It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Dome Deployed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

but I'd rather live in a world without nuclear wepons altogeather
it's a horrid way to wage war.

Nuclear weapons are the greatest agents of peace ever invented. Precisely because it is indeed a horrid way to wage war we never went to war with the USSR, for example. If no one had nukes, that war likely goes hot at some point.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

But nooooooooooooooo....Chomp! Chomp! Chomp! instead they bite the hand that feeds. that steps in and protects them from forces far beyond their ability to defend against, and yet they spit in their financiers face and say "ehhh....we have to 'think' about sharing some of this technology"

Thats sorta the main issue here.

Evidently

it's your belief that

tiny Israel fighting for it's survival amidst a huge number and area of enemies out for their total extermination

ought to give details of one of their key survival components

to Marxist Muslim Obama

so he

can give such intel to his great Buddy--Ahmadinejad--President of Iran . . . so they can neutralize Israel's defenses.

And you want me to believe that's uhhhh

logical?

rational?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm glad that Israel is our friend. They are like a Rottweiler on a leash that the we can barely hold onto. Sure this behavior can be a pain in the ass, but, it's nice to have a buddy like that when you get into a fight. Six-day war anyone?

As far as them not sharing their iron dome tech...do you guys seriously believe that the US can't or doesn't have the capability to install something like this? We are a giant military complex, that eats, sleeps, and breathes war machines...c'mon guys, get real.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In my opinion the best form of defence is offense....more power to them

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
As much as Israel is indeed, possibility, the most well armed, well trained, well equipped country in the militaristic sense per person/per mile...I severely doubt that, in all the money that is spent on arms and armament, that they developed something that we want.

I think it's more a case of showboating. Showboating something we sold them 15 years ago, and pretending to play a game of oohs and ahhs over it.

I think it's safe to say that 90% of Israeli military tools are in fact US military tools.

Why do people blather on about things they know nothing about? Really, no one much wants to hear anyone's uninformed wild guesses about things (this is the worst part of ATS).

I worked for an Israeli company for ten years. I have been there many times. I also consulted for a major multinational about how to leverage the Israeli market. In our visit there we toured over 25 Israeli companies, from the most interesting start-ups to their main defense company.

Israel per capita is the highest concentration of engineers with some 135 per 10,000 people. The U.S. by contrast has only 85 per 10,000. It is also one of the most educated countries per capita;. the U.S. pales in comparison. The entire country of Israel has less than 6 million people but it is like one giant Silicon Valley. Much of the world's new technology in the areas of alternative energy and "clean tech," medical devices, wireless and optics (from telecom, radar, lasers, etc.) come out of Israel before being bought up by larger American companies. Israel is not called "start up nation" for nothing.

In terms of defense, they have been working on the fastest and most advanced target acquisition technology because this stuff is far more important to them than to the U.S. Israel literally has seconds to detect and destroy incoming ordinance before it hits; the U.S. has many minutes to do the same.

If you want expert systems to rapidly detect incoming missiles and respond to them, there is only one place where you'd need to go. Of course these are among the IDF's most closely guarded secrets too. I once sat in a room with manufacturing leaders from their largest defense contractors. These were true "defense," as their tech was focused on target acquisition. It was a very interesting meeting and covered these technologies, at least to the extent they were willing to discuss. They would say things like, "just say, for example, we have systems that can detect in less than a minute."

In any event, please, really stop from an assumption of the U.S. being better. It is very rarely true anymore than the U.S. is better than anyone at anything and anyway, big American companies have NO nationality, but are globalists, and only use nationalism to trick its customers (American people) into thinking it is America first. The only thing that keeps companies like Lockheed Martin from selling its most advanced and lethal systems to Russia, China, North Korea, etc. is federal government regulation. Profit has no flag.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanaHolgorsen

Nuclear weapons are the greatest agents of peace ever invented.

What good are nuclear bombs if the other side has antimatter and creates little magnetic field devices to stabilize tiny portions of it in pen sized objects?

They could smuggle them across borders easily and start throwing them at political/military leaders to topple nations without war.

Iran must be killed to keep the Chinese from having the energy resources to get at usable levels of antimatter. Killing Iran has nothing to do with Iran. They want to choke China off from energy resources in the antimatter race.

It appears to the public it's a religious war....but in reality it's much scarier.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
can iron dome stop a high burst nuclear EMP if Iran launched it against Israel and friends?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join