It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What we need, is a cure for greedlock."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

"What we need, is a cure for greedlock."
- Ann Brower

It really brings back my faith in humanity to see a post about something like this on Reddit. I just found this article and I felt an obligation to share this with my online, anonymous peers. I strongly urge you to check it out, as it lays out our world's fatal flaw - the control of our currency - in an entertaining manner that has some very intriguing and well said metaphors.

I will quote a bit to wet the palette.

Imagine if a tree were engineered like the US economy – with half of its mass centered in the top 10 percent of its height and 40 percent of its mass concentrated in the very topmost branches. Whether redwood or oak, such a tree would not be stable in a windstorm. It would be destined to topple. Of course, nature has better sense.

I really enjoyed reading this and it raises a perfectly valid point. There is absolutely no logical reason one person should have so much control over everyone else, as it is extremely unstable and counterproductive when dealing with several billion humans.

It then goes on to illustrate one of the more disturbing yet eye-opening metaphors I have read on this subject.

Imagine if everyone in America was invited to parade down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC. Imagine if the parade took just one hour. Imagine if the march began with the poorest people in the lead. Imagine if all the marchers’ income levels were indicated by their height. Here’s what such a parade would look like:

I would quote the rest, but I would not feel right doing so without approval from the author.

It is terrifying and paradigm shattering to think that our planet could still be ruled, in the year 2012, by kings and queens, whom most, if not all, have obtained that position through lies, conspiracy, genocide, and financed world wars.

I try to think optimistically though so I will add that I believe that this can, in the long term, be used to further society.

For the first time in history, our planet, and every slave on it has the chance to realize that we all have one common enemy, The Elite.

I believe such a scenario is the only way humanity would unite at this point in our timeline. We still are ignorant of the bigger picture, destroying our planet to make a quick buck. We still treat other humans as animals simply because they do not look the same as us, speak the same language as us, or worship the same religious entity as us.

Most important of all, we have collectively devolved into lesser humans.

I could go on and on but I am already starting to go off-topic in my OP

edit on 5-9-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would love to hear ATS comment on the subject. The only reason I'm still on this website is because of the few diamonds in the s*#t mine of member posts.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

I feel the only answer to fix this, it to stop buying products from all of these evil corporations, and demand they pay well or we won't buy ever again.

Then and only then will we see the power and money returned in a more proportionaly fair manner.

Or just keep buying iphones and nikes to further support slave labor sweat shops, whatevs.

Not like anyone else will listen though, as every thread about it just gets flamed to death instead of having any kind of reasonable discourse on the subject. Pathetic really...............

Oh ya op almost forgot. SnF
edit on 5-9-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I wish it were that easy. I really do. I believe that while this might of worked 30 years ago, today, we have become so dependent on debt that for the vast majority today, the basic necessities of a civilized life - a house, a mode of transportation, clean water, food, etc - are not all possible to obtain without huge assistance from either family, friends, or a little of both. For those who aren't that fortunate, the only other option is to borrow money from a private bank.

In fact, I would like to see someone today go to a realtor and try to buy a house with cash. Our entire system is dependent on debt, and debt is slavery.

With that being said, I do agree with your statement and that mode of thinking is the kind that we need to see more of. Corporations are there to make money, and that's it. The Lightbulb Conspiracy is a very eye-opening documentary and one of many great films showing how corporations have figured out ways to maximize profit, at the expense of the world and everyone on it.
edit on 5-9-2012 by theshepherd2 because: typo

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

But it would make sense if the mass was concentrated in the trunk. What a stupid analogy. I get what she was trying to say .. but .. just a stupid analogy.

top topics

join