It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Programs Only Cost Us $5 Billion a Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
$5 Billion a year is not bad to kill a planet and it's inhabitants...

The cost of a massive program to spray sun-dimming particles into the upper atmosphere in the name of halting global warming, a process some contend is already underway via chemtrails, has been put at just below $5 billion dollars a year.

U.S. scientists writing in the journal Environmental Research Letters concluded that “Planes or airships could carry sun-dimming materials high into the atmosphere for an affordable price tag of below $5 billion a year as a way to slow climate change,” reports Reuters, a process characterized as “both feasible and affordable.”

The cost of using specially adapted aircraft able to operate at high altitudes as a delivery system to disperse sulphur particles was put at $1 to $2 billion a year. Using “giant guns or rockets” would be more expensive.

Co-author Professor Jay Apt of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh told Reuters that injecting the atmosphere with sulphur but then suddenly removing it from the eco-system could cause temperatures to jump, indicating that the program would have to be ongoing in perpetuity.

The study completely failed to analyze whether such a massive geoengineering program would be a good idea and what environmental consequences it would have.

The latest study follows a similar Carnegie Institution for Science proposal which also advocated spraying the upper atmosphere with aerosols, a process that would “reduce by 20 per cent the amount of sunlight that takes a direct route to the ground” and make blue skies “fade to hazy white,” the New Scientist reported.

Given the fact that most advancements in science and technology are already taking place years before they are disclosed to the public, it stands to reason that geoengineering programs based around spraying the upper atmosphere with particles are already underway, most notably in the form of chemtrails, contrails that linger in the sky for hours and form into artificial clouds.

Scientists now admit that vapor trails from airplanes are creating “artificial clouds” that block out the sun. This is no longer a matter of debate. The chemtrail “conspiracy theorists,” who were ridiculed for pointing out that from the mid-90′s onwards contrails from jet planes were lingering for hours and forming artificial clouds, have been proven correct.

Reading University’s Professor Keith Shine told the Daily Mail that the clouds “formed by aircraft fumes could linger ‘for hours’, depriving those areas under busy flight paths, such as London and the Home Counties, of summer sunshine.”

The report also makes reference to a 2009 Met Office study which found that high-level winds did not disperse contrails that later formed into clouds which covered an astonishing 20,000 miles.

As we have documented, geoengineering programs based around the premise of artificial aerosols were already in operation years ago, including at the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Savannah River National Laboratory in Aiken, S.C, which in 2009 began conducting studies which involved shooting huge amounts of particulate matter, in this case “porous-walled glass microspheres,” into the stratosphere.

Another program under the Department of Energy’s Atmospheric Science Program is directed towards, “developing comprehensive understanding of the atmospheric processes that control the transport, transformation, and fate of energy related trace chemicals and particulate matter.”

The DOE website states that, “The current focus of the program is aerosol radiative forcing of climate: aerosol formation and evolution and aerosol properties that affect direct and indirect influences on climate and climate change.”

These programs are already having the effect of blocking out sunlight. The emergence of the chemtrails phenomenon coincided with an average 22% drop in sunlight reaching the earth’s surface.

In 2008, a KSLA news investigation found that a substance that fell to earth from a high altitude chemtrail contained high levels of Barium (6.8 ppm) and Lead (8.2 ppm) as well as trace amounts of other chemicals including arsenic, chromium, cadmium, selenium and silver. Of these, all but one are metals, some are toxic while several are rarely or never found in nature.

The newscast focuses on Barium, which its research shows is a “hallmark of chemtrails.” KSLA found Barium levels in its samples at 6.8 ppm or “more than six times the toxic level set by the EPA.” The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality confirmed that the high levels of Barium were “very unusual,” but commented that “proving the source was a whole other matter” in its discussion with KSLA.

KSLA also asked Mark Ryan, Director of the Poison Control Center, about the effects of Barium on the human body. Ryan commented that “short term exposure can lead to anything from stomach to chest pains and that long term exposure causes blood pressure problems.” The Poison Control Center further reported that long-term exposure, as with any harmful substance, would contribute to weakening the immune system.

Spraying sulphur into the upper atmosphere is linked with both environmental catastrophes and human health problems.

The following health effects are linked with exposure to sulphur.
- Neurological effects and behavioral changes
- Disturbance of blood circulation - Heart damage
- Effects on eyes and eyesight - Reproductive failure
- Damage to immune systems - Stomach and gastrointestinal disorder
- Damage to liver and kidney functions - Hearing defects
- Disturbance of the hormonal metabolism
- Dermatological effects
- Suffocation and lung embolism

Even pro-geoengineering scientist Mark Watson, admits that injecting sulphur into the atmosphere could lead to “acid rain, ozone depletion or weather pattern disruption.”

