It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Accidentally Confronts A Gay Veteran; Awesomeness Ensues

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteslikethunder

Honestly, I liked how to the point he was about the issue & never backed down from how he felt about it. Besides, not everyone in government feels the same way about homosexual marriage so... I don't see where you're coming from.
A lot of media & government actually like homosexuality so much, they almost promote it. Besides, a lot of people in government will lie & will tell the audience, or the one who is concerned, whatever they want to hear to appease them. Something Obama does constantly. Where is all the change these people were hoping for?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
what legislation did obama pass that "supports gay marriage"?

thats a serious question. i dont keep up with everything passed, but i cant recall him passing anything supporting it either. other than saying "i support it".

i support whalers on the moon.

but that doesnt mean i put whalers on the moon.

and he didnt accidentally confront anyone. looks like he sat down to talk to the guy. hardly an accident. especially considering his consistent message about his belief in marriage.

weak sensationalist title with no substance. awesome.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't support him, nor most of the crap he spews out or wants to do but, I do agree with him on this issue. Just because I dislike Mitt Romney, that does not mean I am going to dislike or automatically disagree with everything he says just because of who he may be. That's pretty stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
kjfkljkejaflkjfkldsjf Obama tells people what they want to hear, that's that.
edit on 6-9-2012 by lethalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Mitt Romney is against equal civil rights, he's hateful and bigoted. This really shouldn't surprise anyone, his religion teaches that black people and native americans were cursed with dark skin because of their sins. It also teaches that homosexuality is a product of evil.

edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

You do realize gays have the same amount of rights as everyone else? Can they get married? Yes.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by Cuervo
This is great. Mitt gets asked about same-sex marriage and basic rights for married couples. Mitt, of course, thinking that there can't possibly be an old rugged army vet who's gay, enthusiastically and proudly throws down what he probably thought was a slam dunk only to find out that he happily told the guy he didn't want him to be treated with equality. Hilarious.

Check out this video

Back in December 2011 during a campaign stop in New Hampshire, Mitt Romney decided to drop by Vietnam War veteran Bob Garon's breakfast table for a quick photo-op. What Romney didn't realize is that Garon was sitting with his husband, whom he had married just a few months earlier. What followed might be the single greatest "oblivious Romney" moment of the entire campaign. Enjoy.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Cuervo because: Added Youtube

My personal view is shared by a majority of Americans, but you clearly are in the minority on this issue.
There is nothing AWESOME about gay and lesbian relationships. While you sit there
behind your keyboard pondering how to answer this, let's be CLEAR and STRAIGHT about
the facts.

God called Gay and Lesbian relationships an ABOMINATION - Reference the Book of Leviticus,
Chapter 18, verse 22 .... It reads " You shall not lay down with man as with a woman, it is an ABOMINATION".

Christ did NOT approve of homosexual behavior, just like His father GOD did not.

You know the DIFFERENCE between WRONG and RIGHT and continuing to sin in this manner is a CHOICE you are making. I hope you can stomach the CONSEQUENCES when they come for it. Hell will not be a lonely
place for the lot of you and it will not be fun for you either.

What you choose to do in the PRIVACY of your HOME is YOUR business.

Flaunting your SEXUAL ORIENTATION in PUBLIC will bring Prejudice, Ridicule and Condemnation upon you.
YOU BRING IT UPON YOU because of your lack of MORALS. No one but YOU are responsible for what other people say to YOU about YOUR BEHAVIOR.

Let's be clear on this as well. The VETERAN in the video served his country and his country owes him a few things. It does not have to honor those things to his boyfriend because it is not generally recognized as a marriage by government. What Romney said was true about the beliefs in this country at the time it was established and have been ever since. Just because you want to FLAUNT your sexual preferences in PUBLIC tells me that you are only doing it for the attention. You are thumbing your nose at GOD and doing it in HIS FACE. Not a wise move I might add, giving His statement on the matter in Leviticus.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: Added more commentary

Great job. Keep telling the truth, no matter what bs they keep screaming about.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSheepHerder

You do realize gays have the same amount of rights as everyone else? Can they get married? Yes.

Lame. Old. Weak.

