It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 found shot in French Alps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

good point made re the background of the other victim on the bicycle.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

From the report i saw they said 3 of the 4 who were found dead were shot through the head. I had assumed it was all the people in the car. So were there only 2 people in the car shot in the head?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's the report from the local paper. Seems odd that this aerial photography business is in the same property as an accountancy.

www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...

Some views on possible links to being an Iraqi scientist and working in various fields.

thecomingcrisis.blogspot.co.uk...

news.sky.com...

The father-of-two shot dead along with his wife and daughters in France was an engineer and computer design expert who lived in Surrey, according to reports.

Saad al Hilli, 50, was originally from Baghdad, Iraq, but is thought to have moved to the UK in the 1970s. His family is thought to have left the Middle East country after their mechanical engineering business was looked upon "unfavourably"by Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath party.

edit on 6-9-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

All three were. This report has a photo of the car. There are reports that there was some sort of ''family tension''.

Timeline

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Saad al-Hilli, 50, his wife Iqbal, 47, and Mrs Hilli’s 77-year-old mother were all shot dead in a ruthlessly efficient execution-style killing inside their family car.

A French cyclist who was “in the wrong place at the wrong time” was also murdered. The Hillis’ seven-year-old daughter Zainab, who was battered and shot, and her four-year-old sister Zeena, who escaped the killers by hiding in a passenger footwell, were both under armed guard in separate hospitals last night for fear that the killers would return for the only remaining witnesses to the slaughter.

Police sources in France said that the “professional” nature of the murders, with three of the victims shot in the centre of the forehead, pointed to a contract killing, with a “family drama” one of the possible motives.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Its strange..it has the makings of a professional hit but at the same time some of the details are sloppy.

edit on 6-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Perhaps being disturbed by a cyclist threw things, Also the timeline, posted on previous post, shows the retired UK air force officer that found them was reportedly, literally seconds from it happening.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Perhaps being disturbed by a cyclist threw things, Also the timeline, posted on previous post, shows the retired UK air force officer that found them was reportedly, literally seconds from it happening.

Taking out one extra guy on a bike should be no problem for professionals.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Taking out one extra guy on a bike should be no problem for professionals.

this could also be the reason the shooter/s failed to police their brass..........

something smells fishy with this one...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good evening

I just wanted to add that here in France tonight , medias gave details on professional activities for this british guy who was a top aeronautical engineer :

He was at the top of 3 different companies : The first one deal with nano technologies , the second one with air surveillance and aerial photography and the last one with conception and installation of satellite dishes...

I think it may be very interesting details for the rest of the investigation...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

A French cyclist who was “in the wrong place at the wrong time” was also murdered. The Hillis’ seven-year-old daughter Zainab, who was battered and shot, and her four-year-old sister Zeena, who escaped the killers by hiding in a passenger footwell, were both under armed guard in separate hospitals last night for fear that the killers would return for the only remaining witnesses to the slaughter.

Battered?

Battered suggests to me that she was maybe trying to intervene, or maybe the gun man/men were possibly holding her as a hostage to get the family to do something. Or maybe she tried to flee?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think a link or segment on the BBC mentioned that the deceased cyclist over-took him on the same road.

Yeah here:

Mr Maillaud said the British cyclist was passing along a road and saw a BMW with the engine still running.

He saw the older girl collapsing in front of him, and helped her into a recovery position, then called firefighters. Mr Maillaud said "without doubt he saved the girl's life".

He then discovered the other cyclist, who had overtaken him earlier, dead on the road. He broke the driver's window of the car, and saw three bodies inside.

--

So if she was still up and walking and he saved her life, then he must have been within a small window.

--

The fracture injuries on the poor girl possibly suggest to being hit with a heavy or blunt instrument (a gun perhaps) or being dropped on the floor, it may also suggest she was shot elsewhere (not in the head?) and also not in the vehicle.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sorry to spam the thread, just found this:

Mr al-Hilli's seven-year-old daughter Zainab is in a coma after reportedly being beaten during the attack .

--

On another note, this is very intriguing. Apparently the male victim [Mr al-Hilli] had said 'something' to a neighbor before leaving.

Speaking to Sam Walker on the Richard Bacon Show on Radio 5 Live, he said: "I know one little thing which I am not prepared to speak (about) at the moment. I will tell the police about it.

"It was something Saad said to me before he went but at this stage I do not feel I can disclose that but I will tell the police exactly what he told me before he left."

Odd?
edit on 6-9-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My wife and I are going to Annecy and Chamonix in 2 weeks, our first time to the Alps. Will definately be more attentive to my surroundings.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
More than likely, just a drug deal gone bad. Nothing to see here folks...

Lmao. Yes. That's a perfectly good reason to drop the investigation. Good work, Officer Don'tworryaboutit

We might just promote you to captain if you keep up this fine track record of crime solving

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I dont understand why ATS is shutting Down or removing all the posts about this from the Breaking Alternative News forum.

There was plenty of posts about the shootings at the Batman opening in Breaking Alternative News and that was just a kid going crazy. This story has the makings of some real cloak and dagger stuff going on.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
\\\\\anyone get this up on the thead yet?
www.japantoday.com...

Police look for answers in French Alps killings; father known to intelligence services
edit on 6-9-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Good find Stirling

Meanwhile, al-Hilli was known to British intelligence services, the Daily Mail website reported on Thursday.

Metropolitan police Special Branch officers working with the intelligence services placed al-Hilli, under surveillance during the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, a neighbor who claimed to have hosted them told the paper.

According to the Mail report, intelligence officers from the British embassy in Paris arrived at the scene hours after the attack happened following a tip off from contacts in the French interior ministry that the car was British registered.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

More gun fear mongering, but my sympathy goes to the familes of those killed but in the end, these things happen wrong place wrong time.

The fact a gun was used is not gun fear mongering. Use some common sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

This guy seems like he was involved in a lot of things, it isn't surprising given his background that he is known to intelligence services, perhaps there is much more yet to be revealed. The fact the doors of the vehicle weren't even opened for emergency services to ascertain the state of injuries is also odd. They reportedly waited 8 hours for forensics.

Interestingly, the business premises unit at Delta 606, is a few units from some MOD buildings at Delta 601and Delta 800.

There are also many companies listed under this one unit address at Delta 606, seems odd that these are all seemingly trading names for companies doing the same or similar thing. Most companies use one name under one unit number.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This report mentions there could have been a car chase just before the incident, and also that the guy was ''living in fear''.

www.mirror.co.uk...

The man gunned down with his family in the French Alps had been living in fear. Businessman Saad al-Hilli, 50, told a friend he was scared after being caught up in a bitter inheritance row. As French police searched for a motive for the bloodbath, one of Mr al-Hilli’s neighbours revealed the businessman admitted he feared for his safety in the weeks leading up to the killing. Jack Saltman, 67, said Mr al-Hilli mentioned “two or three times” over the last two months something which gave him “cause for concern”.

Police believe the killings were carried out by a professional hitman. They say the four victims were finished off with shots to the centre of the forehead. One theory being investigated is that it was the work of a foreign intelligence agency. Detectives are exploring Mr al-Hilli’s ties to former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. Mr al-Hilli fled to Britain in 2002 with his parents who “were forced to leave Iraq by the Saddam regime”, according to the couple’s neighbours. He worked in Guildford for a satellite engineer company called Surrey Satellite Technology and also had his own company called SH Tech, which does technical design for the aircraft industry.

Tyre marks on the road leading up to the car park suggest the BMW may have been involved in a chase.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join