It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans blowing up Grindr?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Came across this little nugget today. I was just wondering if any Republicans care to comment on it?

Grindr App Blew Up During Republican Convention In Tampa

By the way, in case you don't know what Grindr is it's a social media app that helps you find gay, bi, or curious guys in your area for free. Lol
edit on 01/07/2012 by txjab512 because: More info about the story

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by txjab512

Log Cabin Republicans?

Log Cabin Republicans

I see nothing wrong with it, actually. Many People are gay, and I have a few gay friends, that claim Republican.

edit on 6-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

"Grindr, the friend-finding phone application that has become a popular destination for gay men looking to meet up, experienced a surge in traffic in the Tampa area during the Republican National Convention this week...".* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

LOL. Well, another report shows how the strip club business also booms more for the RNC conventions than the DNC ones. Almost a 2 to 1 ratio.

Republican National Convention - Stripper Business BOOMING in Tampa

The Road to the Republican Convention Is Always Lined with Strip Clubs

Also, in a parallel coincidence to Grindr, "sugardaddy.com" also got an RNC boost:

Sugar Daddy RNC? SeekingArrangement.com Claims Traffic Boost From Republican Convention

SeekingArrangement.com specializes in setting up rich, predominantly male clients (Sugar Daddies) with young, attractive men and women (Sugar Babies) for "companionship" -- the kind that includes lots of financial perks. According to Politico, the site claims to have seen a 25.9 percent increase in traffic coming from the Tampa area during the convention, despite the fact that their overall Florida traffic fell by 2.2 percent.

ETA: will have to wait a week to see the comparisons from the DNC convo.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'd say more like hypocrites. I'm not a Republican or Democrat because I refuse to be duped by the two party system everyone is so enamored with. But I find it hilarious when these scum bags are called out on their moronic rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well I guess the mighty GOP isn't so wholesome and holy after all. But the sheep that follow will never understand their hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by txjab512
reply to post by sonnny1

I'd say more like hypocrites. I'm not a Republican or Democrat because I refuse to be duped by the two party system everyone is so enamored with. But I find it hilarious when these scum bags are called out on their moronic rhetoric.

Im an Independent.

What rhetoric are you talking about? Being Gay, and or Republican?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I see nothing wrong at all either. Oh, except for the fact that the GOP is totally full of it! They try and try and try to dictate to the American population, and the rest of the world for that matter, what is and isn't acceptable in our society. How can a thinking, rational person buy into their garbage? That last statement goes for the Dems also.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well I guess the mighty GOP isn't so wholesome and holy after all. But the sheep that follow will never understand their hypocrisy.

hmmm.

You do know gay people believe in God also, they even worship God too. Both Parties are bad, but just because some gay people are Republicans, doesn't mean they are above thou, or claiming it. Just because you vote Republican, doesn't mean you are bound to some higher station, in their ranks. Doesn't mean you have to believe EVERYTHING the majority of the GOP believes in either.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Gay marriage for one. You never hear about the LOG Cabin Republicans. I'm sure the only reason they are even tolerated is for the votes.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Gay marriage for one. You never hear about the LOG Cabin Republicans. I'm sure the only reason they are even tolerated is for the votes.

hmmmm.....

My involvement in this case has generated a certain degree of consternation among conservatives. How could a politically active, lifelong Republican, a veteran of the Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush administrations, challenge the "traditional" definition of marriage and press for an "activist" interpretation of the Constitution to create another "new" constitutional right?

Many of my fellow conservatives have an almost knee-jerk hostility toward gay marriage. This does not make sense, because same-sex unions promote the values conservatives prize. Marriage is one of the basic building blocks of our neighborhoods and our nation. At its best, it is a stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership. We encourage couples to marry because the commitments they make to one another provide benefits not only to themselves but also to their families and communities. Marriage requires thinking beyond one's own needs. It transforms two individuals into a union based on shared aspirations, and in doing so establishes a formal investment in the well-being of society. The fact that individuals who happen to be gay want to share in this vital social institution is evidence that conservative ideals enjoy widespread acceptance. Conservatives should celebrate this, rather than lament it.

