It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we Think? Why are we Here? My Take on the Truth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I must concede that contemplation has always been one of my strong points...
I repeatedly become lost down the rabbit hole.

I have so much to contribute, but whenever I begin to form a response, I feel my thoughts compound, and begin to haze and slip away. I liken it to a variable lampshade, that can be manipulated to shroud the flow of the Truth.

To borrow a phrase from a favorite TV show, "The Truth Is Out There"...

Sites like this one can offer many glimpses into the hearts and minds of other individuals who, like me, want to find the answers. The problems begin when we get into areas of perceived reality that differ from others' perceptions.

When you believe something, you automatically incorporate it into your thought process. It becomes difficult to set those thoughts and beliefs, and the emotions associated with them, aside when contemplating things outside of our comfort zone, intellectually speaking.

I have the unfortunate ability to find fault in everything that comes from man. Even those that I respect and trust, tend to, occasionally do and say things that I don't necessarily agree with. This always leads me to look at the source for these disagreements. Do they spring from me? Are they my faults that arise, when I feel the Truth being denied? Or is it the one speaking or acting, that gives me cause for dismay? Or...Could it be something else altogether? A force that resides on this planet, that is a master of disguise, deception and trickery?

I'd like to say that I have the answers. But, unfortunately, I can only tell you what I believe.

When I ponder the likeness of God, I see what the Bible tells me that he looks like. We were made in His image. But that goes against everything else, that we perceive from our Creator. We see each other as bumbling idiots. How could God, look like us? How could a being that looks like a man, have the unimaginable power to do what He must have done? So...This forces us to look at man. What qualities have we been able to quantify, as the essense of man? What greatness have we recorded? What miracles have we written of, and talked about? What man has ever lived and been documented to have ever came close to being what we perceive as the the most powerful entity imaginable? The Truth that existed in human form, with the Power of God?

I can think of only one...

The problem with being human, is our inability to conceive the sheer Power involved with being God! Our greatest achievments and abilities are a mere shadow, in the presence of the Almighty. The sole reason that a man could not survive being in the presence of Him, is because to "see" Him, would be to know Him. And to know what He is, would be so physically and emotionally overwhelming, in our current form, we would be unable to hold it all. The weight of Everything, forced into our tiny brains...I picture a universal-sized black hole, with a density down to a singularity...Exploding! Like a reverse big bang, and then a big bang again...

If God is Infinite why did he choose, now, to create us? Hmmmm...

I believe God..Exists. But the very meaning of the word, "exist", incorporates time. Why? Because that is how we think. But why do we think in terms of time? I believe that it is by design. We are programmed to think this way. Why? And by Whom? Man would have us believe that we invented time, to track the seasons, so that we could optimize our harvests. But I postulate a different theory.

What if time was incorporated into our DNA? What if our so-called biological clock had a more auspicious purpose? Suppose, contrary to those who cater to reincarnation theory, that we only have ONE life, to figure out why we live in the first place? Why should we get a do-over?

There is much too much evidence on our planet to dismiss intelligent design. It is in everything that we can experience with our senses. And, in everything that we can't experience, in this lifeform. But even the latter, beckons to us, if we would only acknowledge it!

I kept you long enough, but let me finish by saying this;
Every man, woman and child on this planet, was born with a purpose. The "gift of life" sounds so profound, but let me say that it is not. The true gift given to us by our Creator, is the one of consciousness.
This life is merely a conduit for the opportunity to be self-aware. And, as a sentient being we have been tasked with fulfilling our purpose. There has to be a reason for existence. Otherwise, God would have kept doing, whatever is was that He was doing, before He created us...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here let me have your hand, so I can help pull you out of that rabbit-hole...okay on 1, 2, 3, PUSHHHHH, PULLLLLLLLLLLLL....

Now that you're free, let's start with this saying: Make the inner like the outer and the outer as the inner, and there is the truth.

It's inside you as a pearl of great price, and you'll have ponder if you sell everything you've bought in order to buy the pearl or decide not to while knowing you could have purchased it....freely, at the cost of your illusions...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Oh, I've bought the Pearl, and have the shambles of a life to prove it.
My intent, is to bridge the gap between believers and non-believers. I feel so sad for the lambs that have been caught up in satan's snares.
But I also struggle with how a true God can punish anyone or anything, after this experiment has ran it's course.
Wouldn't a God of Infinite love, cherish and build up ALL of His creations? Including all of His angels?
I seek to answer all of the questions that stand as a barrier between man and God.
And, with nothing but the Bible and the Holy Ghost, I continue my quest...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Which pearl did you buy? The white one or the black one? Or the invisible one of illusion?

