It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden on Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What can we treat with respect if we destroy the one real thing that contains all of the material we are made of and is one of the only reasons we are here. As of now we can't exist without it yet we continue to savage it as if it's unnecessary. We raise our manufactured values above our true lifeline...business and the bottom line means more than the earth's lousy rivers. I'm told that I shouldn't eat more than 3 fish a year out of a river near my home because the river has too much pollution in it and I could become ill or die if I do. This applies to many rivers around the world.

They tried to warn us this would happen...they tried to give us a heads up. Did we listen? No...because the message has been perverted. We've seperated from nature, we've seperated from ourself and our mother(if it weren't for Earth we wouldn't be here). We've exiled ourselves from the Garden of Eden because we failed to recognize the story was referring to Earth and fortelling the future rather than referring to the past and our beginnings. We were in Eden, now we've not only eaten the forbidden fruit we've raided the entire garden, burned it down and given it the finger. Our father(the Sun - we wouldn't be here without it either) will clean things up.

It doesn't matter if you believe in global warming or not. The planet takes care of you and you can't exist without it. We are making a negative impact in so many ways outside of carbon and global warming. It defies logic to ignore it and continue to ravage it...it goes against the very survival of our species.

Remember this is a rant...if I were trying to make a prominent point I would have posted it elsewhere. However, since this thread deals with treating the Earth with respect...I expect plenty of flame directed at me since the topic has been effectively negated and assigned to a certain group of people. Flame on...I just want to be able to eat fish out of a natural river :p

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I will not star or flag such a terribly constructed thread.

I applaud your effort.

But your delivery really needs some work...

RANT ON MY MAN
edit on 6-9-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF

I applaud your effort.

RANT ON MY MAN

I was just letting steam off, I gave a disclaimer at the bottom of the OP regarding the lack of construction.

Don't worry "MY MAN" I'll make sure to write my next rant as well as my PHD thesis since rants should be calm and collected pieces of writing worthy of a Pulitzer Prize. Rants are not someone slamming a keyboard with their frustrations(sarcasm)

Thanks for the input "MY MAN".

FYI ...Forum Description - Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

I applaud your effort.

RANT ON MY MAN

I was just letting steam off, I gave a disclaimer at the bottom of the OP regarding the lack of construction.

Don't worry "MY MAN" I'll make sure to write my next rant as well as my PHD thesis since rants should be calm and collected pieces of writing worthy of a Pulitzer Prize. Rants are not someone slamming a keyboard with their frustrations(sarcasm)

Thanks for the input bud.

FYI ...Forum Description - Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself.

Defensive much?

I did not say you could not post such a thread.

I simply said your thread sucked.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I applaud your effort.

RANT ON MY MAN

Defensive much?

Not defensive "MY MAN" ... I just think you're a little slow but that's okay young grasshopper.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I applaud your effort.

RANT ON MY MAN

Defensive much?

Not defensive "MY MAN" ... I just think you're a little slow but that's okay young grasshopper.

What do you have a "PHD" in because I am guessing it is not psychology...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Good post. I saw the religious undertones, but recognized the metaphorical applications. I agree with you completely.

Unfortunately, mankind has never taken well to being told it's wrong. Good luck with it, anyway.

s&f

Edit: I'd like to add that when, in the story, Adam and Eve partook of the fruit, they didn't steal knowledge...they stole the ability to judge. Knowledge of good and evil means labeling things as good and bad. We took it upon ourselves to judge one another. Never a good thing.
edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Epirus

Good post. I saw the religious undertones, but recognized the metaphorical applications. I agree with you completely.

Unfortunately, mankind has never taken well to being told it's wrong. Good luck with it, anyway.

s&f

Edit: I'd like to add that when, in the story, Adam and Eve partook of the fruit, they didn't steal knowledge...they stole the ability to judge. Knowledge of good and evil means labeling things as good and bad. We took it upon ourselves to judge one another. Never a good thing.
edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your input! I agree.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some people are forgetting their manners....

Please remember that this is ATS, not the comments section of youtube.

Civility and decorum are required

new topics

top topics

join