It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this new saying going around.... ugh.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I sorely detest that new 'thing' going around which says something like "Aren't you living far better now than you were 4 years ago?"

I truly hope I'm just missing the sarcasm in that saying because to be real, no. No we are not. Gas has gone up exponentially and is expected to rise even more. Cost of living is absolutely horrific. People are still losing their homes, jobs, etc. Food prices have soared. Food stamp recipients are the HIGHEST they have ever been. Welfare all around has sky-rocketed on that note. Suddenly woman's health/choices are being cut apart, those who happen to love their own sex are being treated just like the black people from the olden days were, I see more and more racial bs being slung around on top of that, I don't even know what's going on in the USA against the world war front but I'm pretty sure some crap's going on somewhere still. Jobs are still being sent overseas so we get to compete with the 10 cent an hour workers...... yeah. definitely living far better than we were 4 years ago.

If we're the 1%.

For the above, I don't blame one sole person. It's all of those in the ptb's fault. All of them. From the Pres down to the Senate, to the HoR, etc. All of them.

Sometimes I think that if a movie like, oh, Independence Day actually came true, most of the world would no doubt cheer if those aliens targeted DC. Sadly, that's the only way things will be wiped clean to start fresh with either a better system - or none at all. Meh. What do I know. Politics to me are things I don't know a lot about just because it really doesn't matter who we vote in. TPTB already seem to know who is going to win; someone THEY chose to keep things going how they are and have. It's why those 3rd partiers only get two kinds of attention: negative or none.

All I know of politics as of late is that everyone is horrific and we're doomed no matter what.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Agreed!!!!!! S&F!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It seems as if Washington did blow up like in independence day all the bad guys would already be hiding underground somewhere far away. Also since we have internet now, and most likely the ptb have there own private lines that are inaccessible to all others. so all the info in Washington can be wired were ever the ptb are hiding in a brief moment. Allowing the aholes to continue business as usual while being out of site.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

You make 100000% sense there - but in a /hypothetical/ format......

I can only wish and hope the Country fixes up fast. Sadly I have little hope of that happening. Can please some of the people but not all. And it's the 'not all' that make things rather difficult. Though on a 'devil's advocate' pov, that's the good thing about personal feelings, originality and the right to say what one wishes to. Even if things don't go the way I want them to, we do still have our originality and are allowed to voice our pleasures and displeasures. Suppose that's good.....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's not a new thing, it was started by Ronald Reagan. It's just a tit for tat thing.

edit on 5-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

lol girl that's not a saying
its doublespeak

"everything's double-double-plus-good now"

lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why do people insist on blaming government for the economy?

Government didn't send the jobs overseas, capitalists did.

But shouldn't government stop that?

Well the decision was made to deregulate, and it seems most agree with it. No one seems to care that we have been moving ever quicker to a global economy. Oh no, capitalism is great! Capitalism is freedom! Well it is giving you your freedom from wage slavery, unemployment.

Some people think we can have capitalism with no government over-site at all. Conservatives are for smaller government, so capitalist have more freedom to exploit you.

The only way to have smaller, or no government, is through worker ownership, otherwise you just give more power to the capitalist class. Those of you who own no property and still support capitalism are doing so against your own best interest. Don't be the donkey chasing the carrot, the dream is a nightmare that you only wake up from when it's already too late.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well said. Couldnt'a said it better myself. Evil movie villians have taken over the world but only certain people can see it. Kinda reminds me of the book by Stephen Koontz, Twilight Eyes, where horrible goblin type creatures live amongst us, but the main character is one of the only people who can see the monsters for what they are...

new topics

top topics

join