It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Accidentally Confronts A Gay Veteran; Awesomeness Ensues

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Same sex marriage equality is...ONCE AGAIN...NOT about sexual orientation but about civil rights as an American citizen.

Your opinions are no more relevant than anyone else's when it comes to judging others for their sexual activities....something you can never justify even if you talk until you are blue in the face and your tongue is dragging the ground. And the same is equally applicable to the other totally irrelevant but persistent idea that this is somehow to do with religion.

But since you and your religious doppelgangers continue to resist and distort the true issue here yet subject us to your unnecessary and inappropriate comments about what goes on in your imagination in order to call the rest of us
( who understand it is not about sex or about religion and who don't use the discussion as an opportunity for Freudian and/or Puritan expression )
things such as "typical opinionated ass-clowns with your predictable knee-jerk responses"...I'll just leave you all to your own knee-jerking....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The idea of two dudes or two women having an intimate relationship is a bit strange and unnatural to me. (I should point out that any gay friends I've had we're all very nice people and I have no hatred or judgement of them as a person, nor towards any gays, just because of their sexuality.)..

Having said that, I honestly think that we should let gay people have exactly the same rights in terms of marriage and benefits if for no other reason than after all this time debating the 'issue' it is now officially absurd imo for us to waste one more second on it. If we give them what they want, they're happy, and the opposing side is barely impacted anyway.

Whatever extra costs it would cause to society in terms of benefits to these gay couples, it would be a fraction of a fraction of the cost of a couple days of costs for all our unnecessary US military activity and occupation around the world. The defense budget for 2012 was somewhere around $ 500 billion and I don't trust that all of that was absolutely essential to the defense of our country. This sort of stuff is what we need to highlight. Ron Paul talked about this and look how the media blackballed him. To me, that shows that he was onto something and saying the right thing that we need to focus on, along with the federal reserve. It wasn't in line with the usual zombie programming so they ignored him. He was right.

So not to get off track talking about the military industrial complex, not to mention the federal reserve, all the myriad types of corruption in washington, wall st., etc...But I honestly think that the powers that be love that the masses continually get distracted by these marginal issues like gay marriage that receive endless spotlight in media and people endlessly debate about it. It's a perfect smokescreen because it's such a divisive issue.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Jedimind because: I know the meaning of life...do you want to know what it is?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Evangelical, ultra right wing supposed christians are the biggest terrorists in the world and the most dangerous.

PROVE IT ! I have yet to see any proof or evidence to back up that statement.
You're like yelling "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater when there is NO FIRE !

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
LOL

That's such a freaking cop-out.....'I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.' Who gives a s**t? Let the gays get married. If you're so self-righteous, when God comes he'll rapture your ass up first. Until then, let the gays have equal rights. These 'Christian' politically figures use their religion as a mask for their bigotry.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Actually, Christianity worships a god that demands execution for people that do things like unleavened on the wrong day.

Sounds like you have idea at all what your own faith preaches.

But sure... That won't stop you from preaching a bunch or misguided nonsense.

Prove it?

Have you read the bible?

Your god wipes out entire cities... in fact he flooded the ENTIRE PLANET.

As for "not in America"... so what?

Is America what God wants? Are you using America as the exemplar of God's teachings?

Just how delusional are you?

I've read my bible cover to cover several times. What you are trying to do is to take some old testament history out of context. In fact, God told Israel to destroy its enemies time and time again. How many times were the Israelites enslaved, attacked, murdered by other civilizations ? Many ! And many times after God instructed Israel to do away with her enemies. Again, this is OLD TESTAMENT, not NEW TESTAMENT.

Apparently YOU like to PICK AND CHOSE what applies and what does not from Scripture. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to make an argument out of context.

As far as FLOODING the ENTIRE PLANET ... Go read the story of Gilgamesh online. You will find that it predates the story of Noah, and from a scientific point of view, there was a reason the planet flooded and it had to do with the DESTROYER or WORMWOOD.

edit on 9/7/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Evangelical, ultra right wing supposed christians are the biggest terrorists in the world and the most dangerous.

PROVE IT ! I have yet to see any proof or evidence to back up that statement.
You're like yelling "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater when there is NO FIRE !

No need. You and your kind do it for me on a daily basis

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
For those who shout and scream "They shouldn't flaunt it in public!", stop all the music videos and lustful movies where two people of the same gender are humping on one another. Stop all the bars and dance clubs where people are practically having sex on the dance floor. Stop all the other instances, including movies where sex is the norm, stop modern culture all together where sexuality is at every turn. Gays aren't the ones flaunting it in public, the straight people do it much, much more often, but our brains have tuned that out becaue it's "normal" for us. We see straight sexual flaunting over 278 times a day. We see gay sexual flaunting perhaps once a month. Which one is really at fault here?
You whine and cry about gay being wrong because they aren't like the rest of us who settle down, get married and spend our lives together... ok, ok, the 20 some percent that don't end in divorce anyway... yet when they say that's exactly what they want to do, you say "NO, marriage is for a man and a woman". You can't get angry about them not doing it and at the same time say they aren't allowed to do it. Are you afriad they'll do a "better job" at it than we have?

If you want homosexuality kept out of public view, then you're going to have to allow for a private venue. You tell them to keep it behind their own doors, then you take the door away. You can't have it both ways. Either permit gay marriage or deal with the non-marriage of gays. We have them stuck in the perpetual "dating mode" that most of us went through in our late teens and early 20's, then settled down, found the person we wanted to spend our lives with (ignore divorce rates at this period) and that was that. Gays can't do that because they're not allowed to get married. What option do they have? Well, you don't want them married, so they're in dating mode.... forever. Make up your mind what you want. Of course most gay people have adapted and go on with their relationships, lasting decades, much longer than a lot of straight marriages do these days, yet they aren't given the same basic rights, they have to be considered "room mates" or "special friends", not spouses like they really are just because of bigoted idiots who can't handle it and keep a double standard.

