It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Accidentally Confronts A Gay Veteran; Awesomeness Ensues

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by Tardacus

WRONG AGAIN, Marriage is entirely a Religion Based Institution and unions are define as follows:

I was under this assumption too and had argued in support of that "fact" on another thread. Only to find that I was wrong. So overwhelmingly wrong that only a quick google search was all I needed to find out I was incorrect. Marriage was created by the state/government. Or, If you go back farther, the leaders of tribes sanctioned marriages. It was hundreds of years later before the vatican took over control of unions between people. And another hundred before the took it over fully. So no sir... You are incorrect, as was I.

True but many Pagan religions started before Judaism. There for some things aren't true which came before Judaism.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

WRONG AGAIN, Marriage is entirely a Religion Based Institution and unions are define as follows:

I was under this assumption too and had argued in support of that "fact" on another thread. Only to find that I was wrong. So overwhelmingly wrong that only a quick google search was all I needed to find out I was incorrect. Marriage was created by the state/government. Or, If you go back farther, the leaders of tribes sanctioned marriages. It was hundreds of years later before the vatican took over control of unions between people. And another hundred before the took it over fully. So no sir... You are incorrect, as was I.

Wrong . marriage as defined in religion is a intimate or close union that ties. this usually occurs by natural law. if this natural law wasnt instilled in us we would never survive as a society.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

mitt romney was dodging the war in 67 lol.

he could have made more of the usa troops mormons in the war, than he made frenchman mormons.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Right ! Leviticus Chapter 18 Verse 22 says it pretty clear and its writtings have been around longer than when Christ walked the earth. It Reads:

"You Shall NOT lay down with a man as with a woman, it is an ABOMINATION" !

Yea, but notice carefully that the Old Testament says nothing about woman laying down with woman.

That's because in the old days, like the days of King Solomon, a man could have many wives. Solomon had 800 wives. And since the King couldn't lay down each night with all those 800 wives, God had to be a little lenient on women, and allow them to lay with each other while waiting for the King to get around to them. So, those wives kept each other occupied, since they couldn't have outside men as lovers, they naturally had to rely on each other for a little affection.

It's only in the New Testament that lesbianism is outlawed. [ Romans 1:26 ]

Prior to Jesus, Lesbians were accepted, only Gays were rejected. Jesus changed things. So, from that point on, 2000 years ago both Lesbians and Gays were equally abhorrent.

Now, however, since Jesus hasn't showed up, and God has gone missing, even the Democratic party has now excluded God and accepted Homosexuals instead, so the world has changed indeed.

Today, it's all good. You can have sex with anyone, and anything, and be proud that you can express your sexuality whatever way you want, not how God wants, or some Politician or Religious Leader wants, but according to your own fancy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by Cuervo

So should Mitt have said he supported gay marriage to appease this guy? I applaud any politician that is consistent, and doesn't just tell people what they want to hear.

He should of said "I'm a liar and a turncoat, and no-body should trust me, homophobic or otherwise" - but as you said, he's a politician, and he's got to uphold the illusion of consistency to keep the votes.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

Wrong . marriage as defined in religion is a intimate or close union that ties. this usually occurs by natural law. if this natural law wasnt instilled in us we would never survive as a society.

Well, If you equivocate a union that comes about naturally as a form of marriage then yes. But I think your the only one who would consider that marriage. If we considered that marriage. Then there would be no desire to marry! Duh... Lol

You look in an actual dictionary and you get the REAL definition.

"A. The social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. Antonyms: separation.

B. A similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage. Antonyms: separation.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think this has to be the most embarrassing incident to occur during Mitt Romney's campaign and this wonderful war veteran deserves all the credit he gets and him and his husband deserve to be treat with the same equality and respect shown to straight people. Romney has shown throughout his campaign how ridiculous his ideology is and I sincerely hope that this video goes viral and American's keep Romney out of the White House.
edit on 6-9-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Well, If you equivocate a union that comes about naturally as a form of marriage then yes. But I think your the only one who would consider that marriage. If we considered that marriage. Then there would be no desire to marry! Duh... Lol

You look in an actual dictionary and you get the REAL definition.

"A. The social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. Antonyms: separation.

B. A similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage. Antonyms: separation.

Exactly, if people want to talk about natural law then that means between a man and a woman. WHAT DO ANIMALS NATURALLY DO? Have relationships with the opposite sex. lol

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

Exactly, if people want to talk about natural law then that means between a man and a woman. WHAT DO ANIMALS NATURALLY DO? Have relationships with the opposite sex. lol

Actually, it's quite common in the animal kingdom. Do you not read?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So by your definition, gay people are already married. They have an intimate, close union that ties. I guess you just shot yourself in the foot.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

Actually, it's quite common in the animal kingdom. Do you not read?

Hey! Where you been?

I expect the GOP will have more awkward moments such as this - - as time goes on.

Gays are no longer afraid.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

B S . Why don't you homosexuals and "Gay Supporters" just admit that you do not believe in God; do not believe homosexuality is an abomination (Obamanation) and that what you really want is the Tax Advantages and leave the rest of us alone! Do I flaunt my sexual preferences in public? NO so how about you "Gays" just keep your private business to yourselves and stop trying to force us to concede that it is normal and okay, it is not and never will be and when you subject our children to your sickness you are really just asking for trouble.

edit on 6-9-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The bigger question might be....

Why didn't the vet try and kiss mit? huh???? ...... what..... did he not find Mit attractive enough??? Come on give gramps a kiss n he'll let you sit on his knee too Mit

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

So should Mitt have said he supported gay marriage to appease this guy? I applaud any politician that is consistent, and doesn't just tell people what they want to hear.

