It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's richest woman calls for Australian workers to be paid $2 a day to compete with Africans

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda

Luckily not too many Africans find their way into Australian mines. However in manufacturing, 2 Dollars a day or up there is already a reality. Its good for you, if you invested in Apple or any of the myriad of companies that profit from cheap cheap labour. edit on 6-9-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given) Yeah if you ALREADY have millions or billions TO INVEST! Go back to sleep dummy.

My point still stands. It isnt just the Millionairs who own stock and get excited about rising stock prices. And people are too happy to buy cheap, where the savings are passed on to the consumer to a significant degree.

People who don't make enough to live comfortably cannot possibly invest money elsewhere.

As for buying cheaper goods, what else can you do with a small budget? You really think people enjoy buying crap from walmart? You think everyone has the rich man's disease of saving a penny here and there to make more pennies?

Get real! That is one of the problems with you conservatives. You live in fantasy land!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Well then ,import hundreds of thousands of African workers to go down and work in the pits for 2 dollars a day
And at the end of the week they will be able to buy 1.5 happy meals..
This mouth was not made for talking.
edit on 5-9-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

Import thousands of Africans to work down the pits, and at the end of the week seal the pits shut with them inside.

Then there won't be any Africans left to work for $2 per day, saving the "scroungering workers" from losing their jobs.

To make sure they don't suffer lower the fat bint down the pit shaft smothered in BBQ sauce, that'll keep a million Africans fed for about 6 years.

Then once they've devoured her let them back out again. The economy will be far worse and no one will work for $2 per day.

Job fixed.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
While I don't believe in god, I do believe in the Devil.

Any rich & fat slob like Gina running her yap on ways to make sure she gets RICHER w/o anyone else sharing in the fortune is the Devil.

We need predators to thin our herd a bit, she's one of the expendable ones IMO.

Derek

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Who dose she think will be able to buy her product on $2 a day not very bright is she

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
She should have to live on that $2 pay, and see how long it takes her to change her mind.

Exactly my toughs also!

She would no be defending this ideia if forced to live just with that income!
Altough, it will not harm her so much because it looks she must loose a litte weight urgently...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh dear.

I leave to have some sleep and we have 4 pages of sheep still hung up on the lie that Gina Rinehart wants Australians to work for $2 a day.

Way to deny ignorance guys, you've been sucked in by the MSM lies and can't even see it.

If ever the term mindless sheep is to be used, it's now.

Oh the irony.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
Oh dear.

I leave to have some sleep and we have 4 pages of sheep still hung up on the lie that Gina Rinehart wants Australians to work for $2 a day.

Way to deny ignorance guys, you've been sucked in by the MSM lies and can't even see it.

If ever the term mindless sheep is to be used, it's now.

Oh the irony.

I think like many topics that are posted this one has brought up many other associated aspects and some very good posts.
The very idea of using slave like labour is the underlying theme -
And though Gina may have not been directly saying Oz people should have wages slashed to 2 dollars a day to compete it is the implication implied.
IE Her views are not uncommon amongst Global Organizations.

Hence so many products with the sweat of slave labour

The dehumanizing of our African brothers and sisters

Psychopaths manipulating the world of which she is a part

So many good points raised in this thread and if you do not like you do not have take part.

To call good people sheep is the sign of arrogance - sorry if this thread does not comply to how you think it should be - But that is freedom of speech for you

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Gina, you are on some serious drugs, maybe if you give some of your money back to those who need it, stupid woman..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Guys how do you start a revolution?worldwide.We need one,and "people" like her reminds us that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissobey
Guys how do you start a revolution?worldwide.We need one,and "people" like her reminds us that.

It starts with you -
Not trying to be smart but it truly does -
Like the saying goes "Be the change in the world you wish to see"
You can not change the world only yourself - lead by example be the best you, you can be

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm all for corporations paying a fair wage, but here in the states at least, the unions have become so greedy they rival the corporations themselves in terms of greed and corruption.

Nothing is ever enough. No benefits package, no wage is enough. They go on strike every other year, demanding more and more. And then when the company goes bankrupt, they all sit around scratching their heads, wondering why. And then demand a bail out.

Like I said, employers should pay a fair wage, but I can say I understand when some companies get tired of union nonsense and outsource.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I love when the rich make comments like this. Let them work for the $2 a day and still be able to survive. Why doesn't she just hire more people so the economy continues to grow but no she can't lose her inheritance. That would be too much to ask.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I'm all for corporations paying a fair wage, but here in the states at least, the unions have become so greedy they rival the corporations themselves in terms of greed and corruption.