It boils down to this: Either allow gay marriage or don't complain about gays in public who act like they're teenagers dating. It's one or the other, you can't have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Hey there, Chiten! Haven't exchanged with you in a while. Good to see you.

I don't think allowing gay marriage will stop public displays of affection. Married couples kiss in public all the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I definitely agree with you,I think Mitt Romeny is jaded and hateful.Now I am not gay but you dont have to be to agree with the veteran.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What difference does it make people will do what they want regardless.It is a free country isnt it?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Hey there, Chiten! Haven't exchanged with you in a while. Good to see you.

I don't think allowing gay marriage will stop public displays of affection. Married couples kiss in public all the time.

Yup, there are constantly sexual displays in public by straight people, but we get so offended the few times we see it from gay people. Unless they strip down naked and start "doing the dirty", they aren't doing anything that everyone else doesn't do on a daily basis, but they get attacked for it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Actually, Christianity worships a god that demands execution for people that do things like unleavened on the wrong day.

Sounds like you have idea at all what your own faith preaches.

But sure... That won't stop you from preaching a bunch or misguided nonsense.

Prove it?

Have you read the bible?

Your god wipes out entire cities... in fact he flooded the ENTIRE PLANET.

As for "not in America"... so what?

Is America what God wants? Are you using America as the exemplar of God's teachings?

Just how delusional are you?

I've read my bible cover to cover several times. What you are trying to do is to take some old testament history out of context. In fact, God told Israel to destroy its enemies time and time again. How many times were the Israelites enslaved, attacked, murdered by other civilizations ? Many ! And many times after God instructed Israel to do away with her enemies. Again, this is OLD TESTAMENT, not NEW TESTAMENT.

Apparently YOU like to PICK AND CHOSE what applies and what does not from Scripture. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to make an argument out of context.

As far as FLOODING the ENTIRE PLANET ... Go read the story of Gilgamesh online. You will find that it predates the story of Noah, and from a scientific point of view, there was a reason the planet flooded and it had to do with the DESTROYER or WORMWOOD.

edit on 9/7/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

ACTUALLY, the ONLY anti-homosexual teaching are in the same part of the OT as the things I mentioned.

You want to ignore those, then also ignore the anti-homosexual stuff as well...

Otherwise obey and believe them both.

I see now however that you believe in nonsense like WORMWOOD.

You must spend your whole life in fear and confusion, picking and choosing the parts of the bible are "true" and waiting for an invisible planet to come back and destroy your planet.

I feel sorry for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I accept your apology.

(Still there on page 16 it's 7 post down, your post then 6 down.)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

I accept your apology.

I haven't read it. I will.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ACTUALLY, the ONLY anti-homosexual teaching are in the same part of the OT as the things I mentioned.

You want to ignore those, then also ignore the anti-homosexual stuff as well...

Otherwise obey and believe them both.

I see now however that you believe in nonsense like WORMWOOD.

You must spend your whole life in fear and confusion, picking and choosing the parts of the bible are "true" and waiting for an invisible planet to come back and destroy your planet.

I feel sorry for you.

ACTUALLY, WORMWWOD or Nibru is not nonsense. Did you know our sun is a binary star? Do you know of dark matter? Do you know what a brown dwarf is? I'm not talking about black holes either when I speak of dark matter. Just to let you know dark matter is called DARK MATTER because you can't see it unless you use special technology or use special techniques in which any person can do with a camera or technology like wise. See if you take video footage of the sun with different filters other then the regular filter at certain times you will actually see another planet almost right behind the sun or to either side of the sun. Sometimes you can even catch it directly in front of the sun. Either way you look at it, it is some kind of planet. Star perhaps? As far as the name of it goes I don't know the "correct" name for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Also there is other anti homosexual verses in the bible other then in the OL. Even Yeshua speaks against homosexuals. lol

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Take your time.

It's ok to man up and say you're wrong.

Who knows, maybe one day you will open your eyes, and see the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

Also there is other anti homosexual verses in the bible other then in the OL. Even Yeshua speaks against homosexuals. lol

As I and probably countless others have already asked... where?

Not that it matters. He could have been the Slayer of Rainbows and I still would say that it has no place dictating laws but... he didn't. He didn't say one damn word about homosexuality.

He explained why men and women get married but that's it. Nothing else I have found that he said even approaches the subject.

So please, for the love of the gods, show us. Or stop saying it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

As I and probably countless others have already asked... where?

Not that it matters. He could have been the Slayer of Rainbows and I still would say that it has no place dictating laws but... he didn't. He didn't say one damn word about homosexuality.

He explained why men and women get married but that's it. Nothing else I have found that he said even approaches the subject.

So please, for the love of the gods, show us. Or stop saying it.

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)

Yeshua didn't say Adam and Steve, Yeshua said Adam and Eve.

Now since you wanted to be so righteously ignorant, please say I was right. I don't even care if you don't say sorry besides I don't like someone to apologize to me with words but with actions. We can agree to disagree on our views and that Yahweh IS the ONE true God of Israel and the GREAT "I am"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Also, if you look at scripture you will see that Yeshua always talked about a man and a wife, never of that of the same sex. So, if this not enough proof than I don't know what is except for the fact he speaks about Sodom and Gomorrah in his own words explaining them as unclean to Yahweh in my own explanation of the verse, though if you want me to I can quote this too. I must admit, I am happy there are people like you I can make examples of.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join