It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Accidentally Confronts A Gay Veteran; Awesomeness Ensues

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Silly Mr Romney....... He had a "Gordon Brown Moment"

It's just a shame we didn't have the microphone error to finish it off.....
I can imagine what he said Morons being Morons.... typo, sorry I meant Mormons

edit on 7-9-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Holy #!! When did the gay brigade invade this site lol!?

Not a day goes by without some gay ass hyperbolic thread with the same redundent arguments. This #ing gay circus since Obama got elected is really turning me into a damn conservative. I can even see some people around me who were pro-Obama getting sick and tired of it already.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

Have you also noticed that practically all of the gay ass hyperbolic threads which get started are started by antigay homophobic straight people? Maybe, just maybe, if you all stopped starting the threads you wouldn't have to read them! Not that you have to read them, so that begs the question why do you read them?

Don't like the gay threads? Here's a suggestion!

See a thread with the word gay in the title DON'T CLICK ON IT!

Make sense to you? No, probably not but that's probably because this is the only place where your sort are brave enough to voice your backward opinions!
edit on 7/9/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Not a day goes by without some gay ass hyperbolic thread with the same redundent arguments. This #ing gay circus since Obama got elected is really turning me into a damn conservative. I can even see some people around me who were pro-Obama getting sick and tired of it already.

You are a dying breed, whilst revelling in your ignorance, try to also enjoy your extinction

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

You are a dying breed, whilst revelling in your ignorance, try to also enjoy your extinction

You think that's bad, I just had someone tell me that being gay was the equivalent of being a high school drop out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by powerdrone
I also take issue with someone whose religion believed it was okay for a man to marry twelve women but not for two men to have a monogamous relationship. Just sayin.

Then in YOUR IGNORANCE, you should understand that there are 3 Separate MORMON CHURCHES. Romney belongs to the ONE the does NOT believe in Multiple Marriages, the other 2 do. Get your facts straight before making blatantly false and inaccurate statements.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

I also take issue with someone whose religion believed it was okay for a man to marry twelve women but not for two men to have a monogamous relationship. Just sayin.

Then in YOUR IGNORANCE, you should understand that there are 3 Separate MORMON CHURCHES. Romney belongs to the ONE the does NOT believe in Multiple Marriages, the other 2 do. Get your facts straight before making blatantly false and inaccurate statements.

But his still believes in getting a personal planet in the afterlife, yes?

And that Jesus hung out with the Native Americans?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

You and those like you never fail to amaze me with your double standards. My God, you are Sodomites and Sexual deviants and you call me sick and disgusting?

Yes. I find it extremely sick and disgusting to be so hateful and judgmental against another human being because of what you think God said. What double standards? You only get one life. Be happy, not hateful and live your life for you and stop worrying what everyone else is doing.

Here is the truth, You're nuts.

I'd rather be nuts than full of hate and vitriol.

You people are trying hard to change reality and what normal people know to be sick;

What reality? Yours? No one's changed mine or is trying to. And Please define "normal" because whatever your "normal" is, I want to be sure to stay far away from it. Look what it has turned you into!

...most people in their heart of hearts know homosexuality is sick.

I am soooo glad I don't know any of these "most people" except for the opinionated few I run across online.

The problem isn't that homosexual couples want the right to marry. The problem is that fundamental religious folk like yourself get so offended and take it so damn personally. Get over yourself. The world doesn't revolve around YOU.

What if the tables were turned and religion was the minority? What if the conversation was turned the other way and you were fighting for your right to practice your religion? You praying in a church or your home doesn't hurt me one bit and I could care less. Why would I vote to take that away from you? I wish we could when I read posts like yours, but that's just me and the world doesn't revolve around me either.

It's called freedom and the right to Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, no matter what path you take to get there. I don't wish to take those away from anyone. Why do you?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Who cares what the bible says? The bible doesn't set the law of this land. Religion is nothing more than a base form of mind control. And if you listen to some of these nutjobs you begin to wonder where the little thing called common sense went.

The MAJORITY of the PEOPLE in the UsA care. This is a CHRISTIAN nation at its core, and heathens do not decide what is right and wrong here. This whole conversation is literally stupid for 2 reasons.

POTUS = President of the United States

1. The POTUS does NOT make LAW. He is the EXECUTIVE who ENFORCES the LAWS made by Congress. So it really doesn't matter much what the PRESIDENT says, believes or thinks. CONGRESS is where this discussion really matters.

2. If the Gay/Lesbian minority really wants to have a place of their own, they should go start up their own Country with their own LAWS and Live there in peace and not care what the rest of the World thinks. They are not going to change the hearts and minds of this Christian Nation into accepting their ABOMINATION acts that GOD clearly stated was against HIS way of life. Remember that he DESTROYED .... SODOM and GAMORRAH for their decadence.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

And that old drag queen would probably whip your ass if you tried saying that to his face!