Rutgers University meteorologist Alan Robock also, “created computer simulations indicating that sulfate clouds could potentially weaken the Asian and African summer monsoons, reducing rain that irrigates the food crops of billions of people.”

“Imagine if we triggered a drought and famine while trying to cool the planet,” Robock told a geoengineering conference in 2010.

The Canada-based Action Group on Erosion, Technology and Concentration (ETC) has called for such experiments to be shut down. “This experiment is only phase one of a much bigger plan that could have devastating consequences, including large changes in weather patterns such as deadly droughts,” the group said in a written statement.

Fred Singer, president of the Science Environmental Policy Project and a skeptic of man-made global warming theories, warns that the consequences of tinkering with the planet’s delicate eco-system could have far-reaching dangers.

“If you do this on a continuous basis, you would depress the ozone layer and cause all kinds of other problems that people would rather avoid,” said Singer.

Even Greenpeace’s chief UK scientist – a staunch advocate of the man-made global warming explanation – Doug Parr – has slammed attempts to geoengineer the planet as “outlandish” and “dangerous”.

www.infowars.com...

Links to sources can be found via the ex-link.

Thanks!
Gokill

edit on 6-9-2012 by GoKill because: blew 'inhabitants'

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thats great, but you still need to prove the use if "chem trails"....

That artical you referenced is a few disjointed quotes from people are attempting to "connect the dots"
edit on 6-9-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GoKill

Chemtrail Programs Only Cost Us $5 Billion a Year

Your title is misleading! "Future Climate Control Programs Might Cost $5 Billion a Year" would be much more accurate.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Did I see DailyMail as source there? This must be joke. Don't believe anything they say. Its in same class as Russia Today and The Sun.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GoKill

More lies and misrepresentations from a chemmie, what a surprise

For example, infowars comment on the cost study, as outed above

The study completely failed to analyze whether such a massive geoengineering program would be a good idea and what environmental consequences it would have.

So the study failed to do something that it wasn't even about, tut tut infowars. Despite the fact it wasn't about potential consequences, it was a COST study, the scientist that carried out the study had the following to say

Solar radiation management (SRM) looks to induce the effects similar to those observed after volcanic eruptions; however, the authors state that it is not a preferred strategy and that such a claim could only be made after the thorough investigation of the implications, risks and costs associated with these issues.

So its not NOT a preferred strategy, but infowars claims that this study advocates aerial spraying? But it doesn't fit with infowars agenda to report anything accurately, does it. AND there's nothing there about killing a planet and it's inhabitants.

www.iop.org...

edit on 6-9-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
AND there's nothing there about killing a planet and it's inhabitants.

That was a personal observation, am I not allowed to voice my personal opinion? hummm

It's just a piece that I thought was interesting so I shared it with like minded folks. Thus the reason it's in the GE forum. No one ever said you had to believe it or forced you to read it. If you don't agree, move along.. however I'm not going to fall for your feeble attempt to debate it.. It is what it is, get over it...

The simple fact that yall jump on these threads like a dog in heat is very suspicious...

This is the geo-engineering forum if you don't yet accept the fact that they are spraying the planet you can simply ignore us and go post in another forum. This forum is for those that do.... However as I stated above the fact that yall jump on these post like it's you job is very telling...

You don't see me in the political forum jumping on every thread stating that politics is not real and that voting is a myth. Despite the fact that I really believe that. It's just futile, and infantile.. Unless you have an agenda...

any questions?

Good Day,
Gokill

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoKill

This is the geo-engineering forum if you don't yet accept the fact that they are spraying the planet you can simply ignore us and go post in another forum. This forum is for those that do....

No it's not. It's for people who are interested in the topics of geoengineering and chemtrails.

What would be the point of a forum where everyone agreed? There would be nothing to talk about - you'd just devolve into sharing and starring the same old YouTube links over and over, like the Facebook chemtrail groups.

The nice thing about ATS is that varied opinions are both allowed and appreciated.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That was a personal observation, am I not allowed to voice my personal opinion? hummm

It's just a piece that I thought was interesting so I shared it with like minded folks. Thus the reason it's in the GE forum. No one ever said you had to believe it or forced you to read it. If you don't agree, move along.. however I'm not going to fall for your feeble attempt to debate it.. It is what it is, get over it...

The simple fact that yall jump on these threads like a dog in heat is very suspicious...

