It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories in a box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A recent thread about a junk drawer posted by SUGARCOOKIE Inspired me to start this thread.

I have so many memories stored that I have no room to live. But I will never let them go.

I am far from being a hoarder but I will keep certain things till I die.

Maybe we can share some things that others think are silly to keep but that we would never let go!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My dignity.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Are you implying that I have none? Or is that how you really feel?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am truly sorry. I forgot where I was for a minute.

I should have asked how to protect my memories from the ZOMBIES.

Or maybe stated that the democrats or republicans were stealing them.

I may have got some action then! lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Perhaps if you were a bit more clear on what you're asking you'd get responses!!

Are you looking for memories or just genuine junk that we keep our whole lives because it reminds of us something?

Or perhaps you've had to much bourbon and don't know what you mean!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My son made this in 3rd grade art class and gave it to me as a birthday present.

If you can't tell what it is, it's a ball made of construction paper colored, cut into triangles and pasted together. I've had it for 17 years.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
I am truly sorry. I forgot where I was for a minute.

I should have asked how to protect my memories from the ZOMBIES.

Or maybe stated that the democrats or republicans were stealing them.

I may have got some action then! lol

Sometimes you can use /cprivate and then right click on your chest. It will protect your chest from being opened by griefers and zombies. Not that zombies want to get into your chest. But if you make enough private chests you can build a small house out of them and keep all your memories in there, which will make it impossible for anyone to break in and steal them.

I don't think there are dems or republicans around much. Usually autocratic tyrants and the occasional griefer that gains access to the world, turning all your wooden blocks into sand.

If all else fails, LAVA TRAPS!!!!!!

Personally, and this is a strange one.. I have a bag of hair that I had when I was a kid. I had super long hair, and when I cut it, I couldn't bare let it go. Still sits in a drawer to this day.. lol

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Im sorry for not being more specific. I am talking about things I have kept for ever that have no meaning whatsoever to anyone but me.

For example I have my third grade work books, all the letters from my highshool girlfreind, every gift I think my kids ever gave me.

Things that my kids think are trash and I should get rid of them.

By the way, I no longer drink alcohol!
edit on 9/6/2012 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

That is what Im talking about. I have similar things boxed away.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite

Im sorry for not being more specific. I am talking about things I have kept for ever that have no meaning whatsoever to anyone but me.

For example I have my third grade work books, all the letters from my highshool girlfreind, every gift I think my kids ever gave me.

Things that my kids think are trash and I should get rid of them.

By the way, I no longer drink alcohol!
edit on 9/6/2012 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

Oh in that case I've got some things too. I still have the BATMAN costume I wore when I was 11 for Halloween (I'm 34 now) and I have no idea why.I've also got some rocks (i kid you not) that a girl I liked in 5th grade gave me
I too,have letters from high school girlfriends.I still have a stupid mixtape one made from middle school somewhere.New kids on the block anyone?

And OH!!! My garbage pail kids cards. I will never ever throw them away.But I could go on and on and on about some crap that I have but that'd take up ten pages.

And I was just joking about the bourbon thing,it was a joke about your name dude

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I still have one of my daughters softball t-shirts. I think the funniest and most precious to me is the matching coffee mug and hat that say: FOR SALE: ONE USED DAD NEEDS LOTS OF WORK Those were given to me on Fathers Day lol

top topics

join