It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by thepresident

Why are you neocons now going after peoples wealth BTW?

Did Michelle pay for that jacket?
Who paid for Michelles Jacket?

The President makes 400K a year and has a 100K expense account. So you don't think they could afford 6 grand for a jacket? Maybe you should take a money management course.

No ....maybe you should learn what Americans are led to "hear" when the word
"struggle" is used. No one is saying Barack cant afford that jacket, which is sexist
for you to suggest he paid for it. Michelle could have paid for it, for all we know.

Its the fake narrative that we dont buy.

And, if the taxpayers pay, like they do for her 1/2 million dollar vacations,
thats really hypocritical.
edit on 5-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Wouldn't hurt for you to do a little checking on your own. The Obama's are wealthy they can spend however much they want on clothes and vacations. And both of them did struggle while growing up. How many people choose to live with their parents while raising their kids? Michelle's family lived in a one bedroom apartment and her father also had MS treatment for that isn't cheap.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

Originally posted by abeverage
Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

Quite a success story that Mitt!

He has done quite well. He should not be damned for his success or what he has built in his life.

Yes you right even if that was at the cost and misery of all the backs he needed to walk on to get there! Funny thing is he has never really lost, and well you only learn from your mistakes took Edison 1000 tries to get a light bulb.

He is not a success story. Dean Kamen there is a success story. Someone who creates things for a better way of life. What is so great about Willard? Romney is a modern day robber baron stealing from the middle class to give to himself and the rich. He has built nothing and done nothing but build an empire of greed.

Willard puts himself first and will do the same with this country and we will pay for it. He serves himself, his church, his family and his friends, the rest of us will pay for that!

A multi-millionaire who was raised rich has stayed rich only knows what 1% of this country live life like! I will never vote for someone who did not make the American dream but was handed it on a silver platter. Nor do I do like the rest of Republicans worship him and believe someday if I worked hard enough I could be like him. He is what is truly wrong with this world if he spent less time on his Yacht and more time actually being the so called christian he claims to be I would believe it...
edit on 5-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by buster2010
Looks like as usual that Brietbart chose to not put a little something in their article. Like how Obama was able to attend Punahou on a scholarship. Michelle was able to attend Whitney M. Young Magnet High School because she was a gifted student.

All privileges that most people will never have. Please share your scholarship info about Obama. That's new to me. Thank you!! I knew that Michelle skipped second grade along with her brother. Too bad she did not learn to write very well based on what I read in her Princeton thesis. She wrote about Racial Divide. How interesting... She married an expert on the subject

www.politico.com...

Punahou School in Honolulu Punahou School in Honolulu

Obama attended Punahou School in Honolulu for his high school years after his mother sent him back to Honolulu to live with his grandmother.. This was after his mother married Soetoro, a Muslim, who legally adopted Obama. My two children attended Punahou School which is a private, expensive school with high standards. Obama's Punahou education was paid through funds donated by other parents to a scholarship fund for needy students. Punahou School has very strict conditions by which students must live by or be dismissed.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"The most important thing in Politics is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made."
-George Burns

Truer words have never been spoken. I love this because it just points out how much of a FAILURE of a "first lady" she is....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Really?

Wonder what those people would say about the guy who has tried to make them pay for their own healthcare,virtually took credit for the "Bin laden" murder taking all the credit and accolades, while thousands of troops are in Libya,Somalia,Pakistan,Uganda,and still in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But of course those troops in Afghanistan have other things to worry bout like getting shot from the Afghan "forces".

Then wonder what that Pakistani doctor sitting in prison thinks about all that

Edit to add wonder what they think about the current adminstration suing over the right of the military to have the right to vote longer.

Then wonder what they think about the lack of response about the Fort Hood shooter no real actions or condemnation from the current dude sitting in the oval office.

The only thing I have ever heard coming from the left about the military is eternal damnation and "baby killers" so people really need to think twice if they expect people to buy they have ever given a crap about the military.
edit on 5-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

(Put some clothes on fer christsakes...)

edit on 5-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
As I watched last night I thought;
"Who on ATS can contradict a real story of making it to the top?"

