It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Dome Deployed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

You do realize that this is not the only hot spot on the planet? That the whole Middle East is not the only hot spot on the planet?
Would you like to bomb Africa too - because there are constant wars and suffering in Africa. No?
How about Chechnya?
North/South Korea?
What about China/US tensions?
Balcans?
Tens of millions died in Europe just few decades ago.
Tens of Millions in China.
Bomb em all. Bomb all the planet. Or hypocrite much...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by thecrippler

You do realize that this is not the only hot spot on the planet? That the whole Middle East is not the only hot spot on the planet?
Would you like to bomb Africa too - because there are constant wars and suffering in Africa. No?
How about Chechnya?
North/South Korea?
What about China/US tensions?
Balcans?
Tens of millions died in Europe just few decades ago.
Tens of Millions in China.
Bomb em all. Bomb all the planet. Or hypocrite much...

Sorry, I forgot to turn the sarcasm on...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by Iron7

I think they have bought into the fear. Think about there past for a second. We should cut off the aid but we should also defend them after we cut off the money.
edit on 6-9-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Israel isn't worth an American life. It's time for Israel to stand on their own.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by gostr
Israel shouldnt even exist imo.

dumbest, unthoughtful thing ive heard in a bit... doesnt take any brain cells to say something so ignorant. why not put a little thought process into it?

maybe give a reason for your beliefs/opinions? or are you just trolling?

What right did Britain have to steal Palestinian land and give it to the Jews?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

This was exclusively built with US dollars, man-power and equipment I believe.

Nope. Maybe they used US aid $, but Iron Dome was all Israeli. In fact, the US and several other countries are trying to buy Iron Dome.

Link

Why should we pay them a dime for it? With all of the weapons technology they have stolen from America we should just steal it from them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
www.wsws.org...

The Zionists already have the best weapons the big bad rockets are just a rouse. I'd say a thing or two about their missile defense but I'd rather not because like I said they already have the best weapons look at the link see what I mean.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If Israil emp-bombs iran, then it could attack nuclea sites at will
once you knock down radar and sam sites you don't have
to have the big bad US come in. then it's a 1 on 1 and
In international terms isn't that allowed.
sorry to all that hate the israilies. But if i were in their shoes
i would be taking the Irain retohic along with it's nuclear program
as a threat.
Although EMP isn't nice at least it doesn't have to mean WW3.
If the Israilies and the Iranians want to duke it out by them selves
that would be fine with me.
but I'd rather live in a world without nuclear wepons altogeather
it's a horrid way to wage war. that being said it's not the US
or Russia, iran, israil or china's place to be threating the rest of the world
because of geopolitical or religiouse reasons.

edit on 6-9-2012 by wondera because: Further explaination.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Thunderdome?

Where's Mel Gibson when you need him?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondera
If Israil emp-bombs iran, then it could attack nuclea sites at will
Might wanna rethink that idea.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

we probably already have!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

point taken, I may havent thought it all the way to conclusion.
It reminds me of the end of the movie charlie willsons war about afganistan
and fighting the communist there. In one of the last sceens Tom Hanks is talking
to his CIA guy (sorry cant remember his name at the moment) and the question
is now that the russians have pulled out what are the Afganies going to do.
I guess the short term thinking isn't the best way to solve a problem.
I would however say that shorting out all electronics is preferable to blowing
up people into little chunks of meat, neither are good options i conceed that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Iron dome, uless the giving of money was based on a purchesing agreement.
the the isralies don't have to give the US any such thing. Australia is a part of
the consortium developing the F-35, tones of cash going in nothing coming out.
If we however pulled out and said give us the technoligy behind the Aircraft we would
get Sweat F all. Unless the US are willing to give up the on the idea of interlectual rights
then the isralies get to keep the secrets of the iron dome.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If i were Israel, i would wait until right before any future operations go public to reveal hidden weapon systems and defense plans, wouldn't want the chinese cooking up some kind of stealth missile system in the meantime would we!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
Missle defense dome? ...so what is going to stop someone from walking a dirty bomb into it.

