It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on the verge of severe financial crisis: intelligence report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well this is to be expected. Economic sanctions in conjuction with a government that treats it's people like animals, is bound to create this kind of situation eventually.

Source

Excerpts of the report, posted this week on several Iranian websites, revealed that the government might not be able to pay the full salaries of its employees in the coming three months, which threatens the eruption of massive popular protests across the country.

Large portions of the population might suffer from starvation, the report said, adding that riots are expected to take place in border cities where living conditions are rapidly deteriorating.

According to the report, Iran’s reserve of foreign currency might run out within the coming six month owing to extreme budget deficiency.

It will be interesting to see if any of Iran's allies actually move to 'bail them out' so to speak. We've seen plenty of that in Europe and the US, but not so much in the middle east from what I can gather.

China, or perhaps Russia to the rescue? Or will other countries close by such as Pakistan or Turkey step in? Very unlikely for those ones to show up though, considering what kind of condemnation that would bring in the international community.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Economic sanctions in conjuction with a government that treats it's people like animals, is bound to create this kind of situation eventually.

The American government? or the Iranian Government?
edit on 6-9-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not unexpected, but this makes a good mark to note because hence forth the situation may get more tense as the result of this economic crisis.

I am not sure what to expect, but i still remain skeptical that Iran will capitulate to the global communities demand to once again open itself up to inspectors.

I wish no harm comes to anyone, especially driving already fragile economy further along to starvation.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

If push comes to shove they will have closed door meetings with washington or the UN.
They will get a sweetheart deal.
And it will be business as usual.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by MDDoxs

If push comes to shove they will have closed door meetings with washington or the UN.
They will get a sweetheart deal.
And it will be business as usual.

This is the problem.

If the UN and the US make a sweet heart deal, how does Israel react? That would no doubt negatively effect US-Israel relations.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As a person with an Iranian brother in-law, and who is in contact with his father on a regular basis, and as a person who works directly under an Iranian engineer all of the Bahá'í faith, a faith not recognized by the ruling majority. Who lived pretty OK over there not like animals at all. I find your comments of people being treated like animals, very uniformed especially since you see what goes on in the United States of Amerika, and our wonderful country Canada.

I also find it odd that you paint a country, that is facing unjust economic sanctions based on here say and the will of the Isreali government, as the one who is in the wrong, usually I am for most of what you post but it seems as if you have become convinced that they are the boogie man as well and too be feared.

We all know that if Iran threw a stone at a neighbor with a sling shot they would be eliminated, yet the game continues the people suffer and all the while we punish them on the premise of lies, conjecture, and hear say. And it seems you support this, pretty sad in my opinion. But I guess the MSM can convince anyone with enough rhetoric.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So the gist of what I get is that we're causing economic turmoil via these sanctions, and that leads to political/social turmoil in due time...and they're not going to back down...so they're going to stand up and fight!

Basically the US has provoked Iran into starting a war they can't possibly win, just so we can rally our people up and say: you see, they punched first...

This is being done for whatever reasons are deemed necessary...let's throw out the usual here...geo-political strategic location...proxy war with China and Russia...suck out their resources....install private central bank...ya know, same ole, same ole...

is this about the jist of it?

if so, looks like we're preparing for war shortly after the november elections!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I believe that this will be the most decisive factor to the short-term Iranian policy.

How this crisis is played out will shape the short and medium-term resolutions made by the Iranian Government. If they choose to use it as a political flag, it could be portrayed as a reason to gain support from the people. Although it seems that iranians aren't as receptive to oppressive decisions like in the past, rage and anger are very powerful motivators.

I wonder if the iranians will blame their own government for this, or will side with them, pointing fingers at the West for their suffering.

Political debates aside, it was in fact the U.N. - influenced by the West - that decided and enforced this sanction policy on Iran, which makes the U.S. and it's allies directly responsible for any consequences the sanctions might have.

What will make the support balance shift is the decision of the iranians to blame or victimize their own government for the consequences of the sanctions.

They could become enraged with the government for being so stubborn and allowing sanctions to cause such a devastating effect on their daily life and economy.

But they could also see this as the usual pressure and wrong policy used by the Western powers to control the Middle East resources.

If the second hypothesis is correct, then Iran's aggression could become more evident. In that case, the decision to impose sanctions could backfire and cause even more damage. There are some common characteristics to the recent conflicts in the Middle East (and in Africa in the past), and in those you can include economical weakness, political isolation and a victimized/enraged population.

Iran leadership will most certainly state something like "don't blame us, blame the West for hurting our economy", the doubts here are around the possibility of the iranians believing or refusing those claims.

In my opinion, the Iranian government brought this on them-self's by not responding to the sanctions demands.
edit on 6-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: corrected text

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

As a person with an Iranian brother in-law, and who is in contact with his father on a regular basis, and as a person who works directly under an Iranian engineer all of the Bahá'í faith, a faith not recognized by the ruling majority. Who lived pretty OK over there not like animals at all. I find your comments of people being treated like animals, very uniformed especially since you see what goes on in the United States of Amerika, and our wonderful country Canada.

I have many friends who live in Iran. Many old as well as young folk that I speak with on a daily basis. They are the ones who think the theocratic regime of Iran is terrible and treats them like animals. I've been to Iran as well, I think that the government's treatment of people is ridiculous.

I also find it odd that you paint a country, that is facing unjust economic sanctions based on here say and the will of the Isreali government, as the one who is in the wrong, usually I am for most of what you post but it seems as if you have become convinced that they are the boogie man as well and too be feared.

Please point out where I stated that Iran was in the wrong. I think economic sanctions are an act of war and that both Israel, the US and other nations should really stay the hell out of Iranian affairs. All Middle Eastern affairs actually.