Don't let your ego answer the question...let go of everthing you've ever believed in and just use your gut feeling, and now ask "which one?"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Where alive to contribute to the economic system each family is an economic unit ,a component in the economic machine. Well thats what im reading here in my illuminati enyclopeida.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

interresting, i belive were just here for experiences. What we viewed as sci-fi 40 years ago is coming to reality today. Were just here for the experiences and creative thinking. If we knew everything, we wouldnt be able to "invent" new things.
No doubt in my mind that there is / we are intelligent design.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I simply responded to your metaphor, with one of my own.
What I "purchased" was without cost to me, and was already paid for by the Blood of Christ.
I just had to give up what was never mine, that which only seemed like I possessed it, because that's what the great deceptor wanted me to think.
Illusions, come from but one source.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

"Inventions", are just claims laid to forgotten and re-discovered ancient knowledge...
Everything already exists.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My thoughts continued:

I'm going to try to put my thoughts into words...So, bear with me....

When we try to think outside the box and imagine, God, we constantly run into multiple paradoxes.
The reason that we do this, is because every thought that we ponder is intertwined with time.
This very reason is why we can't understand the Creator.

Let me give you an example. Imagine this...

Think back to the big bang. Try to picture, "nothing". And then suddenly, everything racing out from a singularity to become the known Universe. Well, where did this singularity exist if there was nothing?
It had to come from a starting point, according to science, right?
But, if nothing existed, how could the singularity exist?

OK. Now go back further, in your mind. God, has always been, right?

Before man, before stars and planets, before the whole Universe...What was God doing before all of this? Way before, like a trillion Universal lives, ago? Was He just alone?

So, at some point, He created everything we know. But, being All-Knowing, He knew He was going to create us, and all of this. Why did He wait? But, God doesn't require "time" in anything that He does. So, an instant, is the same as an eternity, to God, right? Did God require thought prior to Creation? No. There is no need for thought, if One is all-knowing! What would there be to think about?

Could we call it, desire? God decided He would like to create a Universe full of stuff. Most of this stuff is invisible but some can be quantified by the beings that He created with it. What is the purpose of all of this stuff and these beings? Why do these beings struggle with their own existence and purpose?

Maybe we are an experiment. But an all-knowing God would already know how the experiment would turn out! So, that can't be it.

What if we are here, to figure out why we are here? What if the gift of the Creator, was that of Consciousness, not existence?
What if each of us, is one of the fallen ones, that chose Lucifer's side and secretly despised God? What if, this is our opportunity to redeem ourselves in His eyes, and reclaim our rightful place in Eternity? Having been stripped of all knowledge of our sins, and placed on this rock, to figure out why we turned our backs on Eternal Love, and joined with the wicked one. One chance at redemption, because that's what a truly Loving God, would do...

Maybe this is why we have such a profound sense of time? We must remember. We have to "humble" ourselves and ask for His forgiveness. He has shown us that it can be done. Jesus proved that.

Like the adage, "Out with the old and in with the new". This is our trial. This planet can be our grave or it can be our proving grounds, and the catalyst back to His side, where we belong...!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You have some interesting points.

Have you read the "Conversations with God" series by Neale Donald Walsche? If not, I think you would enjoy it!

I'm not sure if it is all true or not, but it will give you some things to think about.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

Thank you...I have not read that...I have some other stuff that I have tried to get off the ground, with respect to our way of seeing things...Let me know if you would like to read more...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting topic and posts and thank you OP for your thoughts. For me, it is simple. I try to keep everything simple. Thoughts are the doom of us all. We think and think and think life to death instead of accepting and living. God is. Do we need to know more than that?

He made us in His image? Says who? A book written by men? Common sense should tell us all that we are in no way in the image of God. God is beyond even having an "image." There is no concept of "image" to God. Image is a human thing...

God made us human and God understands what that means. He doesn't expect us to be more than human.

Regarding time...time is a human thing, yes? Time has no meaning to God and has no meaning to our souls. Time only has meaning to us when we are human.

And you discuss the concept of "nothing." What is nothing? Is there such a thing? Is it a thing? Or is it the absence of a "thing." I look at "nothing" this way: meditate and try to get back to where you were before you were born. Clear your mind completely. No thoughts. There's still something there isn't there? The soul...it lives forever...has lived forever and will live forever. Just as the universe has been here forever and just like God has been here forever. You want to know when time began. Again, time is a human concept.

What was and what will be really doesn't matter. All that matters is what is in front of you right now. Right now, at this moment, what is missing?

top topics

join