It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Dome Deployed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

For the first time ever, the anti-missile system has been deployed to protect central Israel.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.ynetnews.com...

I thought it was "tested" a few months back, but that was only the outskirt missile posts and it was 100% successful. Not exactly sure how this, plus other deployed SAM's, will protect against thousands of short range rockets and long range missiles.

This was exclusively built with US dollars, man-power and equipment I believe.

Do you think a strike is immenient? How do you think this will hold up? Was it turned on because they think Iran might pre-emptively launch?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They turned it on because they know what they are about to do will have consequences.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
logical step to put your defenses in place before you attack.....When will the madness end?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i keep seeing things that indicate world war but then i still live my lie everyday like the day before, at what point does it come to our front doors?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There not going to be an attack.. it's all bull.
Net the Nazi has over played the game and has nothing
else to do now but shout attack.. attack..attack.

He doesn't have the means to attack,and why keep
telling everyone he is going to attack!

If you are going to attack then you attack, why shout it every day for three
years.

He doesn't know how to end the game he started.

/Laughing stock

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Nope. Maybe they used US aid $, but Iron Dome was all Israeli. In fact, the US and several other countries are trying to buy Iron Dome.

Link

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Nope. Maybe they used US aid $, but Iron Dome was all Israeli. In fact, the US and several other countries are trying to buy Iron Dome.

Link

Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think the reason the US is trying to get access to the iron dome IS because we funded a part of it and want the tech too. They should out of fairness give us the tech to purchase at a low price. After all we pretty much funded it for them.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
1982 - Iron Maiden
Run to the hills!

I knew that was a prophetic song about Israel!

You younguns might need to google or YouTube that one.

edit on 5-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lets clear a few things up:

Iron dome has BEEN deployed and has already shot down quite a few rockets over the last few months. This is not new.

Iron Dome was completely Israeli built-the US in fact wants to buy it.

Israal is known toi have some of the best R&D military tech in the world. Even if the US gives them money, its the Israeli's who spend it on their own systems some of which even the US is interested in.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
yeah we get that. thats pretty obvious. what's apparently not is when the hand that feeds says "hey kick me down that iron dome system, cause you know, like...we sorta payed for the entire R&D on that, and on everything else thats saving your citizens lives every day. So uh...how bout sharing on some of that Iron Dome technology?"

But nooooooooooooooo....Chomp! Chomp! Chomp! instead they bite the hand that feeds. that steps in and protects them from forces far beyond their ability to defend against, and yet they spit in their financiers face and say "ehhh....we have to 'think' about sharing some of this technology"

Thats sorta the main issue here.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Missle defense dome? ...so what is going to stop someone from walking a dirty bomb into it.

Israel shouldnt even exist imo.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The American foreign policy is "Israel First"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Well done.

dont forget to add that any tenth grade science class can kick out cutting edge technology these days from drones conrolled by the internet to alternative energy sources,they just need the money and facilitys,so the tech race is really more meaningless than it has ever been.

And remember that these arent machine gun bullets we are discussing here in todays battlefield,many of these weapons are high tech ,extremely expensive and CANNOT BE REPLACED,it takes YEARS AND YEARS to get fighter jets for instance,and seconds to wipe out an entire countrys arsenal.

Why do you think China,Russia and the US have given these weapons to all the other little countries???Because once the first wave hits them there are NO MORE PLANES AND TECHHY BOMBS LEFT TO SHOOT WITH.

I mean Iron Sheild??Give me a break,ten thousand hot air balloons ought to put the iron Curtain in the washbin,how much does ten thousand balloons and ten thousand x-box 360s cost????Because its a heck a lot cheaper than one raptor.I am not giveing anyone ideas here,just sayin.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7

Last time I checked Israel was a ally and Iran is not? Who should we put first Iran?
Dont get me wrong I think they are all kinda nuts but at least people have basic human rights in Israel.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Iron7

Last time I checked Israel was a ally and Iran is not? Who should we put first Iran?
Dont get me wrong I think they are all kinda nuts but at least people have basic human rights in Israel.

Aiding Israel creates enemies for the United States. It is not in our interest to protect it. And we do, they are the biggest recipient of "foreign aid" (most of that goes to their military)

Israel is the one that invaded Lebanon twice. Israel is the one with nukes, and isnt a signer of the Non Proliferation Treaty.

Iran just fought a defensive war against Iraq in the 80s. It is a peaceful nation.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
Missle defense dome? ...so what is going to stop someone from walking a dirty bomb into it.

Why should Israel not exist? That is kinda NUTS don't ya think? Every nation has good a bad people why paint with such large brush strokes? Your hate is blinding you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by gostr

Why should Israel not exist? That is kinda NUTS don't ya think? Every nation has good a bad people why paint with such large brush strokes? Your hate is blinding you.

Why Should Israel exist?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

I think they have bought into the fear. Think about there past for a second. We should cut off the aid but we should also defend them after we cut off the money.
edit on 6-9-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As much as Israel is indeed, possibility, the most well armed, well trained, well equipped country in the militaristic sense per person/per mile...I severely doubt that, in all the money that is spent on arms and armament, that they developed something that we want.

I think it's more a case of showboating. Showboating something we sold them 15 years ago, and pretending to play a game of oohs and ahhs over it.

I think it's safe to say that 90% of Israeli military tools are in fact US military tools.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join