It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Force Homeless families into Charlotte Streets.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm a Republican. and i dont see how this is the Dem's fault. Sounds like the hotel owner decided to jack up his price for rooms during the convention.
Chalk this up to greed, not a Democrat or Republican issue.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by Propulsion

Nice try, this has nothing to do with the Democrats at all. This is about the greed of the people who own these hotels who jack up their rates because they know the visitors there for the convention will pay pretty much anything.
Can you say that with 100% accuracy?

We all know the politicians are as crooked as hell! Do you think everyone involved with the DNC are walking saints?

You know….”A fellow democrat helping out a fellow democrat with a place to stay?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Conservatives don't believe in handouts, liberals do. Why can't liberals live under their own philosohy?

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by RELDDIR

So now you're supporting the idea that the rich should pay extra to help the poor?

I'm just wanting to understand, It seems to me there is a flaw in the conservative ethos here....

~Heff

They don't but they want everyone to think they are the advocates for the downtrodden. I want to see Nancy Pelosi put her money where her mouth is. Her necklace could have paid for that girl's room and board.

All things considered, it may have been more a matter of supply and demand, which is the market force. But I am wondering if they really pushed her out so that conventioneers would stay there. Oops its more like 26 bucks a night. ..but still....
edit on 6-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Spewing about God, kicking out the Homeless, going to war, its like they are now Republicans

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

Very astute observation. The great illusion of choice. As a really great song once said...

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
When I lived in Ft Lauderdale FL, there were places that jacked up their rents to the snowbirds that came down from Canada for the winter, what went for normally 75.00/week went for 300.00/week or more, if you wanted to live there in the season, you paid, if not you moved. Simple as that

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I mean.. Lets imagine for a moment a solution to this problem you have presented.

I could only imagine the amazing headlines, and under handed welfare remarks the fox news clan would make

"obama houses homeless black families on american tax dollar"

"American Tax dollars at work, housing homeless BLACK PEOPLE"

They already try and paint him as this welfare queen loving president.. Could.. You....Imagine..?

Laughable.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Considering she had been there and already had the room, they could have been decent folk and let her remain with the same rate and just jack the price up on the rest but....greed doesn't care about party affiliation. It could have been the DNC, RNC, the pope, Comic-Con or a circus coming to town and they'd have done the same thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I don’t know if the owners of the motel are democrats or republican

So this thread title is incredibly inaccurate and misleading. It should be changed. Is it not against the rules to post intentional dis-info?

The fact of the matter is that the DNC is in town and it’s really making life difficult for people.

No they aren't. The hotel owners are....the DNC didn't force anyone out of a hotel. The hotel owners wanted to make more money and be greedy...

I can’t tell you how it would be if the repubs were in town. Maybe it would be different.

Ummm....the hotel wants to make more money, it would act the same. Are you for or against private property rights?

So this thread title is incredibly inaccurate and misleading. It should be changed. Is it not against the rules to post intentional dis-info?
The thread is about the people getting kicked out of the hotel. You didn’t get that?

No they aren't. The hotel owners are....the DNC didn't force anyone out of a hotel. The hotel owners wanted to make more money and be greedy...
…And your absolutely sure the hotel isn’t doing any favors for the DNC?

Ummm....the hotel wants to make more money, it would act the same. Are you for or against private property rights?
..For

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Nancy Pelosi is a very wealthy woman. Like I said her necklace could have paid for that girl....

I mean the Majorica Pearls she wears a lot. It would run probly 395 bucks. (based on 2000 prices) Enough to pay a weeks rent at that hotel and some groceries

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And Mitt Romney could have swooped in, been a benefactor, and scored major points with some of the people he isn't winning over right now.

Saying that somebody could have paid for this is a straw man. Anybody with means could have done so, but it doesn't address the underlying problem, nor the political divide.

This notion that only liberals should cough up for the downtrodden seems opportunistic to me.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The thread is about the people getting kicked out of the hotel. You didn’t get that?

Nope. This thread is trying to blame the democratic party for kicking people out a hotel, when it was the hotel owners that did that.

They are working for profit, money triumphs all politics

For

People that own property?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I hope you know my post was tongue in cheek.
ps I love Majorica pearls and have a strand myself.

However, my real point is that Pelosi is extremely wealthy and not suffering for all of her yakking about helping the downtrodden.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I forgot a private hotel was "the democrats". I thought that conservatives were in favor of property rights and against hand outs.

This thread is nothing but Republican dis-info. I'm sure this thread will get a million flags though, while all the exposing right wing politic threads will be ignored.
edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
The right wing is (if not more) crooked than the left. I love being exposed to the filth of both of them. Makes me realize how wonderful it is to be an independent.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Thats not how things work in the Hotel world. Honest.

You have a reservation, for some odd days. You are generally aware of your rate, for each day, sometimes you have a different rate every day, 79, 89, 59, whatever. If you check into a Hotel on July 1st paying a rate of $100 bucks, and you are meant to stay for one night. You cannot expect to extend your stay through the week at the same rate. You would be quoted a new rate for each additional day, as each day could be different and usually is. Most hotels dont average out your daily rate (Kimpton hotels is one that does).

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Fair enough! I honestly am not in attack mode. At least not deliberately. Social issues are just an important issue to me. They are what caused me to splinter from my prior Republican identity. I love profit, and freedom, and choice, and opportunity. I just also am the type to feed hungry strays if I see one. I think life is far more important than money. I can make money all day long - I can't make life ( well, other than the customary way ).

And, so that this remains on topic...

Would Conservatives in the audience ponder the notion that maybe some regulations might work? Like making price gouging illegal - or passing a law stating that being a resident in a room is a contract that is implied? Any option that could have prevented this situation?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Makes me realize how wonderful it is to be an independent.

Then act like it.

99% of your threads have a conservative bias, you identify more with republicans than democrats. This thread shows it. You're attempting to blame the actions of a private hotel on the democratic party.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

unless she signed a lease, the motel i believe has the right to change the rates as they see fit, of course she can file a suit about price gouging, but it probably wouldnt go far

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Nancy P? Why does the free market need to bend its knee to Nancy's wallet? Why is it her responsibility to front the bill for the system? This is how things work. This would happen in ANY CITY with ANY major convention, political or not. This is the Hotel Industry.

Mitt Romney could send every american a few hundred dollars of his own money and still have PLENTY to live off of.. But, why would he ever be obligated to?

Please please please think about what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Nope. This thread is trying to blame the democratic party for kicking people out a hotel, when it was the hotel owners that did that.

They are working for profit, money triumphs all politics

For

People that own property?
I do understand people are out to make a buck, but there should be a line drawn when it comes to people getting thrown out on the streets. I am FOR private property rights.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join