At least come up with something original.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Why is Barack Obama only categorized as an African American?...Why?....Why is he never referred to as a white man? I can make this racist just like you are trying to and say Barack Obama is ashamed to be white.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dolamite

Why is Barack Obama only categorized as an African American?...Why?....Why is he never referred to as a white man? I can make this racist just like you are trying to and say Barack Obama is ashamed to be white.

He self identifies as black.

Its his personal right.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by Cuervo

I find it interesting how Americans are lining up on one side or the other on what will become very minor issues if Obama and those with are allowed another term to force their Globalist-Collectivist-Marxist-Police State down our throats. Gay Marriage is nothing of importance compared to Obamacare, Gay Marriage is nothing compared to the Law of the Sea Treaty, Gay Marriage is nothing compared to crashing our dollar and forcing us all onto some kind of new money they will have an accounting of, track and tax at will. If Romney is elected we will have some civil unrest amongst a bunch of Godless Homosexuals,Blacks and Minorities but if Obama is elected it is going to probably erupt into civil war and you Liberals are going to be shoved (nicer word)back into the dark ages. Admittedly our country is probably screwed regardless of who is elected/re-elected but the issues Obama stands for and Romney stands for are are going to erupt into Americans against Americans. I must add that either way, regardless of who is elected, I will be leaving with my family; there are a lot nicer places in the world than America; even Russians are looking great these days. Obamacare, the inevitable crash of the US Dollar and Ugly Americans is why.

edit on 6-9-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

I agree! It doesn't matter who you pick! You are just picking the lesser of the evil. In this case they are both just as bad. Though at the same time something has to happen sooner or later. Above that I feel the same way you do. I'm torn apart in my heart with a country falling apart minute after minute, hour after hour. What are we to do? lol This is insane.

There is no lesser evil when both choices are equally evil and controlled by the same "people." You know it's funny that so many people still don't see this two party fraud for what it is. Corporations, military/industrial complex and banks in the middle, controlling both sides. I've known this for so long it's sickening but the mass of people, that 87.5% that can't think critically, just seem to not want to acknowledge the corruption, fraud, pandering of these useless tits we loosely call politicians. I posted before in this same thread (left a few bread crumbs) on connections between the corporations operating in an unregulated environment that deals in basically eugenics, no one noticed the crumbs. So let's add a bit more, Mitt Romney is an LDS mormon republican and Matt Entenza (MN) is a lutheran democrat, what corporation(s) or whom do they have in common? This isn't hard to find, really ;-) I'll give you all a hint, they threw an election fundraiser for Matt Entenza (dem) and the same "family" helped Tagg Romney (rep) provide a surrogate to produce more potentially sociopathic/psychopathic spawn. Do I hear anyone out there, 200 for a vowel? 500 for the win? LOL. Politics is like a game show or wrestling, it's all fake and it's just a bit of entertainment.

Btw, I just added their religions because not only are they (mitt/matt) at odds with the religions they belong to as shown by their actions, but the religions are at odds with each other.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/6.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

Exactly, if people want to talk about natural law then that means between a man and a woman. WHAT DO ANIMALS NATURALLY DO? Have relationships with the opposite sex. lol

Actually, it's quite common in the animal kingdom. Do you not read?

Hey! Where you been?

I expect the GOP will have more awkward moments such as this - - as time goes on.

Gays are no longer afraid.

and so many straight, intelligent people who believe in human rights, are standing with them!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp
what legislation did obama pass that "supports gay marriage"?

thats a serious question. i dont keep up with everything passed, but i cant recall him passing anything supporting it either. other than saying "i support it".

DOMA, the Defense of Marriage Act that Bill Clinton signed into effect during his term, will no longer be defended by the United States Supreme Court. It has been declared unconstitutional and as such, cannot be upheld 'without heightened scrutiny' through the court and therefore cannot be defended....and will not be.

Letter from the Attorney General to Congress on DOMA

After careful consideration, including a review of my recommendation, the President has concluded that given a number of factors, including a documented history of discrimination, classifications based on sexual orientation should be subject to a heightened standard of scrutiny. The President has also concluded that Section 3 of DOMA, as applied to legally married same-sex couples, fails to meet that standard and is therefore unconstitutional. Given that conclusion, the President has instructed the Department not to defend the statute in Windsor and Pedersen, now pending in the Southern District of New York and the District of Connecticut. I concur in this determination.

