It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our God...The Sun?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, all evil is relative to the victim, and was turned out at right angles to itself by God through Christ (willing, blameless victim).

The only evil remaining is the systemic evil rooted in the ego-selfish-mind and pride of man.

And if there was a "devil" as some sort of president of hell, that's all wrapped up and thrown away in the end.

God as Truth, Life, and Love is all that remains. He even transcends the "role" of creator.

The creator was created
The destroyer was destroyed
The preserver was preserved

The implication of which is that we now reside within the domain of an eternal, evolutionary (progressive) recurrence, or in other words that it just keeps on getting better and better from here on in, once we're in our right relationship WITH God, and the possibility of hell or condemnation, removed ie: set free for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved - absolute liberation (hyperfreedom).

And if there's a devil remaining, we must take full responsibility for the devil within and bring him kicking and screeming if need be for a transformation at the foot of the cross so to speak.

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It's only your own ego which presumes that that's the case

And it's only our ego that demands human rights? It's only our ego which says that no man is greater than another, and we should all have the right to happiness?

but you're mistaken, since God is Love itself, the eternal love between the father and the son.

And yet he created sin? And hate? And all that good awful negative stuff? Funny how you consistently choose to ignore that inherent fact...

To humble ourselves before God is only appropriate, and is the beginning of wisdom and of knowledge where real knowledge is the knowledge of experience.

And you're one big pot of humble, right? Don't make me laugh.
oops, too late!

To reject God the Absolute and then elevate the self as God, is utter foolishness.

Only the foolish are wise.

All this and more is made possible by the work and word of Jesus Christ, who is like a gateway to God and to the holy of holies (unconditioned ground of all being and becoming) where God lives.

Because you read it in a book once, right?

What I see are young people with a healthy dose of rebellious teenage angst wanting access to the power of God, without the neccessary humility and virtue where virtue may be defined as power, restrained.

What I see is a fellow human without a single ounce of integrity to call his own, and so he begs forgiveness for being born the way he is. Even thought the being he begs forgiveness from is the reason he was born that way.

And you know what? I pity you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
And you know what? I pity you.

Don't bother. I've found the gate.

I pray for you, that you'll see the limits of your impulse both to power AND rebellion, which is not a good mix.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

When the government fears the people, it's a democracy. When the people fear the government, it's a tyranny.

That applies to your "God" as well. Rebellion is not always a bad thing. Sometimes, it's the only thing that's right.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What do you think? Is the "God" of our world actually the sun? And how would such phenomena affect our planet?

I agree that the Sun is the single most important component to life.

I tried to start a similar thread here, but I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the film Zeitgeist and it quickly fell apart!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If God and the reason for the creation, is love, then what is there to rebel against..?

The problem is the desire to rise up and replace God, which is a problem of the willful pride and arrogance, and ego-centric blind ignorance of man, who was made to be in relationship WITH God.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If God and the reason for the creation, is love, then what is there to rebel against..?

If you have to ask, then you won't understand my answer. Which, incidentally, is more than slightly rational.

The problem is the desire to rise up and replace God

You assume I want "God" replaced. Now you sound like an ass. ...Get it?

which is a problem of the willful pride and arrogance, and ego-centric blind ignorance of man, who was made to be in relationship WITH God.

Relationship implies equal standing, which is clearly not the case. My ego has nothing to do with this...logic does. Stop making this about me. Let's discuss the idiocies of your "God", shall we?

Again, shall I compose the list chronologically or alphabetically?
edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

My God's spiritual authority was established through the son's perfect obediance to the will of God the father as the will to love where his power was synonymous with his virtue and his virtue with his power, restrained.

Our will must be harnessed to the higher will, or it's just self will run riot.

Yes we were made to be in relationship WITH God, who, being God is infinitely greater than, yet through the son also equal to.

To access God we either need a gateway access point, or to be born again from above.

What you are attempting simply will not work as there's no other way in, and any other way, especially if it involves any sort of rebellion is sure to fail, because God's righteousness and absolute power has to be protected from thieves or the desire of selfish men or young men as the case may be to gain power for power's sake, yet without the humility even to be taught anything by another.

What for me is an open doorway, through Christ, is for you, an impenetrable wall. If you don't see it now, you will eventually.

The rebel, the willful one who craved all power, he was bound and double bound again, and everything he had of any value taken was away from him, where to he who already has more is given, and from he who thinks he has (or had) even what he thinks he has (or had) will be and has been taken away.

Power grabs don't work too well when we're talking about God, who always takes note of everything from every angle and perspective and from who's eye we cannot hide our deepest motivations. He who humbles himself will be exalted, but he who exalts himself will be humbled.

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm getting a little tired of you pretending you know everything.

Admit that all you have is theory, then let's discuss that theory using logic. Otherwise, you're just afraid of not knowing anything about the universe. Join the club, kid. It's not that bad.

Your spirituality is cheap, gross, disgusting, and exorbitantly plastic and totalitarian. It's no wonder you sound like a goat.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Your spirituality is cheap, gross, disgusting, and exorbitantly plastic and totalitarian. It's no wonder you sound like a goat.

