It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Levite Tribe of Isreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ok simple question... My last name is Levitt, do you guys think it would be possible that my family is somehow a decendant of the Levite tribe of Israel which is mentioned in the bible? My opinion is that it is possible, but far fetched. My grandfather's dad was a drunk who fed his kids on bread and tea and lost all family records from that side of the family, so nobody in my family really knows what kind of ancestry/ethnicity my dad's side came from. All I know is that side of the family IS JEWISH and does have a darker skin color which looks like the typical middle eastern skin color. Any thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Never know, but it would be next to impossible to find out for sure. If you are a decendent from any tribe, im sure you may have blood from another one through marrage. Id recommend doing some genealogy research. usually if you go back a few generations, someone else will have more information for you. www.cyndislist.com... is a good free place to start

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
My grandfather's dad was a drunk who fed his kids on bread and tea

Ah, then you are probably not a descendant of the Levitt tribr, but rather the McLevit Clan.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
My grandfather's dad was a drunk who fed his kids on bread and tea

Ah, then you are probably not a descendant of the Levitt tribr, but rather the McLevit Clan.

Good one

top topics

join