It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suffering the loss of Stars and Stripes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While reading through a recent thread I saw a myriad of responses. Pro's and Con's but the theme was in general Patriotism. While the Pro's were not in the least over the top with Delusions of Grandeur the Cons were a mixed bag of "Hell No we wont go".

This thread which I really dont know how to respond has given me pause. I have to wonder, taking possession of my own convictions, if these responses would have been the same just a few years ago.

So I guess I have to say that in search of a right or wrong response, I have found a true moral conviction that each of us, including my self must live with.

What I have then to question is why, if only for political gain, have the leaders of our Nation allowed us to be separated from our own patriotic vision and divided us into haves and haven'ts, Republican and Democrats. They our elected leaders have turned a very blind eye to the true separation of our Great Nation. To stay in office. By doing so they have created a perpetual vacuum of power their dysfunction has created only to facilitate promotion of their own businesses at the sacrifice of ours. The need to settle for one evil lessor than the other so that my self included can hope to have a dream attainable at least by some margin of effort spent.

I hope that somehow at least just one can identify with my own dysfunction seen here and realize that we must take back our nation and stop paying jackasses to do our work for us.

It is by this token I say it has to stop now. All of it. stop and if need be burn to the ground, and every rotten stink with it, so that in the end the Phoenix Rise from the ashes and a new beginning take place.

What I expect is well, sadly, tomorrow is another day and with the gasoline pump prices, Lost homes, more loss of jobs that America will shut its problems away by either a door or a blanket and do it all again the next day.

There will be no hope, no change yet another day

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well as a Dem/ liberal believe it or not
I'm with you on this.
Well said through and through.

But let's not burn it down just yet.
Give hope and Change a non obstructive congress
and I bet you'll see the fear was for not.
Well.. unless your a billionaire oil man.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
pure profit... as long as the corrupt bastards westerners call "leaders" can earn their bloodmoney from the oppression... tyrany and terror they cause in their country and around the world they dont give a rats arse about the people... patriotism and flag waving are one of their favorite tools for conning the idiots to go fight ... murder and die so that the blood money flows into their bank accounts... human life means less than nothing to them... patriotism is for fools and idiots too stupid to think for themselves only gets people killed...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

isnt this noted through the ages though?

More an issue with mankind in general, though I am speaking of America.

note that I can no longer argue with your position and understand you points

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by Expat888

isnt this noted through the ages though?

More an issue with mankind in general, though I am speaking of America.

note that I can no longer argue with your position and understand you points

true .. been that way down through the ages ... shows how little people learn from the lessons of history when they continue the same self-destructive paths that those who went before them did.. aside from the names of nations nothing really changes... humans have far to go before they grow up and move beyond acting like savages... patriotism / nationalism are some of the oldest tools in the book because they're still effective ... just like the other tool - religion that is used to get them to butcher each other in order for the so-called "leaders to profit...

edit on 5/9/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc... translation clarifications...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
rebellender

We are trapped in what I have called an era of broken trust..In in these times of great recession, bailouts, high unemployment the confidence in Congress has plunged to an all time low.

Americans have steadily lost faith in government, its agencies and many of our other basic institutions..If this nation can get rid of the business greed that sought "cheaper" production sources by virtual slave labor, if we can get rid of this type of government maybe things could change..

Things may get better for a while here and there, but the truth is that we are caught in a long term spiral of economic decline from which there is no escape.

rebellender i agree we must take back our nation and stop paying jackasses to do our work for us im just hopeing its not to late..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

join