Chicken #e!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The MAJORITY of the PEOPLE in the UsA care. This is a CHRISTIAN nation at its core, and heathens do not decide what is right and wrong here. This whole conversation is literally stupid for 2 reasons.

I can unequivocally and, without a shadow of a doubt, declare you as an enemy of my nation. You are prejudiced against other religions, that much is obvious. However, what is further implied is that you believe that our rights should be dictated by your religion.

The religion that endorses slavery, murder, incest, and rape should not be even mentioned when it comes civil rights.

You do not support our republic and you certainly do not support a peaceful society. What you support is a slow and inevitable death of an obese culture.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

??????? you throw out something that is totally false then tell others to get their "facts straight before making blatantly false and inaccurate statements"??????

There is only ONE Mormon Church, there are several OFFSHOOTS of Mormonism who try to promote plural marriages, but the ONE Mormon Church does not endorse it.
Think of it like this. There was the Catholic Church, some people disagreed with it, in particular, a guy named Martin Luther. He was the leader of the Protestant Reformation. From that came the Lutherans, the Baptists, the Methodists, all the denominations. You don't refer to a Baptist as just another Catholic Church and the offshoots of the Mormon church are not just other Mormon Churches. Also, the Mormons are Christians just like Catholics are Christians and Baptists are Christians and Methodists are Christians. The only difference is in doctrine and HOW they worship, not WHO they worship. Mormons worship God, the exact same God that Catholics and Protestants worship. They worship Jesus Christ, the exact same Jesus Christ that Catholics and Protestants worship.
I'm not presently a member of the Mormon Church, but I have been in the past. From birth to about 16 years old. I found that a different church suited my "tastes" better, so I started going to it instead. That doesn't mean the Mormons are wrong, it doesn't mean my church is wrong, they are all in the same family. The only difference is the details and, in some cases, interpretations and applications, but they all worship Jesus Christ just the same.

The ONLY thing I LIKE about Romney is that he's Mormon, it's the only positive attribute he has as far as I'm concerned.

A church is the people who make it up. If that group of people aren't homophobic bigots, then their church doesn't harp on it all the time. If that group is a bunch of redneck, bigoted, racist homophobes, then you're going to hear about it every week. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ or with the Bible. It has to do with THEIR interpretation of it. The Bible said NOTHING about homosexuality, but a lot of the translations sure do harp on it. When compared to the original text, you find the mistakes, but of course, those who are homophobes aren't going to compare it and definitely wouldn't look for the truth if they did, they look for whatever little straw they can possibly find to support their position.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

No, the majority of people that you happen to know in real life happen to agree with you because you hang around that type of person.
Haven't you heard? The polling reports now say that 53% favor gay marriage and 42% oppose it. The MAJORITY of Americans support it so you are in the minority. Just because the few dozen people that you associate with in your life don't like it doesn't mean that it's the Majority in the entire country. The world doesn't revolve around you, it's much, much bigger and you are nothing but a little speck who will soon fade away and be forgotten.

As far as being a Christian nation, that's not true either. Christianity is the predominant religion right now, but the government isn't based on religion, it's based on the Constitution and freedom of and from religion. There is no requirement that people HAVE to go to church on Sunday, but they have every right to do so if they want. We don't live in a theocracy. If you wish to live in, try Iraq or any of the other middle east countries that you rail against constantly, they have theocracies and you'd be right at home there after you converted since the forced religion is more important to you than what religion it happens to be.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

"The TRUTH is OUT THERE ! Expose the TRUTH and there is nothing left to HIDE."

You know what truth is, truth is that you subscribe to a religion of hate!

Hate breeds hate and that is what you will end up with!

If only there was a place in this world where the gays could seclude themselves from people like you, I, for one, would be there like a shot and leave you and yours to rot in your hate filled world!

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on that fat @$$ you sit on!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Who cares what the bible says? The bible doesn't set the law of this land. Religion is nothing more than a base form of mind control. And if you listen to some of these nutjobs you begin to wonder where the little thing called common sense went.

POTUS = President of the United States

1. The POTUS does NOT make LAW. He is the EXECUTIVE who ENFORCES the LAWS made by Congress. So it really doesn't matter much what the PRESIDENT says, believes or thinks. CONGRESS is where this discussion really matters.

2. If the Gay/Lesbian minority really wants to have a place of their own, they should go start up their own Country with their own LAWS and Live there in peace and not care what the rest of the World thinks. They are not going to change the hearts and minds of this Christian Nation into accepting their ABOMINATION acts that GOD clearly stated was against HIS way of life. Remember that he DESTROYED .... SODOM and GAMORRAH for their decadence.

Yeah, same for the blacks and the jews and the latinos and the other minorities.