As you'll notice if you have read my posts I am quite pro-Iran. I am not however pro Iranian Government, as they are just as tyrannical as any other government that exists within the Middle East and other nations.

We all know that if Iran threw a stone at a neighbor with a sling shot they would be eliminated, yet the game continues the people suffer and all the while we punish them on the premise of lies, conjecture, and hear say. And it seems you support this, pretty sad in my opinion. But I guess the MSM can convince anyone with enough rhetoric.

Again, a quick look at my posting history will change your entire perspective on what I think regarding Iran. Some even call me a Islamic Muslim Apologist...

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

To me as a person very deeply affected by all that goes on over there, it seemed like more finger pointing for the sake of finger pointing. When anyone who digs deep enough understands that, the propoganda picture painted of Iran is of some country hell bent on destroying it's neighbors. And as crazy and assbackwards as the regime is from what I've been told by those who are very critical of the regime. Is in no uncertainty will they usher in there own destruction. Yes the illegal sanctions are making it hard on many I have close friends who are in Shiraz and food stocks are low they ration now. But don't fear their govenrment as much as they do the next round of rhetoric from the U.S and isreal that only aims to further punish there country, They are all aware as is the regime of the circle closing in on them from all sides. It's unsettling for all there I have talked to, but by no means are they treated like animals and understand that tough times are ahead.

Wasen't trying to take your words out of context, just so sick of seeing all this B.S of painting a country into a corner over percieved intentions. I for one hope there main objective is peaceful nuclear power for all, and nuclear isotopes to further research and the fight for a cure. I hope there economy flurishes and proves the Amerikan fiat way of life to be unsustainable. These are my hopes, too bad reality and hopes and dreams are always too different things.

No harm meant just an issue that I feel strongly about.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ofcourse its going the bad way for persia, right now, using thumbscrews on them.

...because, in order to seemingly justify the validity of present 'israel ',
an invented Enemy is required - in the form of present persia.

Im so sick of this obvious created boardgame.

Really.

- i have nothing with the muslimfaith that overtook persia
but i have a strange weakness for Persia

...especially the gorgious traits of the Persian type females

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the insightful comments!

I have a question for you...

If these sanctions continue on, and the people's food supplies dwindle...won't the people fight back? Won't they demand more from their government?

If so, it would seem one of two things would take place.

1. Uprising against the government.

2. Government starts a war to keep their people controlled

Are you with me so far?

In this case, it would seem the government would expect #1 to happen, so would default to #2 before it could play out.

Agreed?

Then my first post becomes realized. Iran strikes first, the UN fights back, and Iran doesn't come out of this the same as they were before.

Agreed?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
..."they " imported millions of Ukraines, since 48, to populate present 'israel '

who s ' they ' ?
look it up: ' edom, ammon and moab '
mentioned in Dan 11: 41

these 3 will bring down the West - here described as 'king of the north '- by TREASON
treason from inside
- that is why " they will escape " : because these 3 cáused it

so.....put a leader of edom in israel....a leader of moab in persia.... - and voila: enemy states are fabricated

Leave The People In Peace ! théy dont want war...?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No harm no foul

I understand why you would want to defend them. They are in need of that.

The people anyway.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And those are the only people I fear for, "the people" not the government at all. My brother in laws family the majority are still there and living as best they can for the time being. They are very dear in my heart I had his grandparents stay with me when they came to visit a few years back. Some of the nicest people I have ever met.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's funny, out of all the places I've travelled, Iran reminded me the most of Canada. The people I mean.

Persians and have a lot of same sensibilities when provided for properly by their governments.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

From my knowledge the Government of Iran is very prepared and has been stocking food stocks for some time now as part of emergency war measures in fact ATS had a post not too long ago stating the same thing. Those I have talked to although critical of there government understand the powerplay being played by the Isreali's and Amerikans. For which they are critical of all sides, and know that in no uncertain terms attack is imminent. This they fear daily and yes if conditions worsen the people will be angry, revolt from those I have talked to is hard to say if they would. Considering they see whats going on and agree it's not all there governments fault.

So i dunno how too really answer that, but I wouldn't put it past some of the less well off and more restricted areas...

Pretty sure if it's unprovoked though the regime will have the full support of the people thats just what I take fro the conversations I have had.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As usual the only people who suffer are the ordinary, everday folk.

As sanctions start to bite does anyone really think that the ruling Mullahs will be suffering the same deprivations as the Iranian people?
As these get worse what options remain for Iran?
Rise up against it's rulers resulting in widescale devestation and loss of life?
Support it's government as it is left with no other option but to strike back resulting in widescale devestation and loss of life?

It seems to me that even if the Iranian governement caves in then the only people who will suffer are the Iranian people who certainly don't deserve such treatment and hardship.

I have nothing but contempt for the Iranian government and rulers - it's repressive and all controlling teachings and laws etc are the very antithesis of everything I personally believe in - but it's not for us or anyone else to dictate our own beliefs on other's.

I understand these sanctions are as a direct result of Iran refusing to abide by the NFT which they signed up to and subsequent refusal to allow UN supported investigations and inspections by the IAEA.
But does anyone really think that Iran's nuclear programme will be in any way affected despite the impact of these sanctions upon the general Iranian population?

I do believe that Iran has every right to develop a modern nuclear energy programme.
I do believe that Iran can not be allowed to develop any sort of nuclear weapon programme.

I don't have the answers.
I don't know what the alternatives to sanctions are, if indeed there are any.
But I do know that no matter what the only people who will really suffer are ordinary Iranians and they most definately do not deserve that.

If these sanctions do bring about 'regime change' or compliance with the NFT etc then it will have been at a heavy cost to Irans population - do we have the right to do that?

new topics

top topics

join