It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the "revolution"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
For years on here Ron Paul supporters promised that an revolution was coming, that Ron Paul was marching on the white house and no one would stop him! Fast forward to today and the movement has ended with Ron announcing his retirement from politics. All those bumper signs, his army of "veterans" and of course his loyal Internet cult has got him no nowhere. You claimed the nation was waking up! The votes show a different story, perhaps you have realised that outside of his hardcore fan base he has no support. Ron Paul will go down as nothing more than obscure candidate, a far cry from the hero people built him up to be.

To every Paul fan out there, what happened to to the revolution? Obama who on here is accused to be a tyrant appears to be popular amongst the public..unlike Paul. Funny,that.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Oh, you again, spouting off as usual.

In case you weren't paying attention, most of us were quite clear that this wasn't just about Paul or securing the White House, and that it isn't a short-term thing. And apparently you didn't notice the fact that liberty candidates (i.e. Paul supporters) were quite successful at getting elected to office around the country, taking over multiple states' republican parties, and having various planks added and some other changes made to the RNC platform.

The r3VOLution continues, as will our work to bring the GOP back to its roots and getting more people to realize the issues we face and work to resolve them - you can go back under your bridge now.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Youre just one of those people that likes to start an argument, arent you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So do you support one of the candidates who clearly has a better plan for the people of America?

I can see why someone would not support Paul, but to actively oppose him instead of one of the even more worthless candidates seems agenda based.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh gosh...still have your panties in a wad
That's what you get for thinking too small, and wearing them too small...

Des

edit on 6-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Winston Churchill famously said that 'a country gets the leaders they deserve'. Therein lies your answer. Just read the abundant political threads here on ATS. It's all rabid R v. D ranting. Apparently no one learned anything from the last 10yrs. The vast majority of people do absolutely NO research or investigation on their own. They just regurgitate what they hear. TPTB know this. They count on it. They know that by repeating something frequently it will become accepted as fact. Crowd psychology 101.

In general, people want to believe that there are simple answers to big issues. They want to believe that 'someone else' has those answers and will work to 'make things better'. To believe anything else is psychologically painful. By virtue of a concerted effort on the part of TPTB people are focused on their own personal struggles and simply 'hope for the best'. Some cave and give-in to the 'lesser of two evils' (as if that can possibly be determined). But most, as evident by the tripe posted here on ATS, are simply deluded.

Obama isn't going to fix things. Nor is Romney. They can't and frankly their benefactors have no interest in 'fixing things'. The rate of wealth accretion to the top 1% has been increasing at an unprecedented rate since the collapse of the economy. Even both major candidates have said that 'big businesses are doing fine'. People are too personally fixated, too distracted and too jaded to understand the significance of this.

This pattern has happened repeatedly over the course of history. And it always ends badly --- mostly for us 'regualr' folks. It's immensely difficult maintaining momentum and dedication when you are forced to swim upstream against forces bent on your destruction. Look at the bald-faced fraud perpetrated by the RNC to strip Ron Paul (and all future challengers to the establishment) of any possibility of a 'fair' election process. Look at the irregularities in the primary voting. When the rules are being changed on-the-fly to thwart your efforts it makes it all but impossible to stage a political revolution. Look around the world over the last 12mos. Look what has happened to other politically oppressed peoples and what their eventual response has been.

No doubt coming to a country near you soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Dude, you can cheer on any hope that the man had to get in this time, to the bitter end, and still be in this for the long haul. Frankly, we had some Rhinos to wrangle this election, that work behind the scenes, playing puppeteer over individual state's caucuses. I should know, since I still want to strangle the Rhino that got in my face yelling about me being "a liar, as are all Ron Paul supporters" and using crazy intimidation tactics, all because he was loosing control of our district. That man picked the wrong little girl to intimidate.

1. Why does your view of us have to be so flat? Even if we did come across that way, it still doesn't mean we're not more complicated than what we were cheering on.

