It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delegates at convention boo, hiss, jeer...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That's right folks, Delegates at the DNC Boo, Hiss and jeered, when the Democrats Flipped Flopped and put G@D and Jerusalem, back into the mix,,,,,,,,, Yes, I know,,,,most on the Left don't care,,,, but it seems there are some Liberal Delegates that Do Care!

Delegates and members of the Democratic party booed after former Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH) discussed God and moved to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The party reinstated language from the 2008 platform that said "we need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Why,,,, Why do you think some would care?

Embarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Democrats had approved a platform on Tuesday that made no mention of God or Jerusalem. Instead, it expressed "unshakable commitment to Israel's security."

news.yahoo.com...
They must of been under pressure,,,,,,from whom,,,,,, or what,,,,, the church?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the possibility of losing, is the pressure they are under.

and before anyone says "the separation of church and state."

the phrase "the separation of church and state" does not exist anywhere in the constitution.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

the phrase "the separation of church and state" does not exist anywhere in the constitution.

Meh...I'm a christian, and I don't have a problem with IMPARTIAL treatment of faiths (or the lack thereof) by government, but the first amendment DOES appear in...or after...the constitution.

As I read it, though, it just means the government can't set up an official religion or show preference to one religious (or non) faith over another. A level playing field and equal air time for all.

Honestly - might just be best if they stayed out of it altogether...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I was disappointed to hear the inclusion of those references at the convention.

Leaving out the mention of God and Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel showed a strong, progressive move in the right direction for the country. Re-including them only shows that even the supposed 'left' are willing to kowtow to religious zealotry and Israel's stranglehold over US international policy.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
AP sources revealed that Obama forced the inclusion through.

Obviously trying to be diplomatic, but the US has for several administrations a policy that Tel Aviv is the capital.

2 state solution, United Nations zone, etc... unless all these die, controversy/contradictions will continue.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
embarrasing

and a flip flop the GOP will pounce on

idiots

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow Democrats will sell their soul to pander to any voting group

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
Wow Democrats will sell their soul to pander to any voting group

trouble is.....

this time they have attempted to con both sides of the "religious" and the "Israel" issues

The Democrats have out-conned themselves this time

The "Jewish" vote may go to Romney now.

I wonder if they can spell *doubletalk* backwards?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Republicans should be flattered.

Year after year the Democrats keep creeping more and more to the right, for various reasons and when they see the power rhetoric and such has......they try to emulate that out of desperation.

I think they should be who they are, don't be afraid of what the Right says and quit trying to copy the NeoCon playbook.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The "Jewish" vote may go to Romney now.
Romney always HAD the Jewish Vote.

He must serve his true Master First, and he promised to War with Iran.

That crazy guy Obama is only thinking of American Lives, the Nerve of that guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Nope, sorry. The Jewish vote in the U.S, generally goes to the Democrat.
www.haaretz.com...

He has lost a slight percentage, most likely due to the Israeli issue.

This shows how damn useless the Democrats are. They are so utterly terrified of the Republicans they just kowtow whenever they say a word. Maybe we should make some sensible policy choices instead of spending our time worrying about religious loons are worried about.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
the possibility of losing, is the pressure they are under.

Nor does free slaves.

Constitution was not written by god.

But since your fond of 200+ year old philosophy directing our modern society, here is something for you

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

Whats that last bit by one of the founding fathers?
ohg, right..wall of seperation. hmm..wonder what he meant by that.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why does the US care so much about Israel anyway? I never understood this obsession with that country.

It doesn't mean squat to me. I don't know anyone personally who gives two #s about it save an old couple who is actually from there. So why is it treated like an organ we can't live without?

But hey, I'm an evil libertarian type so what do I know.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Another bad decision by the one that has problems making decisions.
Obama is trying to please all of the people all of the time.
A man of his intellect should know by now that never works, but then again he also picked Biden as a running mate.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

A man of his intellect should know by now that never works, but then again he also picked Biden as a running mate

Then again, he's not quite the intellectual giant he's been portrayed as... Not stupid by any means, but not Einstein either.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Why does the US care so much about Israel anyway? I never understood this obsession with that country.

Oh that's easy, (I'm sure you already know this, but i'll explain for the rest of the board).
en.wikipedia.org...

This is an old strain of eschatology that believe it or not was actually never recognized until recently. They believe if we don't support Israel the heavens will smite us with a curse. Ask anything you want guys, I was raised in one of these crazy households. I can tell ya almost everything about this insanity.

Yes, our foreign policy is dictated by a group of nuts who think it's the end of the world. Are you scared yet?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Any way the wind blows right? Tends to effect the light weights more than the heavy weights.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by antonia

I never understood that either.

If these people honestly believe the rapture or whatever is one nuked desert away then why all the effort to try and delay it? It's all supposed to be better when the ball gets rolling, right? Are they so full of hubris and vanity that they think foreign policy can prevent the Apocalypse or are the folks in charge smarter than we give them credit for and simply using this dark ages fear to manipulate the apparently vast numbers of voting morons out there?

If they really believed in this end times nonsense I figure theyd just go ahead and charge into the thousand years of peace head first with a volley of ICBM's.

Maybe they're just like some wrist cutting weakling looking for attention type rather than the all said and done shotgun to the tonsils type.

A country being run by true rapture psychotics would be more interesting than this half-measure bull.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by antonia

If they really believed in this end times nonsense I figure theyd just go ahead and charge into the thousand years of peace head first with a volley of ICBM's.

Maybe they're just like some wrist cutting weakling looking for attention type rather than the all said and done shotgun to the tonsils type.

There is a reason the Republican party has been pretty much taken over by the "Christian Right". They actually do want to start that war.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.alternet.org... ns%22

This is probably the most "libertarian" source i could find you might find interesting.
www.washingtonsblog.com... -rile-them-up-to-justify-war-against-iran.html

So yeah, we may get our hellfire and brimstone with a side of a few billion dead soon. I actually think it's a combo of religious people being manipulated and doing that manipulation at the same time.
edit on 5-9-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

top topics

<<   2 >>

join