It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Earth Asteroid Sept 14 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They only tell us when they know it will miss and its NOT! a alien ship!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki420th

I hope it doesn't decide to stop by for your birthday party.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
99.99 percent of the time an asteroid that size and at that distance won't cause any events or effects here on earth.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki420th
nice, hopefully it'll raise our consciousness^^ oh actualy my birthday is that day, thats kinda awesome

Weird...my B day too.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Did anyone see this topic and at first go "Cool!" and then go "Why is this in the 2012 section?" I think this would probably do better in the Space section now that the OP has been informed that this asteroid is harmless. What's MORE scary is that no one is watching for asteroids and also no one is making any preparations for an asteroid impact. There's just no funding and then scientists just don't really care at this moment. So if one WERE headed our way, there would be nothing we could do about it anyway.

I wonder if they'll have a cool live stream on this one like they did for Yu55-2005? I really enjoyed watching that one and then watching it move further and further away.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just once after one of these things, I'd like to hear a Whoooooosssshhhhhh! and a real good Doppler effect.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

can anyone who knows anything about asteroids tell us if we will see changes, more earthquakes, climate, anythign? you would think if it is that close there would be some effect.

The only object outside of the Earth that might influence quakes is the Moon. The Moon might be correlated with some low intensity not so common quakes. The other planets and the Sun are not correlated with quakes. An asteroid just isn't big enough.

Nothing will happen due to the passage of an asteroid.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

There estimates on the number of large chunks that we have missed. It is under 1000 last time I saw the estimate. That's still a fair number of things that pass by us. Space is large and these objects are small enough that detection is hard until they come close to us.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

It's niburu

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
The scary part is that they just discovered it. Makes you wonder what else is heading this way... at a much closer distance

....And at much much much faster speeds.

We owe our existence partially to the enormity of space, otherwise these would be hitting us all to regularly.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well Happy b-day to all born on this day, Wish upon a star or a asteroid passing by

top topics

<< 1   >>

join