2. It's over, unless there's a massive write-in (possible, not likely). So, this sounds like "sore winner" mentality. Really mature, let me tell you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's gone too far for a revolution of that sort, we can't even revolt in smalls groups as we would just be labeled terrorists. The only revolution that can happen now is within.

Be the change you want to see, don't wait for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just patiently waiting on succession now at this point.

That's all we can do; which state is going to have the balls to do it first...that's the million dollar question.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The liberty revolution is not over. It was never about one man but has always been about each us all as individuals. More have joined us but there still appears to be many who prefer an authoritarian oppression to grow and wish us all to conform to that mindset. There will never be a one-size-fits-all way to live nor one type of society that benefits everyone.

The revolution continues in the heart, mind, soul, and body of every individual who desires to live their lives in the manner of their own choosing. For others self-ownership is perhaps too much a responsibility for them to face and I could only suggest and recommend to them they "grow up" and face their lives as adults who accept life's responsibilies.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Due to your avatar and you knowing how the majority people at ATS feel about Ron Paul.

Seriously If the mods ever handed out a ban for specific trolling you would be #1.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Just patiently waiting on succession now at this point.

That's all we can do; which state is going to have the balls to do it first...that's the million dollar question.

I whole-heartedly recommend secession. All the cool kids are doing it. Especially those who are disenfranchised by the political groups they literally allow to exist.

I think the first states to do it should be the ones who have been told they don't exist in the National political discussion. You know who you are. Organize! Divide the union! Then reorganize into a new union, and carefully evaluate any states who wish to join. Then carefully control how politics is allowed to work.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Oh, you mean like Louisiana? We're the "as long as you stay away from us and our oil, we don't care" state. Way too laid back and drunk to be the first to leave.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Obama who on here is accused to be a tyrant appears to be popular amongst the public..unlike Paul. Funny,that.

I suppose I should address this as well.

Obama, who got all sorts of media pimping in the '08 election cycle (and continues to, from liberal outlets), as compared to Paul - who was effectively buried by the media (as confirmed by independent sources such as Pew Research, some analysis by Jerry Day, and others) despite actual - and record-breaking, including the first presidential blimp, all-time fundraising record, alt. convention, etc. - grassroots support as compared to all other candidates aside from Obama, aside from establishment-sourced negative and misrepresentative reporting?

How are Obama's rallies and speeches looking this time around, anyway? I seem to remember - for both him AND Romney - half-empty forums, "hundreds" attending, and so forth. Paul? I believe I recall oodles of sold-out venues, numbers approaching (if not exceeding) ten thousand - regularly in the multiple thousands, at least - and no significant challenge for Obama from the Democratic party.

Don't deceive yourself into thinking you're performing a fair apples-to-apples comparison here. There is no equality in playing fields for Obama and Paul - the former effectively born politically with the silver spoon in his mouth, the latter being the red-headed stepchild of the media and his own party.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Due to your avatar and you knowing how the majority people at ATS feel about Ron Paul.

Seriously If the mods ever handed out a ban for specific trolling you would be #1.

How am I trolling? I'm asking what happened to the promised Revoloution which would have brought a new president to America..if you can't handle talking about Pauls failure then leave.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
In case you haven't heard Paul has passed the torch. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Gary Johnson. Let me be the first to introduce him to you. You'd better get busy because I think your avatar is outdated. Liberty never dies. LIVE FREE

edit on 6-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

Hm. I like most of what I've heard of Gary so far - he's got a great track record - but I'm still at odds with some of his policies and personal views. He appears to be more of a classical libertarian, as compared to old right/paleoconservative like Paul (and myself, for the most part).

Given what my options look like here in OK come November, I might end up pulling the handle for Gary. Need to do a bit more research on him before I can get that comfortable, though.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Youre just one of those people that likes to start an argument, arent you.

I'm asking a simple question, which you seem to find offense to.

new topics

top topics

join