would improve
the chances of Obama getting reelected and vindicate "progressivism".

You guys know that and so do I.

Wanna see me do it again?

Where was this "positive data" you supposedly posted?

Things just suck less badly than before? This is a positive in your world?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
let me help with some facts to clarify this debate
"The number of Americans whom the U.S. Department of Labor counted as “not in the civilian labor force” in August hit a record high of 88,921,000.

The Labor Department counts a person as not in the civilian labor force if they are at least 16 years old, are not in the military or an institution such as a prison, mental hospital or nursing home, and have not actively looked for a job in the last four weeks. The department counts a person as in “the civilian labor force” if they are at least 16, are not in the military or an institution such as a prison, mental hospital or nursing home, and either do have a job or have actively looked for one in the last four weeks.

In July, there were 155,013,000 in the U.S. civilian labor force. In August that dropped to 154,645,000—meaning that on net 368,000 people simply dropped out of the labor force last month and did not even look for a job.

There were also 119,000 fewer Americans employed in August than there were in July. In July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 142,220,000 Americans working. But, in August, there were only 142,101,000 Americans working.

Despite the fact that fewer Americans were employed in August than July, the unemployment rate ticked down from 8.3 in July to 8.1. That is because so many people dropped out of the labor force and stopped looking for work.
"
FOUR people stopped LOOKING for work for every ONE that got a job flipping burgers. Four More Years for the GREATEST Hoax perpetrated on the American People - next to Global Warming.

cnsnews.com...

The sad fact is that Obama held back stimulus monies for 2012 so he can artificaially create a few jobs for an election year and they are playing numbers games for the uninformed, hopeful welfare recipients, minorities and partisan dupes.

Romney is no better.

But this thread is simply a lie. The facts should be more than manipulated numbers games for a political agenda.
Somehow in this thread that equates to being unamerican and wanting Obama to fail. I want a bank robber, home invader and rapist to fail too. Does that make me a racist? Unamerican? Inhumane? because I recognize that a portion of the perps are minorities, americans and males?

Obama is gwb's 3'rd term

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Ya, I know, I think the GOP screwed Ron

Now the GOP is running an elite, east coast liberal...

The irony

Give ya a star for that one.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

We are now in the 30 month of continual job growth in America.
The economy added 200,000 more jobs in the latest jobs report.

www.latimes.com...

This will help Obama in re-election because it is further signifies that his policies
are geared to encourage long term growth.
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

Ummm.... There are over 80 Million Americans out of work and Unemployment is only dropping because Job seekers are dropping out of the looking entirely.

Their own numbers and stats show that. The Bureau of Labor Statistics calls it the Alternative Measure, by recording the number who've dropped out of even looking anymore. The number of actual 'not working' to the population is still scary in places like Yuma (31.2%) or Modesto at 15.7%.

However. to suggest the lower number is somehow a positive thing is silly. The economic stats and everything else show people are hurting all over and benefits are qualifying at record numbers. Pushing 50% on Food Stamps alone.

The nation has a fever and dumb started 12 years ago, not 4...to be entirely fair. Both sides have failed, spectacularly.

* ^^ Reply to OP.. I hadn't even gone across the many pages yet. Catching up all that now.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The economy is going to remain stagnant on hiring until corporations and small business owners are assured they aren't going to be hammered with even more taxes and regulations.

It's like the company I work for. We could surely use 5-10 more people, but there is a hiring freeze. And I don't see that freeze going away until Obama is out of office.

And it's not flipping burgers, these are decent 50-75k a year jobs. Not 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous', but still easy to make a living on.

It's not rocket science. If you are anti-business, then you are anti-hiring.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join