It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inca Tomb found in Machu Picchu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just got this one, as I usually say....seems to be too fresh to have english versions, can't wait for that.

Translation:

The staff of the Regional Directorate of Culture of Cusco found a peculiar architecture funerary structure at the top, northeast sector of the hill called Uñawaynapicchu,

The tomb measures 1.2 meters long and 75 centimeters wide and was empty, said the director of the Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu, Fernando Astete Victoria. In the place of the discovery were finely carved stone elements.

For its strategic direction facing the wall and Apu Machu Picchu Putucusi follows that in this area would have been buried a distinguished personage Inca.

The director of the Machu Picchu Archaeological Park said during the excavation was found that several items had been altered lithic and removed from their original location, they were found at the bottom.

Unlike the tombs in Machu Picchu intervened since the time of Hiram Bingham, which usually are located under rocks and stone pieces are built with rustic-this construction is located at the top of a hill and has finely carved blocks.

Astete Victoria reported that in the near future archaeological research be conducted to determine the most important aspects of this construction Inca. Later, he shall be to restore knowledge of the visitors.

www.rpp.com.pe...

www.larepublica.pe...
edit on 5-9-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I found an english source :

www.andina.com.pe...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
coooooooool!

*rushes off to read the link*

...[edit] - well, this kinda ruined it for me.

However, the tomb, he said, is completely destroyed, and no bones, pottery or ornaments were found inside, meaning all items were likely stolen.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join