This is the geo-engineering forum if you don't yet accept the fact that they are spraying the planet you can simply ignore us and go post in another forum. This forum is for those that do.... However as I stated above the fact that yall jump on these post like it's you job is very telling...

You don't see me in the political forum jumping on every thread stating that politics is not real and that voting is a myth. Despite the fact that I really believe that. It's just futile, and infantile.. Unless you have an agenda...

any questions?

Good Day,
Gokill

You dont quite seem to have an understanding about what the GE forum is really for. Before you scold people for disagreeing with you, maybe you should actually think about what the purpose of ATS is. Then get back to us on it.

The article you referenced has a lot to do with a cost analysis of what something might cost, should it be taken up as a project. Are you at all familiar with what these are?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

any questions?

Good Day,
Gokill

"The simple fact that yall jump on these threads like a dog in heat is very suspicious..."
Could I give you an example, lets say your a male of the human species, you know your a male simply because you are you, you know yourself better than anyone else would. Now someone starts screaming to the crowd that your not male your actually female. Now with your expertise on your own body would you not want to correct the statement. There are many on this site qualified in aircraft tech, meteorology and also qualified pilots
which when hearing/reading such ridiculous claims feel obligated to correct them just as you would with one accusing you a male of being female and if you would stay quiet some others that know your a male will start to wonder why your allowing the deception to proceed.

If chemtrails and their believers would get their story straight like the definition of what a chemtrail is and stop changing it from cloud seeding to crop dusting to Geo-engineering to actual passenger planes leaving consistent contrails to military or unmarked planes leaving streaks in the sky, then maybe they could be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoKill

In 2006 or so there was an interesting story about an alleged land purchase of some 100,000 acres in northern Paraguay by the then President Bush. This land is in the tropics. There was a lot of speculation on why Bush was buying this land and it mostly centered around nearby military bases, 52 inches of annual rainfall, nearby oil and gas reserves etc.

Bush's Paraguay Land Grab

The path of sulphur injected into the stratosphere by volcanoes has been studied and some interesting points have been marked relating to the injection point by latitude.

Tropical volcanoes have the biggest climate impact

You'll notice from the list of eruptions above that all of these climate-cooling events were from volcanoes in the tropics. Above the tropics, the stratosphere's circulation features rising air, which pulls the sulfur-containing volcanic aerosols high into the stratosphere. Upper-level winds in the stratosphere tend to flow from the Equator to the poles, so sulfur aerosols from equatorial eruptions get spread out over both hemispheres. These aerosol particles take a year or two to settle back down to earth, since there is no rain in the stratosphere to help remove them. However, if a major volcanic eruption occurs in the mid-latitudes or polar regions, the circulation of the stratosphere in those regions generally features pole-ward-flowing, sinking air, and the volcanic aerosol particles are not able to penetrate high in the stratosphere or get spread out around the entire globe.

That land purchase makes a lot more sense when stacked up against how sulphur travels over the globe depending on which latitude is used as a stratospheric injection point. 2006 or thereabouts is the date I would fix or look at for the actual beginning of geoengineering stratospheric sulphur releases. And the then President Bush would be one of the people who knew.

So if the sulphur is injected in mid-latitudes, global dimming will occur along with eventual acid rain and drought and melting ice at the poles. The tropics should be ok.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
That land purchase makes a lot more sense when stacked up against how sulphur travels over the globe depending on which latitude is used as a stratospheric injection point.

Not really. Paraguay is about as far south as you can go and still be in the tropics. You want to be on the equator, about 1,500 miles north of there.

Anyway recent low level background increases in stratospheric aerosols started years before that purchase, and have recently been in decline.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GoKill

You are not going to get anywhere with these people. I've been watching this site since 2005, and the same people show up immediately if there is a post about "chemtrails" to badger and belittle anyone who has a differing opinion than themselves. Like you said, If I have a differing opinion on a subject, I don't troll relentlessly trying to change that person's point of view. It is as if they are payed per post, because they are at it day in, day out and show up in groups. I don't like the term "chemtrails", but I have noticed planes flying in grid patterns, leaving thick, persistent "clouds" that spread out and turn the sky from blue to a hazy white. This was most prevalent between 2007 and last year. This year has been a bit different, I haven't seen this occur hardly at all. Did they run out of money? When I go fishing, I have time to watch the transformation over a period of a couple hours. There is definitely something going on, and I believe it has something to to with limiting sunlight or solar radiation. Maybe this is absolutely necessary for our survival, but I think the public should at least be informed of what is going on. Anyone that tries to tell me what I have seen with my own eyes is normal air traffic can go fly a kite.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

You and your websites: metabunk and contrailscience, are just a wealth of disinformation. This phenomenon, however, seems to be ATS-centric. More specifically: one MOD on ATS-centric. (Watching you both.)