The Conservative Case for Gay Marriage

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Ummm...of course I know that there are gay Republicans. But how could a person support a party that doesn't allow them the freedoms of everyone else. Will the Log Cabin Republicans vote for Obuma in this years POTUS election?

edit on 01/07/2012 by txjab512 because: Forgot a word

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Ummm...of course I know that there are gay Republicans. But how could a person support a party that doesn't allow them the freedoms of everyone else. Will the Log Cabin Republicans vote for Obuma in this years POTUS?

WASHINGTON — Congressional Democrats who don’t agree with President Barack Obama’s endorsement of same-sex marriage now find themselves in an awkward spot. Sens. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Jon Tester of Montana are among Democrats facing questions about their stand on the issue and whether they are swayed by the president’s support, which he announced Wednesday. McCaskill, Manchin and Tester are seeking re-election this year in Republican-leaning states. None back gay marriage. “If they’re smart, they won’t change what they’ve been saying,” said John Pitney, a political scientist at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, Calif.

Congressional Democrats split with Obama on gay marriage

Dont know why you think, the Republicans are the only ones in Congress, opposed to Gay marriage.

About the Log Cabin Republicans?

Don't know.Im not gay, or a Republican.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't think Republicans are the only ones against same sex marriage. I just asked if any REPUBLICANS would care to comment on the story. Is my question that difficult to understand?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I don't think Republicans are the only ones against same sex marriage. I just asked if any REPUBLICANS would care to comment on the story. Is my question that difficult to understand?

Why demonize ONLY Republicans?

That is the gist of this thread, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I didn't realize I needed to be equally demonizing to both parties. Is that one of the ATS rules regarding starting a new thread? I don't subscribe to either party. Our system is crap. You sure you aren't a Republican? Lol

edit on 01/07/2012 by txjab512 because: missing word

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I didn't realize I needed to be equally demonizing to both parties. Is that one of the ATS rules regarding starting a new thread? I don't subscribe to either party. Our system is crap. You sure you aren't a Republican?

Nope.

ATS also has a diversity of people, and ANYONE can jump into ANY thread they desire to. I hope some Republicans will come along, so you can have your "way" with them.

Demonizing a Party affiliation, because they frequent Grindr, for the sake of lambasting the GOP is disingenuous. They are people, who have needs, just like Democrats. No harm there, unless you have something against Homosexuals, or want to exploit them, for some cause. Just MHO.

Have fun, Im out.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Did you even watch the video? Though there may be gay Republicans I think it's safe to say that the majority of the party is in agreement about same sex marriage and being gay. That's why the jump in Grindr use during the convention was IRONICALLY HYPOCRITICAL. That's all. Sheesh! Didn't mean to offend or be such a meany. Well, that's not entirely true so I guess I am disingenuous. Lol And with that I am off to bed. Fishing in the a.m.! Whoohoo!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by txjab512

Log Cabin Republicans?

Log Cabin Republicans

I see nothing wrong with it, actually. Many People are gay, and I have a few gay friends, that claim Republican.

I agree completely. Someone else being gay has never been an issue to me either way. Anyone pushing their beliefs on me by force from essentially ANY direction is something I'm offended by, personally.

If there are coming to be more gays in the formal right, more power to them. I'd be the first to agree that the extreme of the right could use a little balance to some of the worst, After Akin, a few examples have been highlighted and do show some ignorance at a level I hadn't appreciated. Term Limits.... So many reasons for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
haha i think its funny, its either that there are alot of gay people in the one area or people are curious about which one of their fellow peers are "secretly" gay so they log on to grindr to spy on their fellow mate.

I remember the same thing happened at the London 2012 Olympics

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is funny, that's all I have to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join