Notwithstanding this determination, the President has informed me that Section 3 will continue to be enforced by the Executive Branch. To that end, the President has instructed Executive agencies to continue to comply with Section 3 of DOMA, consistent with the Executive’s obligation to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, unless and until Congress repeals Section 3 or the judicial branch renders a definitive verdict against the law’s constitutionality. This course of action respects the actions of the prior Congress that enacted DOMA, and it recognizes the judiciary as the final arbiter of the constitutional claims raised.

This is not a permanent measure but only intended to be in effect until DOMA is repealed or the Supreme Court officially judges it as unconstitutional....and that is because *checks and balances* demands it be that way every time.

The particular part of the act that is unconstitutional and will not be defended is Section 3:

DOMA Section 3 states: “In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word ‘marriage’ means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word ‘spouse’ refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.”

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

There is no law TO A RIGHT OF MARRIAGE........so you are still wrong, not covered under the constitution or the 14th amendment which everyone reads wrong anyway......it was about making black people equal and no slavery, stop trying to use it for every thing under the sun

It is NOT an issue for the president or the federal government anyway.......only for the states to decide in the case of a civil union......marriage is religious at it's core and is for churches to decide.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

FLIP
FLOP
edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Yeah. I dont know why people care about politics. There is no honesty or accountability in the system. Candidates can say whatever they want.

When will people learn to not vote?

P.S. I honestly dont see why people who are not gay should be against gay marriage. It doesnt even affect you, and if you can contribute to two people being happier, why not? Humans have to learn to not try and control everything so it fits into their little tiny box of comfort. D.S.

edit on 6-9-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by foodstamp

B S . Why don't you homosexuals and "Gay Supporters" just admit that you do not believe in God; do not believe homosexuality is an abomination (Obamanation) and that what you really want is the Tax Advantages and leave the rest of us alone! Do I flaunt my sexual preferences in public? NO so how about you "Gays" just keep your private business to yourselves and stop trying to force us to concede that it is normal and okay, it is not and never will be and when you subject our children to your sickness you are really just asking for trouble.

edit on 6-9-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

What gays really want is the same rights as everyone else in this country has. No where in the constitution does it say homosexuals can't marry it says all men are to be treated equally. Not all straight men are to be treated equal and screw everybody else. If you don't want you kids to see gays or know anything about gays then lock them in the basement and throw away the key. Romney cares nothing about the Constitution because he doesn't want to treat people equally he would rather have his delusion called religion set the law of this land and if he ever read anything about what the founding fathers thought about religion then he would know it isn't supposed to be that way.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Who cares what the bible says? The bible doesn't set the law of this land. Religion is nothing more than a base form of mind control. And if you listen to some of these nutjobs you begin to wonder where the little thing called common sense went.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

It was all about protecting our rights FROM government and small government was the intention of the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
PEOPLE PEOPLE the difference is Mitt Romney morally opposes gay marriage, Obama has made it clear its an issue for the state's themselves to sort out. Im not a political fan PERIOD but separation of church and state comes to mind here, which romney is obviously NOT in support of.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This is really old news... But I digress..

Despite me being infuriated by Mitt Romney because of his backwards morality, unrealistic worldview, his extreme disconnection to the middle-class and lower-class, etc. ...And despite me being blatantly and (somewhat) actively pro-gay-rights...

The old Veteran DID ask Romney for his opinion and that's exactly what Romney gave, albeit it was probably a fictitious one that he was hoping to use to just to get a vote.

My point is... If you're going to be angry about someone's -opinion- perhaps you shouldn't ask them. Because it's an opinion, and they're every bit as entitled to it as you are yours.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by Cuervo

So should Mitt have said he supported gay marriage to appease this guy? I applaud any politician that is consistent, and doesn't just tell people what they want to hear.

Mitt Romney was pro gay-rights at the start of his career. He's also a major investor in a fetus-disposal company while stating publicly that he's against abortion.

So certainly this isn't the guy you want to applaud for honesty.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join