It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy keeps expanding...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We are now in the 30 month of continual job growth in America.
The economy added 200,000 more jobs in the latest jobs report.

www.latimes.com...

This will help Obama in re-election because it is further signifies that his policies
are geared to encourage long term growth.
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is why all of you should vote for Obama.

Less all of the petty and derangement, Obama is good for this economy.

Things do not happen over night, but we will are coming back!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well if you say so.

I still think he's a horrible leader and those numbers are a lot of fluff.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

and our deficit is now over 16 trillion dollars! Not much to celebrate if you ask me.....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Maybe 200,000 jobs added in china.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Well if you say so.

I still think he's a horrible leader and those numbers are a lot of fluff.

I am not sure how you think it is bad that the economy is starting rev up again.

I you sure your perceptions are not tainted by information that you expose yourself to?

I did not make up this data, it is real, which is why I do not see the negative that
you perceive.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Maybe 200,000 jobs added in china.

I guess you think it is a game...

I personally think it is a good thing.

I don't want to see America fail just because I hate Obama.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

and our deficit is now over 16 trillion dollars! Not much to celebrate if you ask me.....

So you would rather have 200,000 people not woking collecting welfare?

That is probably why you are against re electing Obama, you secretly love
to complain and be miserable.

enjoy that

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I applaud the tenacity of the Obama followers. It just happens to be that I am not really one of them. I respect people's opinion and their right to seek out their own personal governing philosophy.

I am a Libertarian. My fundamental approach is fiscal responsibility and social freedom. I believe in big freedom and small government. I do not feel the government has the right to choose how people live their lives. I do not feel the government should regulate and tax small businesses into oblivion. I believe if a man wants to buy a cart and a small grill and sell cheap hot dogs along the side of the road...he should be able to do that without government interference or over regulation. I believe people should be free to pursue whatever they wish in an effort to feed, clothe and house themselves.

I believe people have a right to privacy and what they do with their bodies is their business. I believe people should be able to live and behave however they wish as long as their choices do not infringe upon the freedoms of another. What people do behind the closed doors of their home is no one's business.

My problem with the two party system is this...they are two wings of the same bird of prey...and we are the prey. I did not agree with Obama continuing the Patriot act. I did not agree with House Bill hr347 that he signed. I did not agree with NDAA and I did not agree with the healthcare mandate. If he wanted socialized medicine, fine...he should have went for the single payer system. I do not believe it is liberty or freedom to be told that I "have" to buy a product that supports and props up a private industry...health insurance...an industry that is backed up by the securities exchange. I'm sorry, it galls be to the bone.

Romney...is not going to change any of those four things I listed. He pretends to be so different but behind the rhetoric, the agenda to "control" the masses is the same...perhaps two different roads, but ultimately, the same final destination.

I commented in the other thread that I enjoyed Clinton's speech. I did. I also said I had no quarrel with Clinton...and I don't. I made a lot of bank while he was in office.

I cannot go to the polls this Novemeber and vote for "the lesser of two evils"...it is just not in me. I will vote for Gary Johnson. The Libertarian philosophy is "my" philosophy. I believe in it...I think it is what our country needs and I will stand by them...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I applaud the tenacity of the Obama followers. It just happens to be that I am not really one of them. I respect people's opinion and their right to seek out their own personal governing philosophy.

I am a Libertarian. My fundamental approach is fiscal responsibility and social freedom. I believe in big freedom and small government. I do not feel the government has the right to choose how people live their lives. I do not feel the government should regulate and tax small businesses into oblivion. I believe if a man wants to buy a cart and a small grill and sell cheap hot dogs along the side of the road...he should be able to do that without government interference or over regulation. I believe people should be free to pursue whatever they wish in an effort to feed, clothe and house themselves.

I believe people have a right to privacy and what they do with their bodies is their business. I believe people should be able to live and behave however they wish as long as their choices do not infringe upon the freedoms of another. What people do behind the closed doors of their home is no one's business.

My problem with the two party system is this...they are two wings of the same bird of prey...and we are the prey. I did not agree with Obama continuing the Patriot act. I did not agree with House Bill hr347 that he signed. I did not agree with NDAA and I did not agree with the healthcare mandate. If he wanted socialized medicine, fine...he should have went for the single payer system. I do not believe it is liberty or freedom to be told that I "have" to buy a product that supports and props up a private industry...health insurance...an industry that is backed up by the securities exchange. I'm sorry, it galls be to the bone.

Romney...is not going to change any of those four things I listed. He pretends to be so different but behind the rhetoric, the agenda to "control" the masses is the same...perhaps two different roads, but ultimately, the same final destination.

