It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN bans own documentary critical of Bahraini regime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well isn't that interesting.

Source

CNN international English-language television network has refused to broadcast a documentary which was produced by the US-based network itself but heavily criticized the Bahraini regime’s repression against anti-regime protesters.

The CNN-produced documentary, iRevolution, pictured the use of extreme brutality and violence by the Manama regime against peaceful anti-government protesters in Bahrain.

The program was however banned from being broadcast in the international network, with the editorial staff citing "purely editorial reasons” for the decision.

A Tuesday report by the British daily Guardian, however, linked the network’s move to ban the show to what it described as the CNN’s “aggressive pursuit of money” from the Bahraini government.

The report cited the CNN’s pursuit of “a business strategy of extensive, multifaceted financial arrangements” with several of the repressive Arab regimes, disclosing CNN’s “financial dealings” with the US-backed regime of Bahrain and branding the dealings as “deep and longstanding.”

So CNN sends some folk to do a documentary. Realize it might hurt a diplomatic relationship and pull the plug? Sounds like corporate influence at work if you ask me.

Since when should News Networks worry about how unbiased and factual information effects the relationships of goverments? If it's reporting factual information, that is important, which human rights abuses among other things are quire important, why can the project other than government or corporate pressure?

Maybe I have the wrong angle, but it just seems wrong to me.

Thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its a conspiracy i tell ya

Would not be the first MSM has itentionally buried a story.

The major example would be post 1940's south America when big oil was going in and basically utlizing American trained mercenaries to fight local communities opposed to Oil development.

Just not good business if your consumers are thinking about all the bloodshed and corruption when they are filling up their tanks or purchasing their favourite products.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Being that close to Saudia Arabia and the sheer number of development projects that have taken place in the area, I would presume that TPTB want to keep those royal families as happy as possible.

Further, documentaries mentioned in the OP start people asking to many questions and in some cases stumbling across the connections between countries like Bahrain and Saudi Arabia to big American business as well as politicals...cough Chaney Cough

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It sounds like what they, (CNN), is doing is wrong and could almost be called a cover-up.

One point I would like to make is people always assume that in other countries people have the right to assemble and protest. In many countries it's against the law to protest even if it is in a peaceful fashion.

I guess it just surprises me when Americans are so shocked when other governments use force to break up protests.

Just remember where you are and think of where they live. Makes you a little glad to be American doesn't it?

Edit - or Canadian or British or in a "free" country.

edit on 6-9-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

One point I would like to make is people always assume that in other countries people have the right to assemble and protest. In many countries it's against the law to protest even if it is in a peaceful fashion.

I guess it just surprises me when Americans are so shocked when other governments use force to break up protests.

Just remember where you are and think of where they live. Makes you a little glad to be American doesn't it?

Are we in America not loosing our freedom to protest the government??? "Free Speech Zones"? Does our Bill of rights not guarantee us the freedom of speech? Can't ever recall that to protest you need to be put in a cage miles or blocks away from where you want to protest surrounded by police in riot gear and having to worry about agent provocateurs acting out to get everyone arrested........We are losing our freedoms to a tyrannical government quite rapidly my friend!

new topics

top topics

join