It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Accidentally Confronts A Gay Veteran; Awesomeness Ensues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Mitt Romney is against equal civil rights, he's hateful and bigoted. This really shouldn't surprise anyone, his religion teaches that black people and native americans were cursed with dark skin because of their sins. It also teaches that homosexuality is a product of evil.

edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Is that something you know or just something you heard? I ask because there are many Mormons in my area and some of them are black and some are native Americans. I wouldn't think they would convert to Mormanism if they were actually preaching nonsense like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Im not against gay people, im not really against gay marriage, because no matter what anyone does, we all know its going to be legal everywhere around the world in the near future, no reason to fight it. But i am against gay couples going to church, that is just an abomination, blasphemy. If youre gay, youre ok in my book, unless you go to church. Since theyre always saying that marriage isnt religious. They bash christianity, but then start going to church? I would personally drag you by your ear out a church..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Now, about that apology that I talked about?

You do not deserve one.

1994 Senate Campaign

While seeking the US Senate seat in 1994, Mitt Romney wrote a letter to a gay rights group known as the Log Cabin Club claiming that he supported full equality for America's gay and lesbian citizens. He claimed that even though has opponent - Senator Ted Kennedy - was an ardent supporter of gay rights, he would be more effective in moving the issue into the main stream of American concern. He stated that he supported the Federal Employee Nondiscrimination Act and President Clinton's "don't ask, don't tell" policy

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Mitt Romney is against equal civil rights, he's hateful and bigoted. This really shouldn't surprise anyone, his religion teaches that black people and native americans were cursed with dark skin because of their sins. It also teaches that homosexuality is a product of evil.

Is that something you know or just something you heard? I ask because there are many Mormons in my area and some of them are black and some are native Americans. I wouldn't think they would convert to Mormanism if they were actually preaching nonsense like that.

It is in the book of Mormon.
Black people are black because of the stain on their souls.
God came and told the church to stop hating blacks a while back though but they have yet to white out those parts of their bible.

Romney was a Mormons long before black people were even allowed to become priests in his church.
edit on 6-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
50$ says Mitt ran to the bathroom and had one of his aides scrub his hands thoroughly with extra lather.

Mitt has a lot going on right now. He can't possibly be bothered with being contaminated with gay.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
It is a biological function that typically lasts less than a minute then it's over

Little bit of a sidetrack, take my advice and don't admit to that in public.

Usually the people that bash gays the most come across as extremely sexually immature.
You are not having orgasms that last longer than a minute and even if you did, no woman is impressed by that. In fact a male orgasm lasting 60 seconds is a really disgusting thought.

So maybe you need to go back to school and tell your science teacher that you know nothing about the human body and need to be educated before you go back and spit more stupid all over the internet.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I am mormon and i have mayan blood hence my dark skin color, and yes we do learn these things that have been taught to us. Ive never felt offended by it and neither has the hundred thousands of blacks, hispanics, africans, and native americans that are members. There are reasons why we believe these things, but just one thing, our church doesnt teach us that WE are cursed because of OUR sins. Its completely different than that, and neither you or realspoke will understand anything unless you attend our church with a positive mentality.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Rastafari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by Cuervo

So should Mitt have said he supported gay marriage to appease this guy? I applaud any politician that is consistent, and doesn't just tell people what they want to hear.

Hitler was pretty consistent in his position to remove all Jews from Europe.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Interesting how much hate and bigotry you're ready to throw on a man you don't know in the cause of politics yet you'll turn such a blind eye in the direction of your political affiliations and support because you'd rather "win" than be objective.

Any party that would remove parts of their platform because they don't agree with it, yet then blatantly lie and say "oops, my bad" trying to cover it all up and flip right back... well, not a lot of principles there other than "winning" an election.

Screw the country - save the party right?

You'd cast Romney out because you disagree with his beliefs and instead support someone who has NO beliefs?

Their "support" for minorities and civil equality is nothing more than a ruse to get your vote, they stand for nothing other than winning - see the current amendment to their party platform that was so vocally "booed" at the convention after a kangaroo court style vote.
Boo at the DNC

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by Glass

Glass,
Did you really just associate Mitt with being consistent?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
@ Glass

My apologies.
I read the post wrong

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I was so sure that Romney would have flip flopped at the end and say he was in favor of gay marriage like he always does just to appeal to him.