Let them feck off to Jewland, and Africa... America is for the majority, not some minorities.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

and a quick ps.

If you are going to quote or cite the bible don't you think you should at least be able to SPELL what you are trying to say?

It's Gomorrah not Gamorrah!

Get it right, your ever present, ever loving God just might smite you in on of his regular rage filled tantrums if you don't!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by MegaMind

I think the Bill of Rights was originally drafted with the idea of protecting our rights rather than limiting government.

I could be wrong, however.

Yes protecting our rights by limiting government. Go read them ...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Where did you get this ridiculous information?

Where did you hear that the Lesbians and Gays want a place of their own?

All we want is to be left alone in peace in the places that we own or rent, as in our homes, our bedrooms!

I couldn't give a flying fart what you do in yours what business of yours is it what I do in mine?

By the way I suggest you research Sodom and Gomorrah PROPERLY before you use it to try and justify your hate about Gays!

Love thy neighbour!
Do unto others as you would have done unto you!
Judge not lest ye be judged!

Recognize any of these? No, I supppose not because you are too filled with hate caused by your fear of something you can't even begin to understand!

By the way Merry Christmas, the Easter Bunny will be along to present you with your halo shortly!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Both parties are set up to have polarizing topics in order to divide and conquer. Good job on egging this crap on you should all be proud. keep dancing puppets.
edit on 7-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I can unequivocally and, without a shadow of a doubt, declare you as an enemy of my nation. You are prejudiced against other religions, that much is obvious. However, what is further implied is that you believe that our rights should be dictated by your religion.

The religion that endorses slavery, murder, incest, and rape should not be even mentioned when it comes civil rights.

You do not support our republic and you certainly do not support a peaceful society. What you support is a slow and inevitable death of an obese culture.

I AM NOT an enemy of this NATION just because I DO NOT sign on to and support a GAY / LESBIAN rights agenda. I made it clear in prior posts that is GOD's LAW that you violate, not mine. If you have issues with that, take it up with HIM and good luck on that.

I am NOT prejudiced against other RELIGIONS either. Our RIGHTS are GOD GIVEN, as supported by our National Constitution and foundation documents. You obviously have NOT done your homework. But since you mentioned it, Islam and other religions DO NOT tolerate GAY / LESBIAN behavior either. The only 2 that do to my knowledge are Satanism and maybe the Budahists. Outside of that, good luck with that.

Funny you make a statement about religion that supports slavery, murder, incest, rape ... you must be talking about the Muslims and Islam ... that is exactly what they support and do. As a CHRISTIAN, those acts to me are appalling. So very little you understand and how quick you are to judge. Be Very Careful casting stones ...
Karma will come back on you 10 fold.

BTW: I am a USAF Veteran. I love this country and support it. But I will not bow down and give in to what you want that goes against the beliefs I was raised with.
edit on 9/7/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I AM NOT an enemy of this NATION just because I DO NOT sign on to and support a GAY / LESBIAN rights agenda. I made it clear in prior posts that is GOD's LAW that you violate, not mine. If you have issues with that, take it up with HIM and good luck on that.

I am NOT prejudiced against other RELIGIONS either. Our RIGHTS are GOD GIVEN, as supported by our National Constitution and foundation documents. You obviously have NOT done your homework.

Funny you make a statement about religion that supports slavery, murder, incest, rape ... you must be talking about the Muslims and Islam ... that is exactly what they support and do. As a CHRISTIAN, those acts to me are appalling. So very little you understand and how quick you are to judge. Be Very Careful casting stones ...
Karma will come back on you 10 fold.

BTW: I am a USAF Veteran. I love this country and support it. But I will not bow down and give in to what you want that goes against the beliefs I was raised with.

As a Christian you must know that your religion has engaged in torture, murder, abuse, rape, etc.

Sure, it's been a while since Christian policy involved murder, but it'd not like it didn't happen. It did. Christians have engaged in genocide and butchery. You just choose to ignore that. Nice.

As for GODS LAW, you know what else GODS LAW prohibits??

Eating fat.(Leviticus 3:17)
The consumption of pork. (Leviticus 11:7-8)
Eating aquatic creatures lacking fins or scales.(Deuteronomy 14:9-10)
Performing any work on the sabbath.(Exodus 20:10)
Planting more than one kind of seed in a field.(Leviticus 19:19)
Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth.(Leviticus 19:19)
Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard.(Leviticus 19:27)
Tattoos.(Leviticus 19:28)
Touching the dead carcass of a pig.(Deuteronomy 14:8)
If you are a slave, disobedience.(Ephesians 6:5) - Cause God was cool with slavery.

God never said that homosexuality was any worse than wearing a less than 100% pure cotton shirt.

Sounds like you'll be going straight to hell.... just like the fags.

edit on 7-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join