It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our God...The Sun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No, there are topics that extremely interest me: Infinity. Sun/Star, Universe, Holograms, ET, Spiritual and Religion, Comparative Religions, Truth.

Also, synchronicity occurs often. When you post something, a related subject is there as well, as Spirit leads us inside, pointing things out to reinforce our inner directions.

Every noticed that. You have a dream or idea merge and then there are 3 or more threads related to this pop up out of nowhere. Nothing related to this for some time before hand though.

That is one of the ways Spirit directs us.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thankfully I am not beholden to you so my participation will continue. When you address divinity eg. Our God...The Sun? Then worship comes into the picture. It is not debasing to have respect and humility toward your creator. It might be debasing if your ego will not allow you to accept any higher than yourself, is that the issue? You speak of logic then delve into speculation. You talk about attributes of God well how about you use your logic and apply it to the sun and see if stands? It wont.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Unity_99

...are you trolling?

You ask for opinions......so the question is are you trolling?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Our opinions different, and quite frankly, you piss me off. So I'm no longer discussing the matter with you. I'm not telling you you are wrong, I am saying you are to respect me on my thread.

Have a good one.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Can't say I agree with that, because it could just as easily be coincidence. But whatever.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Our opinions different, and quite frankly, you piss me off. So I'm no longer discussing the matter with you. I'm not telling you you are wrong, I am saying you are to respect me on my thread.

Have a good one.

So much for logical discourse, You could have just stated in the OP that you only want answers that conform to your worldview.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Alright. Then we'll play it your way. But don't think I don't know what you're doing here.

Thankfully I am not beholden to you so my participation will continue. When you address divinity eg. Our God...The Sun? Then worship comes into the picture. It is not debasing to have respect and humility toward your creator.

Is it debasing to make your children bow to you when they enter your house? Is it humiliating to force them to slaughter their pets in your name? Is it degrading that they should pray to you so that you don't force them to starve for the entire week?

If that's your idea of "respect and humility are healthy", then you are one sick, depraved psycho.

It might be debasing if your ego will not allow you to accept any higher than yourself, is that the issue?

I don't believe in the Biblical god. If such a being exists, I will gladly spit in his face.

You speak of logic then delve into speculation. You talk about attributes of God well how about you use your logic and apply it to the sun and see if stands? It wont.

Speaking from the viewpoint of solipsism, can you prove that I exist? Can you prove I am not a figment of your imagination? Speaking from said viewpoint, the entire world is speculation. Every day, we are forced to concede that we are wrong about things, because if we knew nearly as much as we pretend to, we wouldn't be making the same mistakes over and over again.

We're fundamentally insane as a species. And you want to tear me a new rectal cavity for speculation? Speculation is all we f****ing have!!!

Are you done yet?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The sun is something tangible and observable. 'Our God' isn't. Although I would agree that all notions of Gods and heavenly beings began by looking to the skies.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The sun is something tangible and observable. 'Our God' isn't.

Care to elaborate? I don't see a whole lot of "this is my logical discernment"....
edit on 10-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The sun is something tangible and observable. 'Our God' isn't.

Oh, so a god has to be intangible? Do tell me where you become so knowledgeable on the subject?
edit on 10-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

What I said was our god isn't tangible. And by that I mean the God defined in the dictionary. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Or do I need to explain it to you?

God |gäd|
noun
1 [without article ] (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
2 ( god) (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity : a moon god | an incarnation of the god Vishnu.
• an image, idol, animal, or other object worshiped as divine or symbolizing a god.
• used as a conventional personification of fate : he dialed the number and, the gods relenting, got through at once.
3 ( god) an adored, admired, or influential person : he has little time for the fashion victims for whom he is a god.
• a thing accorded the supreme importance appropriate to a god : don't make money your god.
4 ( the gods) informal the gallery in a theater.
• the people sitting in this area.

Is the sun the creator and ruler of the universe and source of moral authority? I guess it may be too complicated for some.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

And by that I mean the God defined in the dictionary. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Or do I need to explain it to you?

Cut the condescension crap, if you will. You don't need to be disrespectful - or do I need to explain that to you?

Is the sun the creator and ruler of the universe and source of moral authority? I guess it may be too complicated for some.

It's only too complicated if, by some twist of fate, you find yourself unable to pull your head out of the Church's ass.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Can't say I agree with that, because it could just as easily be coincidence. But whatever.

It happens online to me alot. And I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

And by that I mean the God defined in the dictionary. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Or do I need to explain it to you?

Cut the condescension crap, if you will. You don't need to be disrespectful - or do I need to explain that to you?

It's only too complicated if, by some twist of fate, you find yourself unable to pull your head out of the Church's ass.

