It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin says Russia could work with Romney if elected....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is interesting,

A article from the Globe and Mail quotes Putin throwing his support Romney even though Romney has declared Russia, Americas greatest political foe.

President Vladimir Putin says Russia can work with Mitt Romney if he’s elected U.S. president, even though Romney has called Russia the United States’ “No. 1 geopolitical foe.”

“We’ll work with whichever president is elected by the American people. But our effort will be only as efficient as our partners will want it to be,” Mr. Putin said./

Source

I find the whole situation quite interesting. Romney and Putin both have dollar signs in their eyes? or perhaps something more sinister is afoot.

Further, I was under the impression Romney may be like Reagan during the Iran hostage crisis and will take a more firm action against Syria regardless of the direct opposition from Russia

Thoughts?
edit on 6-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: Cant reference text for life of me...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just sounds like he's taking a standard political line in that he'll work with whoever wins and isn't going to side with either candidate just incase it could backfire should the other win and get shirty about the matter

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good.

Putin seems more reasonable than the 2 US candidates.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would love to know more details behind Putins rationale for supporting Romney.

From my viewpoint, Romney is the most likely of the two candidates who will persue further foreign involvement and take a harder line against opposition in the international community.

With this in mind i came to the conclusion that perhaps money is a more central issue, but when is money not a central issue

Politically speaking, Romney is more of an opposite to Putin the Obama is no?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Mobsters love working with each other.

Doesn't matter if they don't agree politically.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Good point, thus the monetary angle i proposed. Colusion is much easier to perpetrate in conjunction with another party. Especially if they share similar goals.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

A political foe is better than a military foe wouldn't you think?

Better talking and making deals than shooting at each other.
edit on 6-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Putin is a dictator. An "elected" dictator but a dictator just the same.

top topics

join