It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Could Be The Largest Synchronized Quadrocopter Drone Swarm Ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This Could Be The Largest Synchronized Quadrocopter Drone Swarm Ever

www.theblaze.com

Gizmodo describes the formation of 49 AscTec Hummingbird quadrocopters by Ars Electronica Futurelab and Ascending Technologies GmbH as “unnerving.”

“It gets even creepier when the quadrocopters team up and become a giant swarm, morphing into different shapes like a living organism,” Gizmodo’s Casey Chan writes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.engadget.com
www.sciencenewsdaily.org
edit on 5-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: sp

edit on 5-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--ALL CAPS TITLE.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This presents a good reason to think again when seeing something unusual in the skies!

These make for great entertainment and I am sure there could be some very useful applications but also...

Unfortunately these could be used for great harm if they were to block airports or carry weapons.

They can form shapes with "forming shapes and moving with pinpoint accuracy." That would be very impressive to watch I am sure!

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

cool story!

Is the all caps headline necessary though?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

cool story!

Is the all caps headline necessary though?

Lol Sorry did not even notice! it says copy and paste so I did. Guess I am not able to change that. Pretty new at posting threads.

Maybe they could add these to Laser Light shows and have that instead of fireworks for celebrations, save on the fires.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The synchronicity in the video is amazing

You can have sneaky big brother, but imagine these in the skies monitoring your every activity
It would surely instill fear wouldn't it

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

very true!

I am wondering if average people could at some point be affording these, seems like there would a lot of ..stuff.. in the sky!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

My question is, how long this type of tech has really been being under testing.

And what 'they' really have.

This could very well explain a handful of UFO sightings when one considers that it is technology being tested.

Great video, thank you.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Looks like the lights in Mexico city.

CX

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Now imagine them armed.

Coming to a neighborhood near you.

CX.
edit on 5/9/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Now imagine them armed.

Coming to a neighborhood near you.

CX.
edit on 5/9/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

With lights out they could look through your windows easy, unless they are loud. I wonder how noisy these are.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That's just here on Earth.

Now, Imagine a few thousand stealth softball sized drones floating in a man made constellation out in space ready to pounce on an adversaries Satellite or incoming missiles....

Star Wars: It has begun

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Those things could easily be used for an LED like display in the sky. Good lord here come the sky billboards

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

In my opinion if they are releasing this information to the public, this technology has been around for a good time. This would explain most ufo sightings as i'm sure there is more advanced technology yet to be released to the public.

i honestly don't think anyone has seen an 'alien' spacecraft in modern times as i believe we would have undeniable proof by now and not just lights in the sky.

This really makes you think what technologies have been developed that the general public still has not seen.
edit on 5-9-2012 by FlyingCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
Those things could easily be used for an LED like display in the sky. Good lord here come the sky billboards

You know, I was just thinking that if they reduced them in size enough, they could make 3d displays out of them. Like a hologram, but with substance. That would be so cool.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingCow

In my opinion if they are releasing this information to the public, this technology has been around for a good time. This would explain most ufo sightings as i'm sure there is more advanced technology yet to be released to the public.

i honestly don't think anyone has seen an 'alien' spacecraft in modern times as i believe we would have undeniable proof by now and not just lights in the sky.

This really makes you think what technologies have been developed that the general public still has not seen.

Yes it does explain all the "Chinese lantern" looking UFO's that moved to oddly to be lanterns. Today I don't see anyway to be sure there is a real UFO unless it landed and an alien being came out in front of you, since we have seen the saucer shaped drones also!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingCow

this "technology" is 4 rotors. it's not scifi tech. it's not using antigravity or something like that lol.

here's a picture of what they look like close up. well, there are many designs, but this is a nice one

you could literally build one yourself from parts from radioshack. it's not secret tech.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Lmao alright now that i see that it does seem very simple. Probably just a little computing to get them in synchronization and the color to change.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
These quadrocopters look super cool! Why are we not building these bigger, can u imagine racing them from the cockpit(Man inside)!
edit on 5-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCow

I couldn't say for sure, but the AI for those copters is probably not as complicated as it might seem. Probably a combination of proximity sensors and altimeters, wouldn't be surprised if there's some wireless communication going on as-well.

As for touchable holograms:

Most of us understand that a hologram is a projected three-dimensional image made up of beams of light. If you put your hand up to a hologram, it’ll pass straight through. Now, a team of Japanese researchers have devised a way to give a hologram a “surface” that you can feel when it touches your hand. The result are holograms that you can actually interact with using your hand, and can feel when you “touch” them.

www.geek.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Here come the "Touchable" Japanese schoolgirl holograms me thinks! LoL

On a more serious note the possibilitys! Im thinking Holodecks some time soon??? Probably not through.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join