It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed? Africans Will Work for $2/Day...Just Ask Gina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by ABNARTY

I don't know much about the situation, however, I would argue that $2 a day may be a great deal of value in that place. I don't really know the cost of living so for all I know that's a great wage for the environment. You need more information for the uninformed.

No, but we have a fairly good idea of what $2 a day will get you in Australia, which is what she was talking about... Like I said last time she made comments like this, someone needs to show her the scene in the movie Fight Club... "We cook your food, we fix your cars, we protect you while you sleep... Do NOT mess with us!"

On second thought, maybe a true life re-enactment would be better... Yes. The elite make examples of us alll the friggin time... Maybe... Just maybe... Nah, forget it. It was a terrible idea...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Maybe she should sell what comes out of her mines for $2 a ton.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
You know, I"m in the USA and I'd KILL to have a job even making 2 dollars an hour. If I worked 10 hours a day, I'd get 20 a day. That's 100 a week. My rent/bills are only 50 a month. 400 a month would be absolutely RICH to me right now with zero income.

You're to cute to be with zero income.
Anyway, that what happens when you export capitals. You bring your business in countries that are underdeveloped or with a way lower standard of living than, let say USA, Canada or Australia and of course the labour there would be very cheap which will amount in a bigger profit. This ugly rich whale forgets that 2 $ a day wouldn't even pay for a case of water, let a lone maintaining a family...unless prices for goods drop to pennies then maybe her comments can be taken in consideration. Some people here admire her success but personally I find her comment to dam and irresponsible. Doesn't she know that the pay is in accord with the standard of living in an economy?
edit on 6-9-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wealth is always wasted on the wealthy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join