It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 found shot in French Alps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
maybe this was a kidnap exchange that went wrong , since the young girl was outside the car and the old lady was inside .

if this was a family dispute and the killers had hold of the young girl it could be that the old lady was connected to the kidnappers family and had been taken in order to make an exchange and some thing went wrong.

I don't think so, as the people from the campsite knew both the older woman and the older girl (they were the ones that alerted the authorities for the missing younger child), so it looks like they all left the campsite together.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
A statement from Surrey Satellite Technologies' CEO was published yesterday on their site.

Saad worked at SSTL as a Mechanical Design Engineer from November 2010. Saad’s colleagues will remember him as an experienced and committed engineer who worked as part of a tightly knit team. He was a personal friend to many of our staff here.

Source

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And then CNN publishes this saying he was unknown. Bad press work or purposeful confusion.

What is known about the victims is that Saad al-Hilli was an Iraqi-born engineer who lived in Claygate in Surrey, south of London, with his wife and two daughters. He was born in 1962 and was a naturalized British citizen.

He was completely unknown to French and British counterterrorism and intelligence services at the time of his death, Maillaud said.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

They also said white 4x4 at first, then green. I guess there's always glitches in the reporting.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I read about a green and a white 4x4 (besides a motorcycle), but they also said that almost everyone there has a 4x4, as expected in a mountain area.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Also odd are the chances of all these people being there at the same time, the Iraqi wheeler dealer (his multi named companies in Swindon. AMS 1087, 1088, SHTech, AMS Accounts etc, this is classic 'front') who was under surveillance from MI5, a guy who works in Zirconium used in the nuclear industry, and then the retired RAF officer.

The guy also told his neighbour about fears for his family in Iraq, indicating something bigger happening than just a family fued about inheritance.
edit on 8-9-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

What Iraqi wheeler dealer? The father came to Britain when he was a young child and had a respectable, rather mundane, job. He was only allegedly under survelance by MI5 15 years ago (this may be disinfo though). And the cyclist who was killed likewise had a normal, mundane job. There are many ex RAF people in the world. The neighbour said nothing about fears for any family in Iraq - unless you've spoken to him and have new information not yet revealed? All in all, nothing odd about any of that. The actual murder though being a different matter.

There are enough strange things about this case without inventing new impaginary conspiracy elements!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by SilverWraith

There are reports that a Swedish and Iraqi passport were found but no confirmation of ID. However the French authorities are yet to formally ID as awaiting DNA tests.

Edit: the mother was Iraqi. So presumably her passport.
edit on 8-9-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

He is of Iraqi origin, has family in Iraq, one of his family businesses is in Iraq, his ethnic origin is Iraqi. He also had a lot of business interests in a lot of company names, see previous posts where I listed them. I know the exact unit in which these 8 or so businesses supposedly are and only maybe 2 of them actually exist. Therefore the other company names were trading names, all registered to the same industrial unit and most showing profits of only a few thousands. These multi company names are normally the realm of wheeler dealer type transactions. Additionally this is literally very local, and this AMS company is renowned for advertising reception staff via local recruitment agencies, I know this as I talked to a recruitment agent colleague about it once and I was given the impression that it was slightly suspicious, as these little trading units often are.

Chances are, as this guy was also doing freelance aerospace tech, if there ever is such a thing, and aerial photography, under his own steam he was making deals here and there and possibly some were't legitimate or maybe even weren't legal, or some of the people might have been hardcore criminals or involved in illegal industries, spying, anything.

People aren't always innocent despite some 'friends' saying how sweet they were. I know of plenty of people that put on their sweet face to the world, and trust me, they aren't sweet. A lot of the worlds worst criminals aren't living the low life and plenty of them look outwardly as respectable parents, managers, successful ladder climbers etc, but they are far from respectable or trustworthy.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

There are reports that a Swedish and Iraqi passport were found but no confirmation of ID. However the French authorities are yet to formally ID as awaiting DNA tests.

And? Tell us something we didn't know already. I was just saying there wasn't any formal ID yet but there were 2 passports found.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Also odd are the chances of all these people being there at the same time, the Iraqi wheeler dealer (his multi named companies in Swindon. AMS 1087, 1088, SHTech, AMS Accounts etc, this is classic 'front') who was under surveillance from MI5, a guy who works in Zirconium used in the nuclear industry, and then the retired RAF officer.

The guy also told his neighbour about fears for his family in Iraq, indicating something bigger happening than just a family fued about inheritance.

What Iraqi wheeler dealer? The father came to Britain when he was a young child and had a respectable, rather mundane, job. He was only allegedly under survelance by MI5 15 years ago (this may be disinfo though). And the cyclist who was killed likewise had a normal, mundane job. There are many ex RAF people in the world. The neighbour said nothing about fears for any family in Iraq - unless you've spoken to him and have new information not yet revealed? All in all, nothing odd about any of that. The actual murder though being a different matter.

There are enough strange things about this case without inventing new impaginary conspiracy elements!