Well I suppose you could have made it more clear. I should have know instead of talking about "our god," you were talking about your God.

In North America, the prevailing god is the God of the bible. If you were talking about Ra or other sun gods, you could have at least insinuated that. But you left it completely open for interpretation.

Oh and by the way, your attitude towards the other opinions in this thread, which are just as valid as yours, is mightily dogmatic of you. You should at least try to practice what you preach my friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleMikey
The sun is made of a lot of Hydrogen... Hydrogen is Element #1... Hmmmm...

Maybe the Elites worship the Hydrogen bomb...

Oh my! Mr. Satan, the articial sun, the opposite of the sun, wormwood, nibiru. If you ever catch Obama's reverse speech, (yesterday was trying to find the one out of many I've seen that related to a thread asking how TPTB get politicians to be their puppets, but couldn't find it, would take too long). But I will say what he has said in reverse: something about Bush and Cheney putting something in him. So I guess they are chipped and controlled??? In reverse he seems frantic, like someone trying to be good, forced otherwise. He talks about the Gulf, and their nukes,they nuked the BP, Jefferson leline there, they're poisoning everyone. He mentions nukes alot and the mark alot. And that we're all dead, everyone is dead. And in relation to BP, he says they made him guilty, tied him into their crime.

I've read on Fukushima, on the original nuking of the two Japanese cities, and how Japan is symbolically Michael, so Christ and the Sun, and they even had a very long plan for this with a Catholic or Christian city being the one city like this in Japan, ie. one of the 2 targets was that city.

Christian martyrs! All symbollic of their Mayan sacrifices and their Mr. Satan, Nuclear.

But what I fail to get is how they think anything in the shadow ie, this illusion of reality, is even real and that includes their nuclear or radiation.

We are not the same energy this shadow universe is made of. We are Light and Love and Goodness and we need to remember this.

I don't see them as winning anything but a big fat sticker on their heads saying, Renegade come and arrest me, to the real Higher Ups!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well I suppose you could have made it more clear. I should have know instead of talking about "our god," you were talking about your God.

I don't believe in any gods. I believe in a law, a principle, which can be compared to a god (thus the confusion) but has not a single anthropomorphic quality.

In North America, the prevailing god is the God of the bible. If you were talking about Ra or other sun gods, you could have at least insinuated that. But you left it completely open for interpretation.

Again, I'm not talking about the traditional sense of the god. The only reason I used that word was because it's the easiest way to impart the general idea I was trying to convey.

Oh and by the way, your attitude towards the other opinions in this thread, which are just as valid as yours, is mightily dogmatic of you. You should at least try to practice what you preach my friend.

I don't take well to being attacked or talked down to, and I often respond in kind.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I don't believe in any gods. I believe in a law, a principle, which can be compared to a god (thus the confusion) but has not a single anthropomorphic quality.

Again, I'm not talking about the traditional sense of the god. The only reason I used that word was because it's the easiest way to impart the general idea I was trying to convey.

I understand now. I apologize for not understanding what you were attempting to convey.

You might be correct in saying the sun provides the law to which we live by. Very interesting idea. I might add that water too has that same quality. We are indeed bound to both.

I don't take well to being attacked or talked down to, and I often respond in kind.

I do the same. I was replying to petty sarcasm with petty sarcasm—which luckily I quoted before you edited it away. If I would have read your more civil updated response, I would have responded in kind.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This theory has always made the most sense to me. Nice find! They talked about this in the first zeitgeist doc i believe.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Shakawkaw because: too elevated to spell

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Many ancient myths are derived directly from the sun. If you look at it logically, the sun IS our god. We wouldn't exist without it and it drives pretty much all things on earth along with the moon. The sun is the light of the world, it provides everything we need to keep life going. The prior sun's supernova exploding is exactly what created earth. The sun as our god at least makes logical sense, and isn't some mythological metaphor. IMO people that worship the sun are the only ones at least being logical with their beliefs instead of appealing to some magical deity that nobody can confirm exists.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Great thread! If there is a GOD, you are indeed correct, it is the sun. Not the son. star and flag

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Anything which could induce evolution on Earth could be labeled as "godly". That's why you have elemental philosophies, like in Asia, where people do not worship a god, but elements like Fire, Air, Water and Earth. Life can't happen without the Sun, but it can't happen if you don't have water to develop in, or ground to stand on, or atmosphere to breathe. So technically, all elements could be considered as gods. And, if I remember correctly, even in the Bible itself God is in control of Elemental angels. So I agree with your OP, but also want to point out the Sun needs other elements for it to induce life evolution, so technically the sun is "godly".
edit on 12-11-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join