It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Branch to open in Israel???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So it looks like the NYPD is opening up a branch in Israel for counter-terrorism type work. Not only are federal govts concerned with the effort of thwarting the terrorists but it seems that city police depts. , like the NYPD, are taking efforts into their own hands.

Even if they do dramatically overstate their counterterrorism record, it's no secret that the bigger-than-the-FBI NYPD has extensive counterterrorism operations. These operations often include spying outside NYPD jurisdiction, both nationally and abroad.

According to Al-Monitor, an online newspaper reporting on the Middle East, the NYPD has now officially opened a branch in Israel's Sharon District Police headquarters in Kfar Saba, with former Israeli and veteran NYPD detective, Charlie Ben-Naim. From Al-Monitor:

Ben-Naim was chosen for the mission of opening the NYPD branch in Israel. He is a veteran detective of the NYPD and a former Israeli who went to study in New York, married a local city resident and then joined the local police force. Among the things he has dealt with in the line of duty are the extradition of criminals, the transmitting of intelligence information and assistance in the location of missing persons, both in the United States and in Israel.

So far, Ben-Naim looks to be the sole officer stationed at the so-called branch, which has reportedly been organized in order to stay in close contact with Israeli police.

NYPD presence in foreign nations is nothing new. When planning to post more officers abroad, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said in 2010, "The NYPD has a great brand overseas. There's high expectations that come with these postings and we want to meet it, so that means a very careful selection process on our end."

So I ask you all, is this a good idea? Also, how does a police dept like the NYPD get the legal authority or latitude to do somethng like this? Could this be a future trend we will see, NYPD opening up offices all around the middle east??? I guess only time will tell.

Mods- I ran a search but didnt see any thread on this.

Edit- to add link

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 6-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The US has taken the term "policeman of the World" to a whole new level...

Get to work here you bums!!!

edit on 6-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
The US has taken the term "policeman of the World" to a whole new level...

Get to work here you bums!!!

edit on 6-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Agreed, when I initially read the story I had to take a second glance at the title... The NYPD in Israel doesnt make any sense to me... I guess this will solidify our ties with Israel which means when they strike Iran, we will be right there along side for the battle... ***sigh***

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Can you source this information please?

I would be very interested.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by jhn7537

Can you source this information please?

I would be very interested.

~Tenth

Sorry, I totally forgot to put in the link

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Would be wild if they were doing a 911 investigation off the records?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Would be wild if they were doing a 911 investigation off the records?

I have a strange feeling thats exactly what they're doing, to go along with the counter-terrorism for future attacks..

new topics

top topics

join