It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Force Homeless families into Charlotte Streets.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Yeah I saw it and that isn't private property rights. That's limited property rights.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The only problem I have with the bad credit or needing first last and security deposit is that it is possible to find a place when these things may be against you. I am a disabled veteran living on a very small and fixed income and I was able to find a place and the landlord waved all of that for me. I even got the first two months rent for free for doing work on the house. I know it's hard but it is possible I had to look hard to find this one. Maybe I just got lucky but I know many others who are in similar positions that have had success as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Payin 200 a week for rent is not nearly homeless. i pay almost half that for a house, with a month to month lease. Wtf? I live in a damn nice neighborhood too....just not a great house...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

You're fairly lucky. We pay 1400 each month for rent, which I share with family, AND it would technically take 3 low wage incomes to support, not 2, like we have, and huge utlities though its not that cold in the winter. Its a very old house too. We got 2 cats to deal with vermin the land lord wouldn't. But of course 7 people in the house who eat healhty, spend more like 1400/month food and vitamins. And we only eat chicken and snack for supper half the time, ie, sandwiches, or cereal. We do not provide 3 square meals a day.

Here motels by the month are about that cost if they're run down, the nicer units are more like 1000 a month in off seasons.

My friend from Hungary who worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken just under the hours needed, for good benefits, was living in a townhouse for 700 a month, now that is more like 1000 a month itself, and didn't have enough for food, finally had to accept social services to be topped up, now she worked nearly full time. I was giving her children peanut butter and jam sandwhiches because her daughter was eating flour and sugar until she returned, hoping she could steal the stuff they legally have to throw out at the end of the day.

Also, there is a lot of prejudice against 3 kids, or more. Imagine so many complaints on kids who weren't little computer nerds and skate boarded or played outside, barefoot in the summer (we always are), so that she ended up so upset she rented the two bedroom kitchensuite and crammed into the hotel room.

Too many kids for the strata councils of a townhouse and their snotty attitudes but not too many for a tiny motel room that ended up costing the same.

Good system eh!

Working poor or non working poor all treated like crap by the system.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I stayed at a hotel that had changed their prices due to a rally coming into town...I went from paying 75.00 to 150.00.

If anyone thinks that raising the cost of a room...gouging people is acceptable..WOW!!!! I've noticed since 2002-- I disagree w/ soooo many things the American greedy public does and then hide behind a bunch of excuses for doing so!! And then the bullying starts!!

When a tragedy hits a region watch gas prices go up....the oil companies start gouging us...( oil companies breaking profit records) off the backs of people's tragedy? That's ok to some of you people??? Really????

This is pure greed and again...to those that think it's ok...WOW!!!! I want companies to treat people fairly....I don't see anything fair with these companies!!! Especially if you can go broke and then turn around and ask the people you gouge to bail your ass out. Things aren't on a fair and balanced playing field! Disgusting!!!!!

As far as dem repub is concerned....geeezzzzzz stop letting people divide us!!!

I am definetly not a today's American...most of you disgust me!!!

edit on 6-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

While i dont agree that price gouging is ok, i dont have much sympathy either. If you cant afford the area then move. I make 50k a year and cant afford 1k a month for rent....being near homeless because you chose to live in an expensive area is silly.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don`t have any idea what the OP is trying to say.
is he trying to say that the conventioneers should have known that the rates were raised and poor people were evicted and therefore they shouldn`t have stayed at that hotel?
is he trying to say that the conventioneers should have paid the higher fee but let the poor people stay there and just find another place to stay themselves?
is he trying to say that the hotel owner is probably a republican and is just trying to suck as much money as he can out of the democrat conventioneers who are staying there while at the same time evicting poor people?

i`m just not sure who he is trying to bash or blame.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I once rented a waterfront property for $600 a month after a year of living there the rent was suddenly increased to $900 a week with only 1 week notice for when the new rate would take effect. it took me 6 weeks to find another place to live and i didnt pay the $900 a week while i was looking for a new place. long story short they got a court judgement against me for almost $3,000 for unpaid rent. It`s been almost 10 years and i still haven`t paid them a penny towards the judgement and i don`t ever intend to.

The kicker is that after i moved out they never rented the place again they sold it less than 6 months later.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by Propulsion

Thats wrong.

i have a question though.
Who would pay 800 a month rent to live there? Im pretty sure she can find a 500 dollar a month apartment for her and her kids.

This place is a motel, is it not?
She never signed a lease. She didnt live there. She was renting the space weekly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join