Except I'm pretty sure I' ve seen some of these same "consistent" politicians like this, flip flop like fish out of water on certain issues.

Agreed, however, that it would have looked even worse for him to lie to appease one guy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

My personal view is shared by a majority of Americans, but you clearly are in the minority on this issue.
There is nothing AWESOME about gay and lesbian relationships. While you sit there
behind your keyboard pondering how to answer this, let's be CLEAR and STRAIGHT about
the facts.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that the rest of your post will be anything but "facts"? Let's see...

God called Gay and Lesbian relationships an ABOMINATION - Reference the Book of Leviticus,
Chapter 18, verse 22 .... It reads " You shall not lay down with man as with a woman, it is an ABOMINATION".

What does your godling have to do with our law? He also said women must marry their rapists. Your god is the last source I'd go to for marriage advice.

Christ did NOT approve of homosexual behavior, just like His father GOD did not.

Really? Tell me where Jesus is quoted in the bible even referencing homosexuality. All I see is a lot of preaching about brotherly love. Ironic.

You know the DIFFERENCE between WRONG and RIGHT and continuing to sin in this manner is a CHOICE you are making. I hope you can stomach the CONSEQUENCES when they come for it. Hell will not be a lonely
place for the lot of you and it will not be fun for you either.

I think your judgmental bigotry is a sin. I do not think homosexuality is. Don't worry, I don't hate you, just your sin.

What you choose to do in the PRIVACY of your HOME is YOUR business.

Now you are getting it. So stay out of their business by saying they cannot be legally recognized as married.

Flaunting your SEXUAL ORIENTATION in PUBLIC will bring Prejudice, Ridicule and Condemnation upon you.
YOU BRING IT UPON YOU because of your lack of MORALS. No one but YOU are responsible for what other people say to YOU about YOUR BEHAVIOR.

Flaunting? That's what getting married is? Ok... well we better tell all these heterosexual couples out there to "stop flaunting".

You are thumbing your nose at GOD and doing it in HIS FACE. Not a wise move I might add, giving His statement on the matter in Leviticus.

My, my... quite the presumptuous one, aren't you? I think it is very wise to thumb my nose at absolutely everything and everybody that wants to devalue our freedom and rights... then, hell yeah, I'm totally thumbing my nose at that guy.

So if somebody from your book calls for the enslaving of people, the killing of children, and numerous other atrocities... I'm not going to do any of those things and I'm also not going to care if he doesn't like gay people. He kinda lost me at "kill this, hate that, you are a sinner, blah blah".

At least your Jesus had it right. Find me any direct quote of him talking about this issue.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

B S . Why don't you homosexuals and "Gay Supporters" just admit that you do not believe in God; do not believe homosexuality is an abomination (Obamanation) and that what you really want is the Tax Advantages and leave the rest of us alone! Do I flaunt my sexual preferences in public? NO so how about you "Gays" just keep your private business to yourselves and stop trying to force us to concede that it is normal and okay, it is not and never will be and when you subject our children to your sickness you are really just asking for trouble.

You show a clear lack of respect and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself. You are also being extremely offence towards the LGBT community and I sincerely hope you refrain further from posting these ridiculous outbursts. Whether your gay or not it makes no difference to the type of person you are, whether you have intercourse in different ways makes no difference whatsoever and finally you are the only person subjecting anyone to sickness with your disgusting post. I really hope and pray you overcome your homophobia.

Before you reply back no, I am not gay but no matter what sexuality you are, what colour, what creed, what background you have had, we all deserve the same rights and entitlements. Your comments are typical of someone who is stuck in the 70's and 80's.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Amen to that! He certainly didn't flip/flop and looked him straight in the eyes when he gave him an answer. You see there's a difference between someone with no moral fiber and is willing to vote any which way just to get as many votes as possible. The current administration is trying to get rid of God, and the other is sticking to his beliefs.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There is nothing to admire here in Mr. Romney's honesty. There is no risk for him in speaking his neanderthal views on the world, or his hate disguised as faith. The people that will put him in power feel exactly the same way, and they have his back. He is speaking for them. Do you admire the little loudmouth that stands in front of six mindless giants, for his confidence and bravery as he goes around picking on people?
edit on 6-9-2012 by tasteslikethunder because: had to put a comma to sleep.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Totally agreed, it's so funny all the gay's want to get married & explain away BS reasons like actually loving each other. If you love each other already, why should it even matter. If they know God rejects them, then why do they want anything to do with God, or something that involves God in the first place? I mean seriously, we all know they just want the benefits marriage includes. It's hilarious too, my uncle is Gay and he doesn't go around wearing dresses announcing how gay he is, all over the place like some of they gays do. I wouldn't mind if the gays could have a civil union on paper so they could get the benefits they want, without the actual ceremony, it's what they want anyway. Coming from an actual gay person is this, when asked about marriage.:

Why do straight people want to get married?

How about legally sharing property and parental rights? How about receiving death benefits if your partner should die? How about health benefits from a working spouse's employer covering a non-working spouse staying home with children?

There are LOTS of LEGAL benefits to marriage. < not really a shock to me either. I totally understand why they thought homosexuality stemmed from certain personality disorders. From my opinion, I see them always talking about sex, the ones who always stray/cheat, the ones who can never commit. Most of them are so unstable they can't have any sort of relationship. I've had gay friends and gay family my entire life, I tell them this & they admit they're whores. Do I care what any of you think about my belief? No. Nor am I going to change what I think and believe. My uncle who is gay also doesn't think Gay marriage is right. We've spoke about this before. So why do all these attention seekers keep screaming?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Say what, Romney fans? Unconstitutional legislation? What's that? You support him?

Okay, as long as we're straight on that...
edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join