Nothing is ever enough. No benefits package, no wage is enough. They go on strike every other year, demanding more and more. And then when the company goes bankrupt, they all sit around scratching their heads, wondering why. And then demand a bail out.

Like I said, employers should pay a fair wage, but I can say I understand when some companies get tired of union nonsense and outsource.

Replace the word union with corporation and most of your post would be correct. Thing is the unions don't get a voice in the corporate media to tell their side of the story, because they are the enemy of the corporations and wealthy elite.

Most of these issues are like a tug-of-war, the corporations constantly have to strive for lower wages and worse working conditions so as to maximize profit in the interests of shareholders and the workers have to pull back in order to be able to feed their families or work in safe conditions. The corporations have an army of layers, massive unlimited funds, the media on their side, the courts on their side and all the lobbied politicians on their side. All the workers have is their numbers, and ability to stop work.

Both sides have completely conflicting interests. This battle will always wage under capitalism.

Unfortunately the union side is loosing in America, your minimum wage is one of the lowest out of any western country and poverty is out of hand as a result. The gap between rich and poor keeps growing. The capitalists are winning. If the unions give up, there will be sweatshops, as always. Corporations have proven time and time again that they do not care about you or your family, we need to keep them in check.

edit on 6-9-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Replace the word union with corporation and most of your post would be correct. Thing is the unions don't get a voice in the corporate media to tell their side of the story, because they are the enemy of the corporations and wealthy elite.

Most of these issues are like a tug-of-war, the corporations constantly have to strive for lower wages and worse working conditions so as to maximize profit in the interests of shareholders and the workers have to pull back in order to be able to feed their families or work in safe conditions. The corporations have an army of layers, massive unlimited funds, the media on their side, the courts on their side and all the lobbied politicians on their side. All the workers have is their numbers, and ability to stop work.

Both sides have completely conflicting interests. This battle will always wage under capitalism.

Unfortunately the union side is loosing in America, your minimum wage is one of the lowest out of any western country and poverty is out of hand as a result. The gap between rich and poor keeps growing. The capitalists are winning. If the unions give up, there will be sweatshops, as always. Corporations have proven time and time again that they do not care about you or your family, we need to keep them in check.

edit on 6-9-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

I think you assume I am anti-union. I am not. The unions have done some great things to improve the lives of workers. I am just saying, here in the states at least, they've moved beyond that. They know they can keep voting themselves more and more and more money, and they do it consistently. They've become the very thing they were originally against. A machine. A corporation onto themselves, and every bit as corrupt as the bosses they work for,

It's human nature I guess. When you know you can go on strike every other year, or every three years, because 30 bucks an hour isn't enough to live on, they will demand 35 or 40 dollars an hour. The company may grant them that, and it's not very long until they want more.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Ummm you might want to research what your saying.

Unions fight for a LIVING wage.

Unions fought for your overtime, weekends, holidays off, 8 hour work days to name a few.

But hey if you want to stand over there all by yourself enjoy.

I will be over here with my fellow brothers and sisters fighting for better working conditions for your ungrateful backside.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

THE OBESE OLIGARCH IS KNOWN BY THE ADIPOSE IT BEARS

Jabba The Rinehart's morbid obesity is only outdone by her opportune stupidity - LINK

edit on 6-9-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
I have no answers to this problem but I can see what Rinehart is saying, if we can't stay competitive, then EVERYONE will suffer.

and if we become competitive by dropping wages only those at the bottom will suffer and not you business owners? I can see why you are so for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
edit: Already covered.
edit on 6-9-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
reply to post by craig78

Hi craig78.

How much did Gina promise to pay you if you sign up to ATS and defend her?

I'm being a bit cheeky. I actually agree with what you say about the current issues mining magnates and our Government have caused.

I still think Gina is a terrible person though!
edit on 6/9/12 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

$2.

We will see what type of person she really is when this court case with her family is over and someone writes a book about her. The whole Lang Hangcok fortune was a tradegy. The rumours about his young wifes former profession has quickly been forgotten.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by craig78

people who probably dropped out of high school are able to demand salaries in the hundreds of thousands

You almost had me until you said this.
i really don't see how education has anything to do with how much someone dedicates themselves to their work.

Love and harmony
Whateva

Hello mate. Thanks for the reply and apologies if I managed to offend. My thoughts when writing this line was comparing these guys people like doctors who are not getting this much money. I should also mention that I am connected with the industry and I recieve many complaints from these mining guys. Number 1 complaint I get is the meals provided are not to their satisfaction, or they are not happy with the free accomodation provided, so that is where my grudge comes from.

I do appreciate that many leave high school early and go on to do wonderful things that help others. It's just my personal experience recently has made me forget this sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join