Asia pollution blamed for halt in warming: study

(Reuters) - Smoke belching from Asia's rapidly growing economies is largely responsible for a halt in global warming in the decade after 1998 because of sulphur's cooling effect, even though greenhouse gas emissions soared, a U.S. study said on Monday.

This story, from the mid-2011's, preceded the ones from this year claiming that extra sulphur in the atmosphere was from 'smaller volcanoes' and, variously, from 'jet fuel.'

World temperatures did not rise from 1998 to 2008, while manmade emissions of carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuel grew by nearly a third, various data show.

The researchers from Boston and Harvard Universities and Finland's University of Turku said pollution, and specifically sulphur emissions, from coal-fueled growth in Asia was responsible for the cooling effect. Sulphur allows water drops or aerosols to form, creating hazy clouds which reflect sunlight back into space.

If we're rounding up the usual suspects for excess sulphur found in the atmosphere, let's include clandestine geoengineering to 'save us.' The glaring ommission of this possibility screams for attention. The government's m.o. in the past has been do it first and check the safety and law later.

p.s.: if you're saying that northern Paraguay, an elite haven from geoengineering atmospheric chemical injections, is not in the tropics - you're wrong. Please be clear even though it's hard.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by GoKill

You are not going to get anywhere with these people. I've been watching this site since 2005, and the same people show up immediately if there is a post about "chemtrails" to badger and belittle anyone who has a differing opinion than themselves. Like you said, If I have a differing opinion on a subject, I don't troll relentlessly trying to change that person's point of view. It is as if they are payed per post, because they are at it day in, day out and show up in groups. I don't like the term "chemtrails", but I have noticed planes flying in grid patterns, leaving thick, persistent "clouds" that spread out and turn the sky from blue to a hazy white. This was most prevalent between 2007 and last year. This year has been a bit different, I haven't seen this occur hardly at all. Did they run out of money? When I go fishing, I have time to watch the transformation over a period of a couple hours. There is definitely something going on, and I believe it has something to to with limiting sunlight or solar radiation. Maybe this is absolutely necessary for our survival, but I think the public should at least be informed of what is going on. Anyone that tries to tell me what I have seen with my own eyes is normal air traffic can go fly a kite.

Dont think anyone is really going to argue against you seeing while lines in the sky. What will be argued is your interpretation of what those lines are. There's a big difference.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

"The simple fact that yall jump on these threads like a dog in heat is very suspicious..."
Could I give you an example, lets say your a male of the human species, you know your a male simply because you are you, you know yourself better than anyone else would. Now someone starts screaming to the crowd that your not male your actually female. Now with your expertise on your own body would you not want to correct the statement.

Do male kangaroos have pouches,
like female kangaroos,
and are the pouches used to shield,
the babies from chemtrails,
or are contrails harmless,
and kangaroos therefor have no need for pouches?
I want to understand,
but some of you downunder speak in terms we don't understand.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

What do you agree with in regards to geoengineering and chemtrails?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Meteorologists,
Do you know how many times they have told me it was going to rain, or not rain?
From experience I know if they say rain,
it won't, 9 times out of 10.
And if they say it won't rain, it does.
So if a Meteorologist, tells me its a contrail, not a chemtrail,
I am to take his word for it, 100 percent of the time?
When any other prediction he gives,
is only a forecast/percentage of chance.
But when it comes to Contrails he is right 100%
right all of the time?
And all ground observation of his claims are false in regards to clouds we see in the air?
I want to understand.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GoKill

Good job once again

Alex Jones, Prison Planet & Info Wars are awesome. Anyone knocking AJ's work is just afraid of the truth and/or trying to direct us away from the truth

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My local Meteorologist has admitted on the air,
that with the current amount of aerosols/pollution in the atmosphere,
he has a harder time predicting rainfall due to condensation on aerosols/pollution to form rain drops.
But at the same time he claims contrails/aerosols/pollution is harmless.
I just want to understand all the mixed messages by Meteorologists, at this time.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We have thousands of reports from pilots that they have seen Unidentified Flying Objects.
They will never take a stance on the Unidentified Flying Object that they have seen.
But we are to take it as gospel they know every kind of cloud they fly through and create.
I just want to understand, there is no such thing, as an Unidentified Cloud?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join