It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy keeps expanding...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Originally posted by thepresident
Most of you in this thread are Right Wing zealots

If it makes you feel better to think so...

I can see the truth wouldn't be relevant here.

:shk:

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

So you are saying the economy didn't add 200,000 new jobs in August?

Congratulations, yes thats what I am saying!

No jobs added, no production, infact falling production!

U.S. Employers Did Not Add Jobs in August;
Economists Blame Low Consumer Confidence, Political Impasse

A new report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicated that job growth that began in 2010

has ended,

bolstering potential claims that more needs to be done by the government to spur job creation.
August marked the first time in the past eleven months that nonfarm payroll employment did not increase. Unemployment did not improve either, remaining at 9.1 percent.

www.nytimes.com...

No wonder Obama does not want to talk about the economy!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Us realists can enjoy the fresh air here up on top,
free from the sand. I hate sand in my eyes, dont you?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I hate sand in my eyes, dont you?

Indeed!

It clashes with my eye color. Got to stay sharp lookin' for the Mrs.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

red eyes, usually a sign of distress!

Just the sheer audacity of the manipulation is boggling!

I just reread the OP's article, funny how this was in the first paragraphs!

...will it all be for naught the next morning when the monthly jobs report is released?

Right now, things are looking up for Obama: A pair of fresh reports Thursday suggests that the national jobs statistics for August are likely to turn out brighter than forecast.

Yes, all for naught because the truth is :

Zero Job Growth Latest Bleak Sign for U.S. Economy

edit on 6-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Well if you say so.

I still think he's a horrible leader and those numbers are a lot of fluff.

I am not sure how you think it is bad that the economy is starting rev up again.

I you sure your perceptions are not tainted by information that you expose yourself to?

I did not make up this data, it is real, which is why I do not see the negative that
you perceive.

Could it be that the problem is the propaganda you are exposing yourself to?

Over twenty years ago, a professional financial analyst showed me how Washington manipulates statistics. Washington's little secret is that if the metrics show failing performance, they simply change the composition of those metrics or the manner in which the data collected. The "data" that we have is simply not comparable across the years without factoring in a whole lot of fudging. I wonder how many could keep up with all the changes?

If Washington says 8 percent unemployment, we might have 18 percent factual. If Washington says we have 200,000 new jobs, I'd believe some fraction of that. But ..... any new jobs we have are a result of the ponzi scheme of the Federal Reserve and "others" buying bonds and continuous QE's. Sixteen trillion in deficit means we're hosed -- there's no stopping the collapse that's coming. Washington and Wall Street have looted the treasury beyond the point where it can recover. I'm convinced they did this by design.

If we tried to operate our households or businesses the way that Washington runs the government, we would be in prison for LIFE.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

No

That is not logical.

The record could have increase further.

Now, why are you so hell bent on painting this data in a negative light?

Why don't you be honest?

Me be honest????? Pot meet kettle my friend!!!! I don't buy into any partisanship arguements unlike you!!!! Your hold the torch for the "Progressives" more so than most do on ATS!!

Here is why I am more honest than you, since you brought up my integrity................

I can admit, that I have made a mistake, can you?

I can admit that there are things that the right makes sense, as I can also admit there are things that the left stands for that makes sense!!!!

But the reality of the whole thing, is that you will vouch for and defend your party whether you agree with it or not!!

Now with that being said, BOTH parties are playing us against each other to create DIVISION!!! Do you know the meaning of that word, or should I look it up for you?

We can play this game of us versus them until we have an extiction level event that would eliminate this BS from BOTH parties, OR we can learn to find a common ground and actually begin to do something that would move our country and world in a positive direction!!! That is all I am looking for! Compromise so that we can all respect each others freedoms and rights and NOT be part of this partisan nonsense, that you and so many others on ATS buy into!

So you can keep cheering for your team, and continue to be part of the PROBLEM in this world, or you can LEARN to compromise and find a common ground with your opposition, and possibly make this world a better place for ALL OF US!!

The choice is yours, but unfortunately, I am not really expecting you to get it!

I actually made this thread to illicit the responses I have gotten.

How many of you poo poo-ed positive data about the PRIVATE sector growth???

I counted 18 of 22 of the members who responded thought that the economy adding 200,000 was a negative thing

ALL 18 made excuses or found a way to turn this information into a detrimental piece of data
by constructing a reason to deny the validity of the information or it's significance

So I do not understand why all of you guys, who believe in the private market, can
perceive this information as negative?

THE PRIVATE SECTOR ADDED THESE JOBS

NOT THE GOVERNMENT!

So why are you guys lambasting it and not embracing it?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Most of you in this thread are Right Wing zealots

If it makes you feel better to think so...

:shk:

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

Sure it would.

You just refuse to reveal your true motive.

My true motive was to get all of you to belittle

the fact that the

PRIVATE SECTOR added 200,000 jobs

The very market force Right Wingers claim to admire is no match for your zealotry
and fascination with the NARRATIVE you guys have concocted.