But seriously how can anyone here of all places vote for someone like Romney of all people.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Ok....

So Romney handled himself well and so did the vet.

What the real concern here should be is if the constitution states what Romney implied. Does the constitution make the definition of marriage quite clear?

I am not finding any such information.

Romney may have lied about that and it should be followed up. A good argument based on lies is no good at all.
edit on 5-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Defining marriage is not one of the Constitutionally enumerated powers of the federal government. He should have said that he would veto any law, for or against, concerning gay marraige and kick it back to the states where it belongs.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The man in the video has a valid argument he and his partner should have the same legal rights as any married hetero couple.

This is why government has no business being involved with things like marriage.

The answer is less government and more freedom ...

Romney should have said the government has no right to dictate how you live ...

But you won't hear that from Obama or Romney.

edit on 6-9-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastafari

I am mormon and i have mayan blood hence my dark skin color, and yes we do learn these things that have been taught to us. Ive never felt offended by it and neither has the hundred thousands of blacks, hispanics, africans, and native americans that are members. There are reasons why we believe these things, but just one thing, our church doesnt teach us that WE are cursed because of OUR sins. Its completely different than that, and neither you or realspoke will understand anything unless you attend our church with a positive mentality.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Rastafari because: (no reason given)

The book of Mormon is strictly against racism. But people want to make Mormons seem evil and dont bother to see if what there being told is true. The reality is the curse there talking about was repealed when they found god again. Book of Mormon records that Lamanites converted and that "their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites… and they were numbered among the Nephites, and were called Nephites"

As far a racism The Book of Mormon is pretty clear "[The Lord] inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come, black and white, bond and free, male and female...and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile."2 Nephi 26:33 In fact Mormons never denied membership based on race (although slaves had to have their master's permission to be baptized), and several black men were ordained to the priesthood even during Joseph Smith's lifetime. So people that attack a religion without looking into it just show there own prejudices.

s

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by Cuervo

So should Mitt have said he supported gay marriage to appease this guy? I applaud any politician that is consistent, and doesn't just tell people what they want to hear.

No. Mitt should already know he shouldn't mix his religious beliefs with his political policies. He should also be aware that just because you're a different sexual orientation, doesn't mean you should have your RIGHTS violated and restricted.

He has his opinions and he will not be getting any logical human being's vote. That's for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I respect Mitt Romney for sticking to his guns, he didnt fold under the pressure like most politicians would do in that moment. You dont have to agree with Mitt's views, at times I dont agree with everything he thinks and says, but I do agree with him giving a straight, direct answer to a tough question and I appreciate that he didnt beat around the bush...

You cant fault a man for the way he was raised and for the views he has today... It is, what it is...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by dragonridr

I can agree that Mormonism does not teach members to be racist. I wouldn't think that to be the case.

The thing is though, when one of its core doctrines is the belief that brown people are "stained", it has to be changed. That belief is entirely racist.

Your posts is just an elaborate way of saying "how can I be racist if I have a black friend?"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

If that is the case then they are no longer teaching such things, as is right. Just as Judaism no longer teaches that it's cool to "stone the fornicators". Same as Christianity no longer teaches that a thief should have his hand cut off.

Religions evolve all the time. I am not a big Romney supporter- I'm on the "none of the above" side right now. I just don't see why people keep throwing any candidates religious beliefs into the mix. People keep throwing crud around about obsolete Mormon teachings, just as they keep throwing around crud about Obama's preacher spewing hatred about America.

Anyone who is a member of any organized religious group knows good and well that the vast majority of people don't agree with every particular tenet that their religion espouses, so why would presidential candidates be any different? It's the same line of bull they pulled when JFK was running for president.

People of most different religious beliefs are split on the issue of gay marriage- some for, some against. I know Mormons on both sides of the issue. I just feel like both candidates religions should be left out of it and their political positions should be the focal points.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rastafari

I have attended your church ( 3 times to be exact). It was okay but it's not my bag. They didn't talk about the subject in question, but I wanted Realspoke to understand that Mormons don't teach racial hatred. I think too many people are trying to make this presidential race into a "racial" thing instead of focusing on the political issues.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join