It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pepsi Sweetener is Mixture of Dangerous Carcinogenic Chemicals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Stevia is exceptionally great for diabetics.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

A teaspoon of sugar is only fifteen calories. Two teaspoons full gives an excellent taste to lemonade

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Funny, this topic came up and I just had a strange experience with diet soda.

Last night at work, a customer came to one of the stock boys because one of the twelve packs of diet Mt Dew she was planning on purchasing was leaking. The product had leaked out upon the second package as well and both cartons were soggy. When he brought the cartons up front to ask me what he should do with them so the store could be reimbursed, they reeked. The smell was very chemical and somewhat vinegar like. We all commented about the foul smell. The cartons sat on the counter for about an hour before he took them to the back room at my request. They were drawing flies and gnats.

I'm pretty sure these packs had just been delivered earlier that day when the Pepsi guy brought the order. Those beverages are brought to the store in unrefrigerated trucks and it was a very hot, humid day. Hard telling how long they had been stored at higher temperatures either. A lot of times when the soda arrives at the store, the packs are very warm. If the companies realize that certain sweeteners don't take heat well, one would think that they would try to keep the temps controlled. Obviously, they don't really care about the health of the consumer.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would expect some form of harsh/dangerous drug would be in our drinks now, Heck I expect it to be in our drinking water at this point. The only difference I can see is just how much of a hit are you getting. With the diets I assume you aren't getting as much but with the regular you better watch your intake. Lord knows what I'm ingesting with those energy drinks...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Energy drinks and soda are ridiculous. I still can't believe people drink that stuff. If you can't pronounce whats on the back label you probably shouldn't drink it.

I think i'll stick with water.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway
reply to post by ninjas4321

Aspartame is 'negatively affected" in heat. Funny how they don't really get into how.

When it's heated over 86ºF, the " wood alcohol in Aspartame converts to Formaldehyde, and then to Formic Acid. Patients with methanol toxicity caused by drinking 3-4 Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi per day, have been caused to have MS or Systemic Lupus symptoms..." :Source

It's a freaking neurotoxin.

Naturally occurring formaldehyde in fruits and vegetables:

Link here.

I guess we're screwed no matter what we eat right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
Funny, this topic came up and I just had a strange experience with diet soda.

Last night at work, a customer came to one of the stock boys because one of the twelve packs of diet Mt Dew she was planning on purchasing was leaking. The product had leaked out upon the second package as well and both cartons were soggy. When he brought the cartons up front to ask me what he should do with them so the store could be reimbursed, they reeked. The smell was very chemical and somewhat vinegar like. We all commented about the foul smell. The cartons sat on the counter for about an hour before he took them to the back room at my request. They were drawing flies and gnats.

I'm pretty sure these packs had just been delivered earlier that day when the Pepsi guy brought the order. Those beverages are brought to the store in unrefrigerated trucks and it was a very hot, humid day. Hard telling how long they had been stored at higher temperatures either. A lot of times when the soda arrives at the store, the packs are very warm. If the companies realize that certain sweeteners don't take heat well, one would think that they would try to keep the temps controlled. Obviously, they don't really care about the health of the consumer.

citric acid causes sodium benzoate (preservative 211) to turn to benzine... or so Im told. stay away from the Mt Dew. Stay away from all soda might be an all round healthier option

edit on 6-9-2012 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

Aspartame is 'negatively affected" in heat. Funny how they don't really get into how.

When it's heated over 86ºF, the " wood alcohol in Aspartame converts to Formaldehyde, and then to Formic Acid. Patients with methanol toxicity caused by drinking 3-4 Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi per day, have been caused to have MS or Systemic Lupus symptoms..." :Source

It's a freaking neurotoxin.

Naturally occurring formaldehyde in fruits and vegetables:

Link here.

I guess we're screwed no matter what we eat right?

Thank you for that link. Very interesting!

I don't think we are screwed, though. If we eat a diet of real foods; vary it; stay away from obvious sources of pollution and poisons, our bodies are resilient. We can handle small amounts of bad stuff. What we can't do is flood our systems with poisons and not expect to get sick.

Soda isn't real food, in any case.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My favorite sweetener of all time is good old fashion "Sugar" If for some reason one should watch their Sugar intake then I advice Moderation or no soda at all.
[/quote

People should go back to learning to make their own soda. The flavorings are sold at homee brew stores, a bit of sugar, cap it and you are done.

Perhaps if most people would drink 'water' and only soda as a treat it and avoid buying from mega companies big enough to buy off the FDA. What they are selling is cheap and everywhere for a reason, it is bait to get you to eat their poison.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by ninjas4321

This is why I only drink water or milk. Although, they are probably contaminated as well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I really dont understand this alternative sweetener issue..Wtf is wrong with sugar? Itll give you a cavity? Oh, well guess what, aspartame will give you CANCER.

nothing wrong with sugar, just wish they actually used sugar instead of HFCS in 99% of sweet drinks and much more. for the moment i stick with sucrulose based products or sugar based products, no HFCS or other sweeteners for me thanks. throwback Mountain Dew anyone?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
you guys suck... i was REALLY going to enjoy this aspartame and aceK filled pepsi max (i checked, its in there)... but now im gonna be paranoid the whole time...

who says ignorance ISNT bliss...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
uh, just drink the throwback version....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
uh, just drink the throwback version....

i liked the 0 Cal, 0 Sugar of pepsi max...

now what do i drink...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The poisoning of America by the FDA.... All you need to know about the FDA is in the OP article

In 1998, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of ace-K despite its known safety dangers.

Stop drinking sodas period they cause kidney stones too, drink real fresh juices and filtered water. I use Agave nectar and or stevia for sweetener or none at all. You can grow your own stevia. If you drink fruit juices you don't need any sweetener.
edit on 6-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Good luck with that.
I'm pretty sure they don't use sugar any more in soft drinks...cuts into their profit margin....besides, HFCS is more addictive than sugar, and is more likely to make you fat.....

The throwback products use sugar. But I have difficulty finding those. It seems the stores always sell out if they do carry them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Simple solution; don't drink Pepsi.. or for that matter any other fizzy drinks. Keep away from processed foods and ready meals and you avoid a good percentage of problem ingredients. It's not that difficult but the reality is, people love to eat and drink junk. Clogged arteries will probably kill you before the Ace-K.
edit on 6-9-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I know, I was actually referring to natural sweeteners as apposed to a bunch of detrimental chemicals

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just want to add on this thread that ive given up soda/fizzy pop, i drink water throughout the day, have some juice at lunch and tea (because im english
) when i get home.

Its not changed my life dramatically but i think it was a good decision to make because of all the sugars/sweeteners in them, not to mention they're carbonated.

And the PRICE!! 70p for 330ml! i can get 6 bottles of 500ml water for a POUND!
edit on 6-9-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

thank you so much for this post my neighbor lady drinkis diet dew 5 or 6 cans a day and has been feeling very sick lately she stores her diet dew in an outside barn were temperature often reaches triple digits so i am betting this might be cause of her symptoms

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join