It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - The Stanton Friedman Story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Is Stanton Friedman the real deal or a fake??? What is your opinion??? Me I think he is real.

Published on Aug 14, 2012 by UFOTVstudios
Are Flying Saucers Real? Take a biographical look at Stanton T. Friedman, who for the past 40 years has been the world's foremost investigator and lecturer on the UFO phenomenon, also credited with breaking the famous Roswell UFO case. He has authored over 70 UFO articles, and is the author of two books "Crash at Carona" and "Top Secret MAJIC."

About a hour long, a good Vid.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think he's sincere, but somewhat narrow-minded. He ignores aspects of the phenomenon that say, Jacques Vallee, doesn't, and as such he may be missing some important clues.

He also spent a lot of time wasting time running around trying to prove the MJ-12 papers were real. I had hopes, too, initially, but most folk were wise to the scam long before he was. See my links below for further details.

He's certainly worth listening to and considering the points he makes.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I agree with the GUT, he's very narrow minded, he's either *purposefully* ignores certain aspects of the phenomena or is very ignorant.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
@ TheGut
@ Sinny

I'm not saying your wrong, havent listened to him a great deal but he seemed ok to me so EXAMPLES please of his narrow mindedness.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When I say I believe he is the real deal, he is in my opinion in what he believes yes.
But as far as he knows all the real facts about UFO'S ..No.
But I am still researching about a major UFO triangle flap that happened were I live in the early 80's... I know what I saw....and dame it was not from this world.
Before that event I never believed in UFO's.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I agree with the GUT, he's very narrow minded, he's either *purposefully* ignores certain aspects of the phenomena or is very ignorant.

Stanton will be the first to tell you that he purposefully ignores certain aspects of the phenomena. He clearly states he's only interested in "flying saucers". He also has stated numerous times lately that he is not opposed to the EDH as an explanation for some ufo's or phenomena, but he still holds onto the ETH as an explanation also...

Also this clip on UFOTV looks like a re-edit of Kimball's "Stanton Friedman is Real"...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Is Stanton Friedman the real deal or a fake??? What is your opinion???

Hey thanks for the good post.

Stanton is probably the smartest UFO researcher there ever was. He is a rocket engine scientist and that was like the 60s, I am not familiar but I know he is like the smartest. Lazar is actually smart too, funny.

There is a reason why Friedman is still talking about UFOs,

It was because of the Roswell witnesses.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Stanton is probably the smartest UFO researcher there ever was. He is a rocket engine scientist
He's smart and sincere but try nuclear engineer, not rocket scientist.

Regarding his narrow-mindedness, wouldn't his trying to prove the MJ-12 documents real be an example when they had been pretty much accepted as hoaxes?

I may not agree with everything he says but I find him an entertaining speaker. On thing I do agree with him on is that neither one of us would go to the opposite side of the planet to get a loaf of bread as he discusses here:

Stan Friedman - The Skeptic arguments against UFOs

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The man is a freakin nuclear engineer!!! And he believes in the UFOs of non earth origin, so thats a plus for us small group of believers, huh? BTW whatever happened to Lazar? I had a genuine interest in him, yea the guy liked prostitutes...who doesnt? Lol thats a personal thing and should'nt reflect him an his beliefs on the subject of extraterrestial tech....plus the guy helped with the security camera systems at the brothel.....
Anyways, I think stanton is the real deal.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
The man is a freakin nuclear engineer!!! And he believes in the UFOs of non earth origin, so thats a plus for us small group of believers, huh? BTW whatever happened to Lazar? I had a genuine interest in him, yea the guy liked prostitutes...who doesnt? Lol thats a personal thing and should'nt reflect him an his beliefs on the subject of extraterrestial tech....plus the guy helped with the security camera systems at the brothel.....
Friedman, who really knows something about science, says it's pretty obvious to him that Lazar is lying about his credintials and even if they hid his records he should know stuff he doesn't know, so in other words, Lazar is NOT the real deal according to Friedman, prostitutes aside. No doubt Friedman is right about that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Regarding his narrow-mindedness, wouldn't his trying to prove the MJ-12 documents real be an example when they had been pretty much accepted as hoaxes?

Actually, the only one who could of sent those documents to Jaime Shandera would be in the area of RIck Doty. We know Rick lies and fabricates, but we also know he takes documents with real information and adds fabrications. So the path wasn't leading him in the wrong direction.

Stanton was right in the middle of it all because he was one of the earliest on the scene to Roswell from a lead he had. Because Stanton saw the witnesses as credible and couldn't get out of the field after.

I may not agree with everything he says but I find him an entertaining speaker. On thing I do agree with him on is that neither one of us would go to the opposite side of the planet to get a loaf of bread as he discusses here:

The video doesn't have sound. Stanton is the only one in the field who admits he makes a living off the field and is successful. Here is Stanton's own documentary.

Also wanted to embed your video, thanks it looks new.

edit on 6-9-2012 by greyer because: embed

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Explain how he is ignorant and narrow minded.

