It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton's DNC Speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
Why would I waste my precious time listening to a man that not only cheated on his wife family but lied to his people on national television?

Oh Blah Blah Blah

Power/Political unions "marriages" - - - have been around since the beginning of "Man and Power".

Power/Political unions "marriages" are with us today and will always be with us.

How pathetic - - - - that no one could bring Clinton down on his politics.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Clinton really shows why he was such a popular and effective president!

Not only does he make sense, but he has the charisma to pull people into the conversation.

Great speech!

edit on 6-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

2.9 million watched clinton, 20 million watched paul ryan, and there is a reason for that!

link   

2.9 million watched clinton, 20 million watched paul ryan, and there is a reason for that!

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't want to sound condescending, but I pity anyone who thinks Clinton is some political mastermind.
Some posters have even referred to him as a genius.
Guffaw!!
He's been called "Slick Willie", since his Arkansas days, and there's a good reason for it. He's a con-man.
He and Hillary are power-grubbing egomaniacs who use people and then toss them aside the second those people are no longer useful to them. George Carlin once referred to Clinton as
"a hillbilly with a permanent hard-on".
I'll admit Bill is a great b.s. artist. He can spew it all day and night. The only thing missing is the used car lot.

The trouble with people today is they fall for the first line of crap that the sleazy salesman slings their way.
Never mind there's no substance behind it.

It reminds me of the poll that was taken on that God-awful reality show that featured a half dozen crappy rock bands trying to win a contract. The people voitng cited their reasons for choosing a band. 75% of the people voted for whatever band "looked cool". The music didn't even matter. 20,000 women voted for the worst band of all because "the singer was cute."

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
Bill Clinton's speech was AWESOME!

He used logic and dismantled all the GOP lies handily.

In his words, the Dems have create nearly twice as many PRIVATE SECTOR jobs
as the GOP.

That is a barefaced lie. The GOP has created far more private sector jobs than the Dems could hope of creating. They just chose to create those jobs in China and Taiwan, Korea and Vietnam. Simply because the lazy people in the states refuse to work for 12 bucks a week.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I don't want to sound condescending, but I pity anyone who thinks Clinton is some political mastermind.

You are right the surplus he left for Bush showed he had no idea what he was doing.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

You are right the surplus he left for Bush showed he had no idea what he was doing.

Oh he knew damn well what he was doing!
BUT....If it was a genuine surplus, then why didn't the national debt go down? Clinton borrowed money from "off-budget" sources, like the Military Retirement Fund and the Civil Service Retirement Fund, and then claimed a surplus. That's a fact. He's a con-man of the first order.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarginOfError

Where did you get this ridiculous number at FOX news? Clinton pulled in more veiwers than the Giants vs the Cowboys and even more than the RNC.

Giants vs. Cowboys vs. Clinton — CIinton wins

For about one hour of Wednesday night’s game, it competed for viewers with Bill Clinton at the DNC. From 10:30-11:30 p.m., the game averaged 23.123 million viewers. During that hour, Clinton’s address, which began around 10:30 and wrapped up at about 11:22 p.m., averaged about 22.769 million viewers across a collection of commercial networks including ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News Channel. That puts Clinton just 354,000 viewers behind the Giants and Cowboys. Digging deeper, Current TV’s DNC coverage in that hour averaged 197,000 viewers. And, contacted by the TV Column, PBS, whose numbers are not given to reporters by Nielsen, estimates it averaged around 4 million viewers, based on Nielsen fast-national statistics. Which puts Clinton over the top.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Fact Checking Bill Clinton...

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 7-9-2012 by stillwind because: Adding text.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Being an Aussie and hence an outsider, it's great to be able to read both sides in these comments. Dems = logic, GOP = gutter comments (ie Monica stuff etc). It amazes me that the GOP supporters (apparently financially wise) show so much intellectual bankruptcy.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

I agree. It's AMAZING how boring this stupid discussion can get. I scrolled through 4 pages, no, make that 16 pages with all the other threads on this topic on the "new topics"-page combined, and I just yawned.

People, you won't win, unregardless of who will win the presidency! Don't fall for either sides arguments!
MAKE UP YOUR MIND FOR YOUR OWN THOUGHTS!

THEY ARE PUTTING READILY COMPILED BLOCKS OF IDEAS IN YOUR HEAD! Ignore those ideas! THINK FOR YOURsELF!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes let me go vote Democrat so that we can give women free condoms. Let me vote Democrat so that big Government can become even more nanny state than it already is. Let's all vote Democrat so that we can have more Fast and Furious-like false flag operations to restrict the 2nd ammendment while bailing out Government Motors so that they can ship more plants overseas. Soon, only the illegal Mexicans that walk right over the border without any resistence can happily take our jobs that will eventually end up paying $2 a day like the rest of the 3rd world.

Welcome to America. Love your Government or you're a kook! Bill Clinton and his corporate puppet Obama? Yea... let me just go cast my vote for spoiled brat Mitt Romney that connects so well with the out of work Americans. You have no choice. As George Carlin said, just enjoy the show.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
[...] But I guess those who deny ignorance, also deny keeping up with the news if it good news for Obama. Honestly, It doesnt matter if you support Obama or Mitt Romney,
If you were really on board with the 'deny ignorance' thing, you would already know that both Obamney and Rombama are mere puppets, who will pander to the ones who put them in the big comfy chair.

Really? Partisan politics? Here???

"deny ignorance", indeed!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood
Yes let me go vote Democrat so that we can give women free condoms.

Are you saying that safe sex is a bad idea? Hmm...

Let me vote Democrat so that big Government can become even more nanny state than it already is.

You haven't seen a nanny state in your life, have you? US a nanny state? Whoa, this just blows my mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

There was no surplus. This is another MSM/DNC lie based on fudged numbers. You and the other liars are able to continue this revision of history, because you control the media. Congratulations.

www.craigsteiner.us...
finance.townhall.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wow - OP - you are passive aggressive. All you're doing is being a hypocrite. You're also sucked into the false left/right paradigm.

How about instead of starting a flame war, that you instead just post the speech and comment on it since you're the first to do so.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

This is according to the CBO and their approved formula for calculating debt and deficit/surpluses. The sites you link to are known for using a completely different formula that has to stretch the boundaries of accepted accounting practices within government.

I invite you to look at some better sites before you make a decision on this issue. You may be surprised at what you find.
edit on 7-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join