This information made the PRIVATE SECTOR LOOK GOOD

but the vast majority of you responded exactly as I suspected.

I manipulated you very well; and you did a superb job in playing your

role as perpetuator of the myth and narrative Right Wing Propagandists

have made up. Even when the data could have been used to bolster

your market economy ideas, you chose to lambast it.

The fact is, your emotional bias is the true thesis of this thread.

edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Us realists can enjoy the fresh air here up on top,
free from the sand. I hate sand in my eyes, dont you?

You guys played your roles well.

Defenders of the Mythos!

If you guys had axes, half of you would have chopped me up.

America "must" perish because that is what you consume, your
output mirrors your input.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I mentioned the population of the city limits.

I did not hide that, but you have to make sure to give the impression I did

Maybe I give that impression, because you never mentioned it. Here is your EXACT quote.

Originally posted by camaro68ss

That is enough jobs to employ 2/3 of Cincinnati Ohio -

You keep being negative, when you grow up, hopefully you will re examine your politics

Now maybe you mentioned it prior to your edit of the post, but as you can see by the final product, there is no mention of the City Limits.

Then you can attack my character easier and dismiss the entirety of the data
in the OP, am I following you???

No your not following me at all. No where in any post I have made on this thread have I attacked your character. If I have, please show it to us all and prove me to be a liar.

Mr. Wendel is here to make sure consumer confidence stays down and he is the upmost
champion for all theories pointing to American decline

Well ,no. I am sure if that was my purpose here, it would be well known by now. I have been here for several years, unlike yourself. That being said, my consumer confidence is low as it should be. After spending the last 4 years working for a company, we closed our doors last week. So I am now officially unemployed. Lucky for me, we will be reopening in a few months and I was invited to return to work at that time. So it should be easy to get by for a couple months right? Just file unemployment? Well I did do that and my unemployment is a whooping $120.00 per week...and I was working 45 hours per week. It will not even be enough to cover my rent.... and this is the first time I have ever filed for anything in my life time.

In my 40 years of life, I have worked for everything I have ever had. I have never, until this week, asked for a handout from anybody. I have worked my way out of every situation I have ever been in. Even if it meant traveling half way across the country for a job. I have been homeless. I have lived in a broken down shack (literally). This time... I can't work my way out of this situation, because I can't find a job.... well that's not entirely true, I was offered a job painting. Only problem is I do not have the $160.00 I need to get a "TWIC" card. What's a Twic Card? It is a "Transportation Worker Identification Card" which apparently I must have in order to apply paint to the side of a building

So don't presume you know a damn thing about me Junior, cause you don't know squat.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

And Cincinnati has 296,000

Any ways, good on you, you rock that negativity so well

ATS OFF

I do hope your personal affairs get better

Things are getting better there where I live.

Hope so... I have turned to optimism and I

find it is a very positive force in my life.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Well if you say so.

I still think he's a horrible leader and those numbers are a lot of fluff.

I am not sure how you think it is bad that the economy is starting rev up again.

I you sure your perceptions are not tainted by information that you expose yourself to?

I did not make up this data, it is real, which is why I do not see the negative that
you perceive.

Could it be that the problem is the propaganda you are exposing yourself to?

Over twenty years ago, a professional financial analyst showed me how Washington manipulates statistics. Washington's little secret is that if the metrics show failing performance, they simply change the composition of those metrics or the manner in which the data collected. The "data" that we have is simply not comparable across the years without factoring in a whole lot of fudging. I wonder how many could keep up with all the changes?

If Washington says 8 percent unemployment, we might have 18 percent factual. If Washington says we have 200,000 new jobs, I'd believe some fraction of that. But ..... any new jobs we have are a result of the ponzi scheme of the Federal Reserve and "others" buying bonds and continuous QE's. Sixteen trillion in deficit means we're hosed -- there's no stopping the collapse that's coming. Washington and Wall Street have looted the treasury beyond the point where it can recover. I'm convinced they did this by design.

If we tried to operate our households or businesses the way that Washington runs the government, we would be in prison for LIFE.

This DATA was not sourced in DC

It was sourced in the private sector.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If you can't see what's right in front of you, there's no help. I'm not "right wing." I voted for Obama. He sold me on his hope and change and while he left pretty much no hope, I sure got nothing but change left in my pocket. (Not even enough to buy a $4 gallon of milk that was only $1.50 not that many years ago.) You are taking one small portion of the overall picture and basing your entire opinion of "the economy keeps expanding" on it. I've seen figures that state the exact opposite. I don't look at some pretty graph from some company paid to make numbers look good. I look at the whole picture of things. The fact that you don't and won't shows you're either being willfully ignorant or you're bored and just trolling for responses (which you just actually admitted to)..