Actually it's quite beautiful if you understood it, that a pattern has been made and a path already been laid for us, and most if not all the work done (except completing the circle of joy), such that we get to come into an inheritance preparted for us from before the foundation the world and are given the power to become children of God without any separation ie: in communion or koinonia. It's utterly magnificent if you only understood or were willing to consider it with an open mind free from contempt prior to investigation. If you knew what I was talking about, you'd also be interested in the idea of a participatory eschatology to get us as fast as possible to the end of what's no longer workable or functional, and to the beginning of a new creation / new beginning.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. See, there's a certain way you are observing my views, a certain emotional state you experience while reading my posts; that's exactly how I observe your views, but for empirical reasons, whereas your reasons stem from conditioning and sheer faith, neither of which holds up in the court of law.

Hell, they don't even hold up in an online forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Hell, they don't even hold up in an online forum.

That all depends on the evaluative discernment of the reader, doesn't it?

It''s so easy to read between the lines don't you know?

Anyway, sorry for taking your thread off-topic.

Back to God as the sun..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Our God...The Sun?,

Of course it is a matter of perception

To religious ones this would seem an insult against their beliefs.

To ancients the word god or goddess held a different meaning.
It meant a Universal Law

So in that respect yes the Sun is a god/godess - A Law of Nature
This does not conflict with the Idea of a One Creator.
As this was part of the ancient philosophy also
In respect that the One Creator made the Cosmos (Universe) and the Cosmos made the Sun which is scientifically corect

Therefore as a Law of the Nature of a One Creator the Sun is indeed a god (Natural Law)
It is our Sun our star and our god (Natural Law)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Let me be more specific. The sun is a form of Source...but one of the purer forms.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If you think about it, the sun is our god. I do believe that the origins of all the earliest religions point to the physical sun. They celebrated the solstices and the equinoxes. It makes the most sense. We could not exist without it, it fuels all things. The ancients had it right, it is us that have changed the meaning of everything over into into religions. The sun, the light of the world, the light of god, the sun of god. Indeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If you're going to talk about the sun as center and source, don't forget about the moon which provides dynamic equillibrium balancing for the oscillation of the seasons and the cycle of life. The moon also imitates the sun in many ways including the solstice and perihelion, which, except in symbolic terms for an observing human, has no apparent logical explanation (and none of the other moons in the solar system behave even remotely in this fashion).

The Moon is not only extremely odd in its construction; it also behaves in a way that is nothing less than miraculous. It is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse. Whilst we take this for granted it has been called the biggest coincidence in the universe.
Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Funny how that isn't mentioned in the Bible...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Funny how Jesus utilized it (sun/moon/earth relationship) for his great work, and how it formed the very schedule by which his life's work and ministry was enacted.. and how he used it at the cross to also perform a reverse-sting-hoodwink on those who put him there assuming they were controlling events.. lol

The Day of the Cross
www.bethlehemstar.net...

Perhaps you haven't (yet) considered what I would call the simplicity on the far side of complexity..

"It was the stone that was rejected by the builders that became the keystone."

It's at once beautiful, magnificent, and hiliarious, in many many more ways than one, and that's the beauty of it, that it's the joke that keeps on going, in the life that never ends from age to age and from creation to re-creation.
There's so much water, living water available and we're so thirsty - will we ever consider the possibility that it's freely available to one and all who thirst, as an all-inclusive, non-coersive and non-particularized open invitation..?

It's not so tough to take, and it's not an imposition upon the mind of man either!

"Come unto me all who are heavy laden and I will give you rest, because my burden is easy and my yoke is light. Do no be afraid or let your hearts be troubled because, look, I have overcome the world!"
~ JC

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So what is hate from? If god is the source of everything then he must be the source of hate as well. If god doesn't create evil then what does? Is there an equal but opposite version of god? How can anything else be an equal to your god?

God is both love and hate, light and dark, good and evil. It is the spectrum in which all opposites are a part of which means it is not concerned about anything that goes on in our tiny lives. What would something so powerful and so awesome gain from having us worship him? Does your god have an ego? That's the only explanation I can think of to justify him requiring worship.

Hate/fear (darkness) is the absence of love (light)
This is a fundamental principle in Christianity and in turn, science, as the creator intended from the beginning.
Many people will never understand until they're touched by the divine hand upon their heart. It's definately real, you just have to LET GO and believe there is a divine purpose for everything under the son, our true father (manifest in the flesh as Christ)
Sadly, many kids are trying to find God in the clubs or in other dark places.
Now, it's not necessarily a sin to club, as intention is everything in this world, you will find.

God is love, the universe, his gift to us. It's beautiful.

Hopefully that cleared up some things for you. I have some work to do so I will be back later to check out your responses. Keep asking questions! I was once lost to one true God, but then I simply asked him to show me the way.. It was scary at first to let go, I admit.

Peace

edit on 6-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ummmmmm no.

Why would God be the Sun? The Sun will eventually die. The Sun only exists due to fuel, when that fuel eventually depletes itself, the Sun will die, then eventually "POW".

The sun creates heat and radiation. That is it.

It's only it's secondary effects that sustain life on this planet due to distance etc etc bla bla bla.

If the Sun were God, wasn't I made in his likeness? Therefore I am the Sun. Or is that a load of complete rubbish just like the Pulp.........The Bible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join