Israel shouldnt even exist imo.

Why should Israel not exist? That is kinda NUTS don't ya think? Every nation has good a bad people why paint with such large brush strokes? Your hate is blinding you.

It's not hate...it's because the Israeli government illegally displaced the Palestinian government and then continued to engage in a 64 year long and counting policy of oppression to the Palestinian people in their own country.

Read a history book.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by Iron7

I think they have bought into the fear. Think about there past for a second. We should cut off the aid but we should also defend them after we cut off the money.
edit on 6-9-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Israel isn't worth an American life. It's time for Israel to stand on their own.

Israel isn't worth a Palestinian, Iranian, Russian, Chinese, North Korean, Cuban, or Taliban life either in my opinion.

They've made their bed...now they can lie in it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegorical
They turned it on because they know what they are about to do will have consequences.

I hate to say it, but I hope isreal and their equally as crazy enemies wipe each other out.

I have no sympathy for either side. They are both, evil, repressive governments and deserve to become extinct.

Some people used to say that carpet bombing the whole place would solve a lot of problems, and at the time I disagreed but for very different reasons than I disagree now.

I think now, we wouldn't even need to go there and do anything, just sit back and wait and let these dimwits wipe each other out. Enjoy the show and stay as uninvolved as possible which includes cutting off funding to any of those whom would support this sort of militarism. What else can one individual do?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by Iron7

Originally posted by Iron7
The American foreign policy is "Israel First"

Last time I checked Israel was a ally and Iran is not? Who should we put first Iran?
Dont get me wrong I think they are all kinda nuts but at least people have basic human rights in Israel.

Aiding Israel creates enemies for the United States. It is not in our interest to protect it. And we do, they are the biggest recipient of "foreign aid" (most of that goes to their military)

Israel is the one that invaded ...

Actually no. You've got to look at the bigger picture in a strategic sense. All of those Muslim countries hate one another. Hell, all the various tribes and sects within those countries hate each other. Once the region became invaluable to the west due to their massive oil reserves, the west intervened in order to secure some semblance of stability. They started by propping up puppet dictators and royal families. They needed both the symbolism of a monarchy, as well as ruthless strongmen, in order to reign in their subjects. A boot to the neck was what was required to keep the populace at bay and focused on the task of building, maintaining, and securing the oil industry and infrastructure.

Now, in order to keep the peace between the dictators and royals, a common enemy was required, one that any Muslim would hate much more than their fellow Muslims. Israel became the perfect focus point for that. A weak or easily dominated Israel would do very little good in the region, so the west saw to it that Israel was very strong and very well-funded and well trained. A strong Israel became both the perfect deterrent as well as the perfect common enemy.

That strategy has worked very well for the past sixty or so years. Was it ultimately unsustainable? Probably, as nothing is infinitely so. But it shouldn't have fallen apart like it has. The fatal error was when the West lost their way with their own strategy. Once they invaded Iraq in the first Gulf War, the balance of power was immediately destabilized in the region. In doing that, and making open allegiances with various nations against other Muslim nations, the once semi-controllable populace was enraged and spinning out of control. Removing Hussein and disbanding his armies further fueled those flames, as well as emboldening Iran, who no longer had to focus on a defensive struggle against their neighbor.

As the west became more zealous in removing their puppet dictators and opening supporting the "Arab spring" movement, these nations took more direct control of their own governments than ever before. The seeds of radicalism sown by the west for decades as a means of control were now growing far beyond the control and direction of the west. The entire house of cards is now about to come tumbling down.

The oil, so vital to the west, is going to either be in play, or the infrastructure so critically damaged, that it may never come back on line the way it has in the past. I believe war is inevitable. The game, so dependent on every angle working with equal strength, is now unbalanced and all the flaws in the plan will come spilling out in very ugly ways. We are now looking at civil wars, regional wars, and international wars all due to spring out of that area.

