It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pepsi Sweetener is Mixture of Dangerous Carcinogenic Chemicals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I heard a few years back, that Aspartame is used in, or is an explosive?? Wether or not it is true, I don't know. I don't drink alot of pop.....good thing I guess

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

Maybe they will put the COCAINE back in Coca Cola!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Pepsi needed a new sweetener to cover the taste of fetus.

PepsiCo denies accusations on link to aborted fetal cells

ATS Thread

They say it's not in the final product, but your guess is as good as mine. I stopped drinking pop 3 years ago, aside from my occasional Rum and coke (non diet), and it was one of the best health decisions I ever made.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. If they wanted to they could spike food/drinks with potent neurotoxins so long as it boost their profits... which is pretty much what they're already doing. Next up: GMOs soaked in fluoride, sprayed with preservatives that guarantee cancer, & special addictive spices that taste great -- but cause the onset of dementia, schizophrenia, and other mental degenerative disease; Pay off the FDA to give it the stamp of approval, and tell the masses it's healthier than organic food.

But hey, gotta keep those profits soaring....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What's a "throwback" soda? I don't know about you folks, but I try to never throw my sodas back or forth, shaking it ruins the carbonation and flat soda is putrid.

Also wouldn't it be more accurate if we said "non-original Pepsi brands" are the ones with this poison in them?

I checked my normal Pepsi bottle's ingredient list and it says Sugar, and has no listing of anything like being spoken of here.

So I am pretty sure that this is found only in the "Diet" or other specialized branding products.

But then again, I am used to being lied to.
So for all I know the ingredient list is omitting things and it is still rather toxic.

I mean it is common sense to consider virtually every source of food and water as contaminated with various things, with all of this constant fossil fuel burning, illegal dumping, and nuclear meltdown stuff going on.

They should have to list all of the contaminants detected in our food/drinks on top of what they intend to put in it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
reply to post by Viesczy

Maybe they will put the COCAINE back in Coca Cola!

Sounds funny but that would actually cause their product sales to skyrocket exponentially.

Also it would create a huge mass of return customers who are literally addicted.

Strange that there would be such high public demand for such a thing (there is), and the Corporation would make tons of money and it would give them the edge over their competition, yet it isn't even considered?

I mean cmon, they put poisons in our food/drinks daily that don't give any noticeable effects.
Then they turn around and sell us all of these overpriced "energy drinks" because we are lethargic and don't work hard enough.

You could kill like 10 birds with one stone here.
But for some bizarre reason, it's not even on the table for legitimate consideration?

Why?
Can't be because it's poison, because they give us poison freely.
Can't be because it's addictive, they addict us at every turn.
Can't be because it's an upper, they sell uppers all over the marketplace.

Ohhh I know why. Because when that stuff is illegal they can justify kicking down everyone's doors and invading their houses and shooting innocent people to justify the farce known as the Drug War.

Gotta make sure that money has blood on it too. That makes it worth more.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ace-K has been around for a long time. Look in your gum ingredients.

Also check your supplements and protein powders if you take any. It took me a long long time to find protein that didn't have any chemical stew in it. Almost all of them have HFCS, Aspartame, Ace-K and Color-# (red 40...) or a mix of all of them. Avoid all that garbage as best you can!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That's why I try to drink just water during the day at work. I also like to drink stevia sweetened drinks. Stevia is natural, like sugar, but doesn't add calories, rot one's teeth, or cause one's blood sugar to spike. Aspartame is one of the worst things for your body. It's addictive, and triggers migraines. Hopefully more soda makers will start using stevia instead of artificial sweeteners. I only use stevia to sweeten my coffee too.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ever heard of water? Just drink that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reading into this thread, makes me glad I have stopped my soda intake. I like gum though, so I think I'm screwed either way.

Can anyone post some studies, or evidence, on how this chemical is bad for you? Not another truth site, but, actual scientific study?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

This is kind of scary so basically what the Pepsi company is doing is adding a chemical into their product to make it sweeter That product is known as Ace-K, or acesulfame potassium it is a highly addictive chemical that actually causes cravings for the toxins Think about it this way if they can get away with this what else can they get away with?

Scary? Sure. But as far as getting away with it....just look at food labels. This is not a new concept. Monosodium Glutamate is added to just about everything these days. It's an excitotoxin and has the same effect. Asparatame is an excitotoxin as well. Google: Diet Coke Addiction. It's more than just a caffeine dependency.
edit on 6-9-2012 by DukeOfDorch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well maybe you guys can tell me what I had done to myself. Slightly OT but still a story with fizzy drink so what the hay...

About a month ago I did a BBQ with some family and one of my nieces brought this cheapo soda called Grapette and Orangette for her young ones to drink. Well I remember growing up I used to love grape Nehi (no, I am not Radar O'Reilly) so I fixed up a cup of the Grapette and, though it wasn't what I remembered, it was pretty good so I slammed down a couple cups with my hotdogs and burgers and chips.

Next day I practically woke up running to the bathroom and almost blew the toilet up. Nice and runny. When I thought I was done and went to do the paperwork I about freaked... What I had deposited reminded me of some sort of nuclear waste only a color that doesn't occur in nature.

What the hell is in that stuff and how does crap like that stay on the market?

Trust me... no more fizzy stuff. I'll stick with my sugar sweetened tea...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
sucks for those soda lovers.
don't drink soda anymore for the past 5 years.

edit
what doesn't cause cancer now a days?

edit on 6-9-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i didn't read all the comments (sorry i'm tired) but this isn't a new additive. it's been around for awhile. the article didn't go into much about Ace-K specifically. it talked more about aspartame.

both of them are bad and i urge anyone who drinks diet sodas to do some research. the stuff is addictive and is almost worse for you than drinking a sugar drink. of course, high fructose corn syrup is also awful for you.....

moral of the story.... don't drink sodas. your body needs water.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Ooooo. gotta get some of that stuff for when I get constipated. Feel so good for days after I get cleaned out like that. Cheap beer used to do the same thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I haven't touched soda, or any sugary drink for that matter, in months, and I don't plan to at any point in the future. Why fill the body with trash? Water is delicious, I don't need the sugar.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

This doesn't shock me, even though it sickens me. What's worse though, is how PepsiCo actually uses baby fetuses for their products too. Don't believe me? Look it up. Obama actually allowed them to keep doing so.

Obama agency rules Pepsi's use of aborted fetal cells in soft drinks constitutes 'ordinary business operations'

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think you hit the nail on the head my man!!! Just remember "Coke is It!!!" HA HA HA HEHE

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
No surprise here. I wonder why GMO foods aren't labeled in the US yet? I wonder why so many chemicals known to be carcinogenic are still put in our food? The FDA is a huge joke. The big food corporations like Frito Lay pay off the FDA so they don't have to put labels on their packages that say the ingredients contained are known to be carcinogenic.

Just the other day I was shopping at a dollar store and I picked up an off-brand bag of potato chips and there was a warning on the bottom (hard to spot if you weren't looking) about cancer. The first time I've ever seen something like that.

And people wonder why cancer is rampant?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

Use chip dip on the chips, sour cream and onion works fine to cancel out some of the problems. I don't feel like writing three pages of particulars on this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join