I can choose to be blind, too and smile like everything's just hunky-dory while the government keeps taking more and more from me and my family and sinking this country faster and faster. Here's a bit of advice for you, since you're all about party affiliation and placing blame where it doesn't belong: It's the entire system---not the democrats and not the republicans but the whole damn two-winged circus.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

If you can't see what's right in front of you, there's no help. I'm not "right wing." I voted for Obama. He sold me on his hope and change and while he left pretty much no hope, I sure got nothing but change left in my pocket. (Not even enough to buy a $4 gallon of milk that was only $1.50 not that many years ago.) You are taking one small portion of the overall picture and basing your entire opinion of "the economy keeps expanding" on it. I've seen figures that state the exact opposite. I don't look at some pretty graph from some company paid to make numbers look good. I look at the whole picture of things. The fact that you don't and won't shows you're either being willfully ignorant or you're bored and just trolling for responses (which you just actually admitted to)..

I can choose to be blind, too and smile like everything's just hunky-dory while the government keeps taking more and more from me and my family and sinking this country faster and faster. Here's a bit of advice for you, since you're all about party affiliation and placing blame where it doesn't belong: It's the entire system---not the democrats and not the republicans but the whole damn two-winged circus.

I didn't force people to respond -

This whole thread is also what is wrong in America, which is why I started it.

This thread went 6 pages because people are INSANE with fear and anger, that anger

and fear has been planted and it is just as much a sign of the two party system as anything

else.

Unlike most of you I blame the government AND the private sector, they are the bad actors.

Our opinions are NOT actors, they are tools to perpetuate this system, the suspension of

logic in this thread is exactly why we are ruled.

Did you see how easy it was to create a similar response in 18 out of 22 people?

I am sure I have my trigger too... But I have honed in out what I can detect, this

thread is a example and shows a pattern.

I will admit that i DO think Obama is the better of the two choices today.

I also still hold that this data is good, not bad

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

and our deficit is now over 16 trillion dollars! Not much to celebrate if you ask me.....

This is true, but our debt to GDP ratio has leveled off. In fact, it never came near our worst, WWII levels. Yes, our government spends way too much money, but looking at the number alone doesn't do you any good. Unless, of course, prices and incomes are the sane as when Reagan inherited about $700B in debt in 1981.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon1
Lots of if's in that source. So of course the numbers (200,000) aren't official.

Pretty much the only thing the article is doing is speculating.

It also states that the official unemployment rate is declining very slightly. This is most likely due to people running out of unemployment insurance. The real unemployment rate is far higher than what the official numbers say.

And no, the economy is not expanding as it has no reason to do so. Even China is in serious decline now.

Until the monetary system is changed to something not based on debt this economy will continue it's implosion. Those who think somehow the economy can recover under the current system are plainly ignorant of economics and the monetary system.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

The economy IS expanding. GDP is growing faster than the rate ofninflation. That is a fact. That money may be going disproportionately to top earners who aren't spending or re-investing in the U.S., and it's not growing fast enough for our preference to bounce back rapidly from the collapse, but it IS growing. No need to deny the facts, just argue the finer points of it (I.e. Growing too slow, middle class suffering, etc.)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Aww late to the party woo hoo lets get excited about 200,000 jobs that are not going to come close to paying for the 70 million on SS that same 70 million on medicare, then that 50 million on medicaid, or that 47 million on welfare, and like it is going to come close to paying for that 1 trillion dollar student loan debt that those graduates have no job to pay off those loans to where the government garnishes their SS.

Well done current adminstration but wait the R's took power in the House 2 years ago pretty much the time of that so called growth.

And everyone has graphics :

Fact remains job creation can not and will never keep up with the cost of welfare in this country especially when they keep adding more and more to what they will never call welfare but is.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The new topics section...

Seriously guys?

Even I knew this was a troll when I saw the title.

I played along for 2 posts just for fun

Seriously guys, don't feed the troll.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ok so 200,000 jobs created you say?

The Labor Department said 374,000 people filed first-time jobless claims in the week ended Aug. 25.

net jobs: -174,000.

...I don't see how this is a good thing. BEHOLD! economic growth is UPON US! Hence why Obama can REALLY strongly campaign on his record this election (lol)

FYI anyone who plays/watches the markets, pretty much knows short of an absolutely miraculous consumer spending bump from holiday season, we've seen the market highs for the year already. Especially with the china slumps, eurozone troubles and the possibility of an israeli vs iran confrontation on the horizon.

I'll believe in economic recovery when some of my struggling friends and acquaintances can do better than P/T work to get by and pay the bills, when Food stamps drops below 50 some odd million americans relying on them.
edit on 6-9-2012 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: the government lies, regardless of the administration. Especially in an election year. Crazy I know.

With regards to the economy, in addition to blatant lying, there is also a lot of massaging and manipulating of the numbers.

I find it funny how the government reports one thing, while the experience of the common man are completely different.

www.shadowstats.com... says it best:

Have you ever wondered why the CPI, GDP and employment numbers run counter to your personal and business experiences? The problem lies in biased and often-manipulated government reporting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join