All videos I've seen of him, I've always hear him talk and stress about "data" and "facts". He has never really assert anything that would make me think he's ignorant or narrow minded.
IMO I think Stanton Friedman is an honest and genuine UFO researcher.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Actually, the only one who could of sent those documents to Jaime Shandera would be in the area of RIck Doty. We know Rick lies and fabricates, but we also know he takes documents with real information and adds fabrications. So the path wasn't leading him in the wrong direction.

Stanton was right in the middle of it all because he was one of the earliest on the scene to Roswell from a lead he had. Because Stanton saw the witnesses as credible and couldn't get out of the field after.

The video doesn't have sound. Stanton is the only one in the field who admits he makes a living off the field and is successful. Here is Stanton's own documentary.

Also wanted to embed your video, thanks it looks new.

edit on 6-9-2012 by greyer because: embed

Thanks for posting those vids
, I'm always looking for something new to watch and I havent watched any of those yet but thats what I'm going to do right now

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Stanton will be the first to tell you that he purposefully ignores certain aspects of the phenomena. He clearly states he's only interested in "flying saucers". He also has stated numerous times lately that he is not opposed to the EDH as an explanation for some ufo's or phenomena, but he still holds onto the ETH as an explanation also...

Sounds right. The EDH (Extra-Dimensional Hypothesis) is just a way of answering the origin of UFOs, by waving your hands in the air in exasperation and saying "I haven't a damn clue. They come from somewhere else, just not anywhere that we know actually exists, like another physical planet."

Maybe the "mental dimension, maybe the psycho-social dimension, maybe a parallel universe, maybe the previously believed to be mythical dimension of heaven and hell...maybe, you know, anything"

So the EDH is the perfect hypothesis, since it is not really a hypothesis at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

He liked prostitutes? He was or maybe still is a pandering pimp.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Friedman, who really knows something about science, says it's pretty obvious to him that Lazar is lying about his credintials and even if they hid his records he should know stuff he doesn't know, so in other words, Lazar is NOT the real deal according to Friedman, prostitutes aside. No doubt Friedman is right about that.

He describes a lunchroom or dinning hall at "area 51."
As in one single lunchroom/DH.

The place is freaking huge. JANET flights shuttle several thousand people daily to and from the site. So, a, lunchroom for some many people must be one heck of a mes hall or refractory rather. It must be the size of an auditorium. I just can't feature they are feeding MIT PhD-s like they do for instance on an aircraft carrier.

I'm sure it looks more like> www.arisingimages.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Lazar isn't even a factor anymore. He's MIA. Stanton Friedman and Jim Marrs are in my opinion the two best sources for factual info regarding ufos.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by innocenttdreams
reply to post by Sinny

Explain how he is ignorant and narrow minded.

All videos I've seen of him, I've always hear him talk and stress about "data" and "facts". He has never really assert anything that would make me think he's ignorant or narrow minded.

IMO I think Stanton Friedman is an honest and genuine UFO researcher.

I've chatted at some length with him face to face at more than one conference.

I don't, per se, consider him narrow minded.

HOWEVER, he has seemed to buy into the party line. Whether that's because he actually BELIEVES the party line or is somehow linked into the PTB or paid to take that role, I don't know.

He does seem to ignore, dismiss, refuse to accept the abundant evidence that the critters are spiritual and evil from a spiritual dimension as very smart and dilligent scientist Dr Jacques Vallee determined after 10 years of extensive study.

Stanton seems to accept the party line that the critters are all as they present themselves to be--citizens of distant planets. That . . . blindness . . . willful or otherwise . . . leaves me not trusting him fully.

On the whole, I believe he is one of the smartest, if not the smartest of the big name researchers. I believe, actually, that he did a pretty thorough job on the MJ-12 documents and that his conclusions are likely quite apt.

Yes, he could be part of a vast disinformation project as well. Given his clearances and past jobs . . . it wouldn't surprise me greatly.

However, on the whole, he comes across as a sort of mix between a friendly old moderately fiesty curmudgeon and Walter Brennen. He's certainly witty. And, he doesn't exactly suffer fools gladly or easily. He seems to delight in flushing their idiotic questions with witty one liners.

I'd trust him to be honest about a lot. I might even trust him with a considerable sum of money.

I don't think I'd trust his opinions and/or his role in the whole UFO drama 100% completely. IT seems to me that he's either willfully blind; or dismissiing blocks of stuff for whatever reasons--bias or mystery; or he's some degree of shill for the PTB.

The last conversation I had with him, he asked my name. That was out of the blue. A surprise. He'd never done that. I kept wondering if it was because of the pointed questions I'd just asked, pressing the point of the evil components, plausibilities etc. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he collected information on folks who asserted such NON-kosher things.

On the whole, I like him. I enjoy him. I believe he has a lot to offer the solid research components of the field. He does his homework way above average, imho.

Sadly, I cannot trust him completely because his beliefs seem to fly in the face of significant blocks of evidence. I don't understand his ignoring such evidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman is not real. It's just been a weather balloon going around doing research and giving lectures.

But no, I think Stanton Friedman is a great ufologist. He's the father of modern ufology. I'd also challenge the claims that he "ignores" other aspects of the phenomenon. He has, as he calls it, his "grey basket" when he feels certain aspect don't have sufficient data and information. He's keeping himself grounded, and I think it's a very wise move to make in ufology.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join