Now, the strategist in me says that every move in the region since the first Gulf War has been an incredible diplomatic and military error. The conspiracist in me says that this was the plan all along, followed diligently and with great efficiency by the NWO crowd. If the intention is to control a worldwide populace, nothing better than the combined forces of worldwide economic collapse, war, and an immediate closing off of the oil spigot coming from the middle east. Massive mistake, or soon to be a tragic, devastating, and intentional victory? There's no telling. We may never know the full story, even as we start to live through the aftermath. We'll always be kept in the dark.

But at the end of the day, my point is that the very existence of Israel has kept the region relatively stable and, more important to the industrialized nations of the world, kept a never-ending supply of oil rushing into our factories and cars.

This is one of the best written and most accurate explanations/descriptions of the rationale for and strategic thinking behind the current situation in the ME.

You say you're not sure if the current situation is one of the biggest blunders or most brilliant victories in history, but I'd be interested in hearing your speculation on that topic... U2U me if you're uncomfortable committing to your opinions publically in this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Nope. Maybe they used US aid $, but Iron Dome was all Israeli. In fact, the US and several other countries are trying to buy Iron Dome.

Link

Why should we pay them a dime for it? With all of the weapons technology they have stolen from America we should just steal it from them.

Well first of all, we don't really have the same tactical need for missile defense that the Israelis do. So it's not really worth it for us to pay to R&D such a system on our own. Our relations with Israel are worth more to us than such a system, so stealing it (or demanding it from them) would do us more harm than good, strategically.
In addition, it makes more strategic sense for us to let Israel bear the brunt of any attack in the region for as long as possible. For every $ we give the Israelis, we gain at least as much back in saved US blood and treasure should TSHTF in the ME someday (and it's a pretty safe bet it will in our lifetimes at least).

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

For the first time ever, the anti-missile system has been deployed to protect central Israel.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.ynetnews.com...

I thought it was "tested" a few months back, but that was only the outskirt missile posts and it was 100% successful. Not exactly sure how this, plus other deployed SAM's, will protect against thousands of short range rockets and long range missiles.

Do you think a strike is immenient? How do you think this will hold up? Was it turned on because they think Iran might pre-emptively launch?

It was not 100% effective. It had a 98% success rate which is staggering, but it has to be manually loaded (which takes 10 minutes) and only holds 12 rounds.

Iranian and Syrian missiles are going to be pounding away near constantly so even if it does hit at a 98% that means only 12 missiles can be taken out per BM-21 (the Russian built defence used as a major part of the Israeli anti air defences) so Syria needs to fire 13 war heads at each one to knock it out. 12 conventional war heads and one chemical warhead leaving the crew neutralized and stopping other soldiers from manning it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wondera

LOL!

You think Israel (ranked 11th in strongest military) wants to fight Iran (ranked 12th) on their own?!
You think Israel is going to go head to head with a country 10 times their size, and who have a larger paramilitary force than the ENTIRE population of Israel? You are so ignorant and naive it isn't even funny.

Israel does not want to fight Iran on their own because they know that if they do then the Iranian retaliation will cripple Israel and leave them unable to hold the Sinai and Golan Heights under ANY aggression from other Mid Eastern countries.

If Iran and Israel go at each others throats then we will see both sides being totally decimated. The deciding factor is that Iran can take the punches Israel can throw and absorb the casualties, but Iran only needs to hit Israel two or three times for it to be a K.O.

Or, if Israel somehow wins a 1 on 1 with Iran then they will be left at the mercy of a hostile Egypt and Syria (who are both regional powers and have reason to fight with Israel). Saudi Arabia might seize the opportunity to spread their power and influence over Israel and Jordan. Or maybe Turkey will decide they could dominate the Mid East much easier without Israeli interference.

Israel, although they are the main reason for instability in the Middle East are also the main reason for stability in the Middle East. Hypocritical, I know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join