Stating facts and possibilities isn't ''imaginary''. Here is a report www.mirror.co.uk... that says about fearing for his family in Iraq, there are others. I posted the links to them and the quotes. So before you go flaming people for sharing relevant information, check the information given.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The French police are yet to establish the if the passport even belongs to the same woman and the womans connection to their family. It happens that this is headline news, it isn't some ''imaginary'' conspiracy.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Who is she? French police trying to work out how Swedish woman fits with al-Hilli family

At a press conference in Annecy today Mr Maillaud confirmed police still had not definitively established the woman's connection to the family. He said: "The Swedish authorities have been contacted. The only confirmation we have is the passport corresponds to a person of Swedish nationality who lives in Sweden. "At the moment no link has been made between the passport and the older woman or her relationship to the family."

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
News update, searching for a man seen ''racing'' from the scene.

www.mirror.co.uk...

A man in a black shirt seen speeding from the scene of the French Alps shootings in a white car is being hunted by French police. Sylvie Lecouer, 49, had to swerve to avoid a “white Peugeot 206 or 306” near where Saad al-Hilli’s BMW was attacked. Mrs Lecoeur, who was driving back from a supermarket near Chevaline, said yesterday: “He was coming down the hill on the wrong side. I was terrified. “At the last minute he braked and swerved and so did I so we just avoided hitting each other. “It was a small white car, maybe a Peugeot 306 or 206. I think it was a French car, but I can’t be sure. “There was one man behind the wheel. He was a white man. He had thick, jet black hair, which was cut short. He was wearing a black shirt, a polo neck. He looked very agitated. “He was driving as though he was in a car chase. That’s why he only saw me at the last second. “He gestured with his hands like he was desperate to get me out of the way. I see it happened just after 4pm because I looked at my receipt from the shop.” Police have interviewed Mrs Lecouer about the sighting.

on the wrong side of the road...possibly wasn't French?

www.mirror.co.uk...

Chief investigator Eric Maillaud yesterday suggested she is only alive because the assassin left in a hurry after using up all his ammunition. Mr Maillaud said: “They possibly ran out of cartridges or the murderer possibly thought that he had killed her and wanted to go off quickly. I consider it a miracle.”

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Stating facts and possibilities isn't ''imaginary''. Here is a report www.mirror.co.uk... that says about fearing for his family in Iraq, there are others.

Tabloid speculation is not fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You are relying on conspiracy blog speculation and imagination rather than fact. Don't jump to the conclusions you want to be true. He was not a 'wheeler dealer' in any sense of the word according to what we currently know.

Edit: if you what you claim about knowing about his business connections are correct then I assume you have contacted the police and cannot comment further.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Stating facts and possibilities isn't ''imaginary''. Here is a report www.mirror.co.uk... that says about fearing for his family in Iraq, there are others.

Tabloid speculation is not fact.

I never said it was. I referred to known facts and possibilities. Do you not understand the nature of investigations, looking beneath the surface is imperative and this looks like a planned assassination and ambush, there has to be motive.

The police are looking at motives, people are speculting possible motives. This is probably a real conspiracy and this is a conspiracy site. If you want to look at the surface then perhaps conspiracy sites aren't for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You are relying on conspiracy blog speculation and imagination rather than fact. Don't jump to the conclusions you want to be true. He was not a 'wheeler dealer' in any sense of the word according to what we currently know.

Edit: if you what you claim about knowing about his business connections are correct then I assume you have contacted the police and cannot comment further.

Wheeler dealer = opportunist.

Freelancing here and there, having many small businesses with names like AMS 1087, AMS 1088, AMS 1089, AMS 1091, AMS 1092, AMS Accounts, SHTech, Aerospace, Aerial Photography, Satellite Installation etc most at the same address, suggests an opportunist of sorts.

Also even if he was being observed from 2003, because of Iraqi connections, chances are he could still be monitored, given the fragile nature of relations in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I guess when it comes to conspiracies, the mundane is never an option?

Which in turn is why conspiracy theorists get derided so.

Meantime, I'll await facts before jumping to assumptions. Though I note one credible theory is that it was about chickens.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Mundane or not, every aspect of the guys life will be upturned to determine motives. If the guy ran a few businesses, sent packages to Iraq or wherever, met people for business, as friends, family, all will be assessed, acquaintances, contacts, anything mundane or suspicious. If it could lead to a motive it will be probed.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's true

I just don't see this as being quite the conspiracy, involving any govt agencies, that some think, though it may be something more bizarre than any one has yet suggested.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Yeah, because people take their kids and the grandmother with them when they need some smack while camping in Southern France...

C'mon, think about things before you open your mouth.

Why do you have to be so damn rotten towards him? He shared his opinion on what he thought happened, which is what ATS is here for. You were completely unwarranted to give him the attitude that you did. Facts are sketchy at the moment and he was basing his opinion on what he knew at the time. And some people DO take their kids or other family with them to get drugs some times. Totally uncalled for.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join