It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Dome Deployed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by gostr
Missle defense dome? ...so what is going to stop someone from walking a dirty bomb into it.

Israel shouldnt even exist imo.

Why should Israel not exist? That is kinda NUTS don't ya think? Every nation has good a bad people why paint with such large brush strokes? Your hate is blinding you.

I am not going to argue with hearts filled with hate.......There is little I can say that will get past your hate.

Why Should Israel exist?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Iron7

I think they have bought into the fear. Think about there past for a second. We should cut off the aid but we should also defend them after we cut of the money.

They made their bed, they can lay in it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Iron7

I think they have bought into the fear. Think about there past for a second. We should cut off the aid but we should also defend them after we cut of the money.

I sure do love irony you are the same as them.
You really are, they live everyday judging others using hate and fear and so do you.

You are part of the very problem you hate.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Iron7

You support the death of people of your own nation for another nation's conflict.

Shame on you.

I sure do love irony you are the same as them.
You really are, they live everyday judging others using hate and fear and so do you.

You are part of the very problem you hate.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

How on earth did you get that I support them out of what I said? Like I said before your hate is blinding you. You are the same as them bottom line. They hate you hate.

edit on 6-9-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Missle defense dome? ...so what is going to stop someone from walking a dirty bomb into it.

Why should Israel not exist? That is kinda NUTS don't ya think? Every nation has good a bad people why paint with such large brush strokes? Your hate is blinding you.

Why Should Israel exist?

That horse has well and truely bolted, and it's a little late to close the door. Oh and for those bashing the US (note I am not from the US!) you can blame the Brits just as badly for Israel. I personally don't like what Israel is doing, but don't have a problem with them existing. Mind you they may not exist much longer if they keep it up :/

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Iron7

How on earth did you get that I support them out of what I said? Like I said before your hate is blinding you. You are the same as them bottom line. They hate you hate.

edit on 6-9-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

I hate? I want to avoid the conflict altogether. You hate the muslims so you want to fight for the jews.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Not at all biting the hand that feeds. the way i see USA aid giving to Israel is that Israel is the only democracy and 100% friendly country in the middle east this is precious to USA for obvious reasons and if they didn't give the aid they would lose this option. IMO they would want to give whatever it takes were this come under threat. Israel however is independent and can use aid for any purpose which luckily or intentionally for USA involves largely Military strengthening and R&D.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
so it is better to call it " Iran doom " instead of "Iron doom"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No doubt it was deployed and tested. 100% doubt that it was 100% successful. That bit is theatrics.

I'd suggest if those were actually their results, then attackers should have no worries, as the testing was lax at best.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Isrealis better not put all their eggs in that anti missile basket..........such a small place cant survive too many breakthrough missiles.....one hit on Dimona, and the place is whacked.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of Heaven
You can justify it in the end"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I think the reason the US is trying to get access to the iron dome IS because we funded a part of it and want the tech too. They should out of fairness give us the tech to purchase at a low price. After all we pretty much funded it for them.

No, they shouldn't ... they should keep this defence shield to themselves, especially if it's effective.

If Israel sells the technology, it will eventually find it's way into enemy hands ... just like the Atom bomb did.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here's the article that I read about Iron Dome earlier this year.

CNN Article

It only boasts an effective success rate of 90% and as it states in the article, it is generously funded with aid from the USA.

I don't really understand why this thread had to revert into a pro-israel/anti-israel argument. Regardless of whether you're for Israel or against it, I'm sure that many of you would agree that if your close neighbor was constantly firing rockets at your population centers, you would want to find a way to shield yourself from that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The American foreign policy is "Israel First"

Last time I checked Israel was a ally and Iran is not? Who should we put first Iran?
Dont get me wrong I think they are all kinda nuts but at least people have basic human rights in Israel.

Aiding Israel creates enemies for the United States. It is not in our interest to protect it. And we do, they are the biggest recipient of "foreign aid" (most of that goes to their military)

Israel is the one that invaded Lebanon twice. Israel is the one with nukes, and isnt a signer of the Non Proliferation Treaty.

Iran just fought a defensive war against Iraq in the 80s. It is a peaceful nation.

Actually no. You've got to look at the bigger picture in a strategic sense. All of those Muslim countries hate one another. Hell, all the various tribes and sects within those countries hate each other. Once the region became invaluable to the west due to their massive oil reserves, the west intervened in order to secure some semblance of stability. They started by propping up puppet dictators and royal families. They needed both the symbolism of a monarchy, as well as ruthless strongmen, in order to reign in their subjects. A boot to the neck was what was required to keep the populace at bay and focused on the task of building, maintaining, and securing the oil industry and infrastructure.

