It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternity versus Everlasting Life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by SimonPeter

I am not a Religious person but I have experienced things that have allowed me to understand that there is more going on than what any religion can describe. Split Infinity

I think that is 100% the truth, though I think that it is well contained within this description:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. (Isiah 55:8 NIV)

No matter who we are, or what we believe the God of the Hebrew or Christian Bible to be, who are we to claim that we understand what he's on about?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Your post was reading well until you put in the HE. I have NEVER UNDERSTOOD why people would place a Gender upon a GOD. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Your post was reading well until you put in the HE. I have NEVER UNDERSTOOD why people would place a Gender upon a GOD. Split Infinity

I'm a male and default to the male imperative, cut me some slack, lol. If you spend any time at all reading my posts, I generally write the way that I speak, and, apart from some VERY noted exceptions (basically, people who have yelled at me for not acknowledging their femininity,) I just deference it in a casual manner.

God is without gender, the use of "he" shouldn't have any relevance of note.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm a male and I still refuse to assign a gender to something that is defined by balance, not sexist gratification.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's fine, but you're pointlessly losing meaning in the details.

If God is offended by being referred to as male or female, he's not much of a God, no? And if he thinks that we should burn our time or energy determining something that should have no impact on him, he's even less of a God, no?

(With apologies for again referring to God in the masculine, though it's the the last apology you're going to muster on the subject -- I truly don't think God cares.)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

OK...Slack given. LOL! Still...I believe that what exists or what people have defined as GOD in various religions does not come close to what it may be. I think that we exist in a Multiversal System and there is interconnectivity that Humans do not yet have the Mental Abilities to understand what they refer to as GOD.

I have experienced much more than others and out of all these experiences I have taken away one thing...what is has nothing to do with any concept of religion and is on a Larger Scale than people can imagine.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well, I am quick to admit that I am too fond of my theology to simply chuck it out the window, but I will be first in line behind you to agree that God, and reality, is not what most imagine them to be.

My current favourite message on that thought:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. (Isaiah 55:8 NIV)

Would anyone want anything else? That's the anticipation, encapsulated in one sentence!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Right you are my friend. All things came from god and all things come back to god, like the prodigal son/sun.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

If God is offended by being referred to as male or female, he's not much of a God, no?

That is true. However, that was also not my point. My point was that as soon as we take certain liberties with defining Source, whether Source is offended or not, we begin to change the direction of our understanding, which can seriously compromise our spiritual progress.

(With apologies for again referring to God in the masculine, though it's the the last apology you're going to muster on the subject -- I truly don't think God cares.)

Gender confusion is the least of my concerns on the matter. If it makes any difference, consider yourself forgiven.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Sorry but desire arises from attachment, not wishes.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Death is a part of life, the two can't be separated when they are it forms a duality. Because one arises so does the other...if a person is attached to one it gives rise to the other. Their origins are dependent upon one another. Name and form are transitory, this was that yesterday and that will become this tomorrow. That, which continues on is not the name and form you identify with, but the energy of attachment to name and form, the consciousness no longer having name and form yet, still having attachment grasps for form and attachment...thus it retakes a fitting form according to it's weight of attachment and is reborn, to continue this cycle again and again.

The attachment to heaven can lead one to a heaven, but being reborn in a heaven makes one become heedless, and more attached affinity for comfort. But due to being alive there is death and from having name and form one considers a self; there is attachment...repeating the cycle again and again. Take up the task to break the chain of causes and you escape the cycle.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by rwfresh

Sorry but desire arises from attachment, not wishes.

Don't be sorry.. Some people wish something wasn't True (that is) and they develop an attachment to the delusional desire. Hope that makes sense. Peace!

edit on 7-9-2012 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

No need to speak into the microphone when the choir is right behind you.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Then you should seek the Lord Jesus while there is time , for you have seen the works of a greater power . Seek the truth . If you have the wisdom to see that their is a power guiding this world far beyond the powers of man , surely you will seek the truth of it . The Bible as unpopular as it is tells much .

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by rwfresh

No need to speak into the microphone when the choir is right behind you.

My sincere apology. I had mistakenly elaborated on something i proposed that you seemingly misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification!

Peace!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Everything must die in one form or another. I think it means life TO life in eternity, where once included, it just keeps on getting better and better from one life to the next, never boring.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Which means there really isn't any judgment...we create that for ourselves. No Jesus or "God" involved. Source, certainly, but not in an act of conscious judgment. Unless we're actively judging ourselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There is no new age , only the same old age with the same old foolishness . There is a God and Jesus . There will be a judgement coming for everyone . But before that there will be a lot of doom coming your way that was set into motion a long time ago. Gloom and Doom thats your new age .

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

There is no new age , only the same old age with the same old foolishness . There is a God and Jesus . There will be a judgement coming for everyone . But before that there will be a lot of doom coming your way that was set into motion a long time ago. Gloom and Doom thats your new age .

hmm.. it's pretty interesting that the era the bible was supposed to have been written was the most WELL DOCUMENTED ERA IN THE HISTORY OF MAN KIND meaning there are more books, documents, artifacts, and information from that era then any other era before. and the interesting thing is that you would think everyone would be talking about JESUS with all the mind blowing things he was supposed to have done.. but there is no record of a JESUS ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATIONS BACK THEN you would think Rome.. would have something to say about Jesus in at least one of the MASSIVE PILES OF DOCUMENTS AND BOOKS ON THE POLITICS AND LIFE OF THAT ERA. YOU WOULD THINK THAT MAYBE CESAR WOULD HAVE WANTED TO SEE Him.. this guy has raised the dead he would have been the talk of that century.. but long and behold their was no mention of this jesus..hmmm....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by talkinghands

Incidentally, your avatar caught my attention. Is that sacred geometry? One of the 13 forms of light data? Geometric basis for the fruit of life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join