I commented in the other thread that I enjoyed Clinton's speech. I did. I also said I had no quarrel with Clinton...and I don't. I made a lot of bank while he was in office.

I cannot go to the polls this Novemeber and vote for "the lesser of two evils"...it is just not in me. I will vote for Gary Johnson. The Libertarian philosophy is "my" philosophy. I believe in it...I think it is what our country needs and I will stand by them...

Well Jeremieh, I respect you and your opinions.

I also appreciate the same things, I am a moderate who believes in gun rights, high regulation
on banks and insurance companies, low regulation on small businesses, I believe in a woman's
right to chose and I think everyone has the right to believe what they want in this world.

I support Obama because he is a steady hand, because the economy is coming back and
because I believe measured people make better leaders.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That isn't exactly what your source says, now is it?

ADP has missed big before, so its data shouldn’t be taken as rock solid

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
you need 350,000 new jobs every month to keep up with population growth. The DNC likes to say 4.5 million jobs have been created since obama took office. But 6.5 million americans have entered the job market. Thats a net loss of 2 million jobs.

plus government doesnt create jobs. only the privet sector does.
edit on 6-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Lots of if's in that source. So of course the numbers (200,000) aren't official.

Pretty much the only thing the article is doing is speculating.

It also states that the official unemployment rate is declining very slightly. This is most likely due to people running out of unemployment insurance. The real unemployment rate is far higher than what the official numbers say.

And no, the economy is not expanding as it has no reason to do so. Even China is in serious decline now.

Until the monetary system is changed to something not based on debt this economy will continue it's implosion. Those who think somehow the economy can recover under the current system are plainly ignorant of economics and the monetary system.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

That isn't exactly what your source says, now is it?

ADP has missed big before, so its data shouldn’t be taken as rock solid,

but if its estimate is largely confirmed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday

You miss the rest of the sentence

So you can come here and bash the private sector and Obama tomorrow, if they are wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How many centuries of continued "expanding" will it take to pay off a 16 trillion dollar debt?
So far this "expanding economy" has cost us a few Trillion in added debt.

I dont buy into this fluff, no matter who is serving it up to me.
edit on 6-9-2012 by crawdad1914 because: clarify

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you need 350,000 new jobs every month to keep up with population growth. The DNC likes to say 4.5 million jobs have been created since obama took office. But 6.5 million americans have entered the job market. Thats a net loss of 2 million jobs.

plus government doesnt create jobs. only the privet sector does.
edit on 6-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

So are you bashing the private sector?

200,000 jobs gained is 200,000 jobs gained

I am not sure why you guys hate Obama more than you love America

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well let's not go crazy with these numbers just yet. First of all it is an estimate and by no means fact. Second, 92% of the estimated new jobs are service jobs, which strongly suggests that these new jobs are flipping burgers which are clearly not high paying/benefit receiving jobs. Thus, the common worker's standard of living continues its inevitable decline.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well it's good to see America sorting the jobs there, not too sure if the jobs bring in money to America or other places, often creating jobs that are not producing things is very costly, we do that here in the UK, only today Cameron has said he wants to build 70,000 new homes, thing is that the building bits like Bricks, Wood, Plastic, Electric lighting, Cookers, Freezers, Slates, Glass, everything is imported, the UK now makes nothing, not done since Maggie closed it all in the 80s, so we are going bust big time.
Even when the houses are built they will use Gas & Electric right? well we import it from Germany & France, we own no Gas or Electric companies, not done since John Major gave them away.
All in all it will bring the UK more in dept as it has in America, your dept is 17 trillion, our dept here is now about 4 trillion, ir was nearly 1 trillion when Gordon Brown was PM, so Cameron like your leader are not good with your money.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
How many centuries of continued "expanding" will it take to pay off a 16 trillion dollar debt?
So far this "expanding economy" has cost us a few Trillion in added debt.

I dont buy into this fluff, no matter who is serving it up to me.
edit on 6-9-2012 by crawdad1914 because: clarify

So you don't think America is adding new jobs?

Or are you protesting that this is positive information?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by acparker7

Well let's not go crazy with these numbers just yet. First of all it is an estimate and by no means fact. Second, 92% of the estimated new jobs are service jobs, which strongly suggests that these new jobs are flipping burgers which are clearly not high paying/benefit receiving jobs. Thus, the common worker's standard of living continues its inevitable decline.

Service jobs mean that people are having to "MAN" new business, they always proceed
a larger expansion of the economy.

The next jobs will be jobs to manage these people, manage the structural part of businesses,
etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join