Now, in order to keep the peace between the dictators and royals, a common enemy was required, one that any Muslim would hate much more than their fellow Muslims. Israel became the perfect focus point for that. A weak or easily dominated Israel would do very little good in the region, so the west saw to it that Israel was very strong and very well-funded and well trained. A strong Israel became both the perfect deterrent as well as the perfect common enemy.

That strategy has worked very well for the past sixty or so years. Was it ultimately unsustainable? Probably, as nothing is infinitely so. But it shouldn't have fallen apart like it has. The fatal error was when the West lost their way with their own strategy. Once they invaded Iraq in the first Gulf War, the balance of power was immediately destabilized in the region. In doing that, and making open allegiances with various nations against other Muslim nations, the once semi-controllable populace was enraged and spinning out of control. Removing Hussein and disbanding his armies further fueled those flames, as well as emboldening Iran, who no longer had to focus on a defensive struggle against their neighbor.

As the west became more zealous in removing their puppet dictators and opening supporting the "Arab spring" movement, these nations took more direct control of their own governments than ever before. The seeds of radicalism sown by the west for decades as a means of control were now growing far beyond the control and direction of the west. The entire house of cards is now about to come tumbling down.

The oil, so vital to the west, is going to either be in play, or the infrastructure so critically damaged, that it may never come back on line the way it has in the past. I believe war is inevitable. The game, so dependent on every angle working with equal strength, is now unbalanced and all the flaws in the plan will come spilling out in very ugly ways. We are now looking at civil wars, regional wars, and international wars all due to spring out of that area.

Now, the strategist in me says that every move in the region since the first Gulf War has been an incredible diplomatic and military error. The conspiracist in me says that this was the plan all along, followed diligently and with great efficiency by the NWO crowd. If the intention is to control a worldwide populace, nothing better than the combined forces of worldwide economic collapse, war, and an immediate closing off of the oil spigot coming from the middle east. Massive mistake, or soon to be a tragic, devastating, and intentional victory? There's no telling. We may never know the full story, even as we start to live through the aftermath. We'll always be kept in the dark.

But at the end of the day, my point is that the very existence of Israel has kept the region relatively stable and, more important to the industrialized nations of the world, kept a never-ending supply of oil rushing into our factories and cars.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
May the creator have mercy on our souls for the ignorant actions of a few individuals..

At the end of the day they will be sitting in thier mansions while young soldiers die in their war for resources and hidden agendas.

When will the madness end?
edit on 6-9-2012 by knowledgedesired because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
When will the madness end?
edit on 6-9-2012 by knowledgedesired because: sp

With human nature as it is, probably never. If there's anything truth to us finding or reaching a higher plain, or higher level of consciousness, or elevating to another dimention, then perhaps the madness will end. Otherwise, nope... we're animals, and that's how we act, no matter how "civilized" and "modernized" we become. :/

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

dumbest, unthoughtful thing ive heard in a bit... doesnt take any brain cells to say something so ignorant. why not put a little thought process into it?

maybe give a reason for your beliefs/opinions? or are you just trolling?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I all for israel being our friends and being the only democratic govt in the region. It is important to maintain some degree of friendship with them. As for it escaping our hands and being given to the enemy if Israel were to give us the Iron Dome. I don't think so. The tech will get out even from Israel's side eventually. Just wish they would be a little generous and help out their big brother who paid for the development of said tech. It's sorta a slap to the face. Imagine if you gave your son 1000 dollars a week allowance then one day you find yourself short and go hey son can i borrow 10 bucks and the son say hell no! It would be sorta offensive and insulting right.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The most adaptable excuse for all evil in the history of mankind is, not a shadow of a doubt, the religion. Religion is the way to make a common man "higher" than the others. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an atheist, but you can't deny the fact that religion is the prime factor to put bounds and leashes into the man and even so make him feel better and free. Religion is something so dynamic that can be extended to adapt to anything and be part of anything, including politics and warfare.
So, with the excuse of religious infidelity, men are put against each other and with the aid of lies and time, there will be a point where these men wouldn't even know the reason they are fighting anymore. This is the joy of the ones in power positions that use religious infidelity to justify their monstrosities, and swim in the blood of the ignorant mass of good will men that fought for them to become even more powerfull, either by strength of diplomacy.
The existence of Israel is one of these monstrosities. The excuse is that that land "belong" to Israelis, but Palestinians should go out wherever they go bu there. That small place is cursed, everybody want that place and I can't understand why. I think that the ones in power, must know that there's something very valuable in there so they all want it for themselves. So the solution is very simple, take everyone out of there, bomb that place, make it become so poisonous that even microscopic life would be impossible there. This will make the excuse just go away. There will no longer be "holly land", no more home of the martirs and no more promised land.

With that we all can go to a sunny white sanded beach and enjoy the life

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join