ROMNEY and RYAN were inheritance babies.
Of not just well off, but very wealthy parents.
But of course, it's her story of struggle you find disingenuous .

Uhm...So.... They(the Obamas) DID "build that"?But just them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not any other hardworking successful people???????????
Sorry; had to ask

edit on 5-9-2012 by 46ACE because: just for fun....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
OMG say it aint so, politicians and those around them lie?

I never would of thought that people would Lie to get power, imagine that.

Kick them all out of office, period, DEM, REP, any politicians that has been in term while this country is collapsing should be thrown out on their ass with their wives as well.

To your point "Benrl" from an email I received:

BRILLIANTLY EXPLAINED.

This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.

It puts it into a much better perspective.

Lesson # 1:

* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000

* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000

* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000* debt: $14,271,000,000,000

* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700

* Money the family spent: $38,200

* New debt on the credit card: $16,500

* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710

* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Got It ????? OK now,

Lesson # 2: Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:

Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer

backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up

to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do ......

Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?

Your choice is coming Nov. 2012. GET OUT AND VOTE!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I remember back in the summer of 2008, how Michelle and Barry did an interview with several magazines. In nearly every conversation, Michelle made it a point to emphasize how Barry didn't even buy himself new shoes for the campaign trail, that he was wearing old worn out shoes. A few photo ops, did indeed show him sitting with his leg crossed, where you could see the noticeable wear and tear on the soles of his shoes.

She loves to tell that fairy story, about how tough their lives were, and how middle class they were, but it's nothing but a manufactured lie so that they will appeal to the middle class or poor. "See! We're just like you guys. See! We understand your struggles".

No you don't Michelle. You and your husband have always maintained a privileged life. You have always had enough to eat, and good clothing on your back, and an education that most will not get in this country, thanks to the student loan cap put into place. Imagine working on your bachelors degree, and getting into your fourth year, only to be pulled aside and told that there are no more loans. That you can't go to school anymore until you can find a way to finish up out of pocket.

Imagine not being able to send your daughters to a nice fancy preparatory school. Imagine going to bed hungry. Imagine trying to choose medication between supper.

I bet they can't. I bet they never did.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Come on now...

She implied just such a thing. Did she actually say it? No. Tell me she didn't imply it though?

Ivy league schools, jobs in prestigious Chicago law firms, with the six figure salaries that go with it? Not exactly my definition of "struggle"...

What makes your comment so asinine is that she is referring to the way she got to where she is,
the past...

You are intentionally ignoring part and making it sound as if she is saying she claiming
to still be struggling.

I know you understand what you are doing, it is pretty diabolical for a MOD to embrace
ignorance so willingly.

You have highlighted what has gone wrong with America and ATS with your post.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

I will never vote for someone who did not make the American dream but was handed it on a silver platter..
edit on 5-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Would you feel better if he threw those riches down the drain with drugs

edit on 5-9-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
LOL@the Obama's thinking that they struggled.

Dear Barry & Michelle,

Take a trip to the reservations out in South Dakota, then please tell me all about your "struggles".

Love,
Thunder heart woman

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Dear Barry & Michelle,

Take a trip to the reservations out in South Dakota, then please tell me all about your "struggles".

Love,
Thunder heart woman

I'm sorry, did you walk in their shoes?

When you get the other guy he will END student loans all together.

It is nice to see how opposition is controlled into the hands of the guys who will gun for
you specifically.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Who cares if she lied about their struggles. Care about the lies they told that made others suffer instead.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I had to stop watching after she said Barrack "saved the auto industry". really!!!!

Half a billion to make the Volt, that sold for $40k Gm out sourcing to Canada and Mexico there were a lot of "fairy tales" last nite in Charlotte.

Barrack saved the United autoworkers with your money.

1. The auto industry and GM help build this country to greatness, America owed it to them. Look up GM's history and what they did to for America.
2. Half billion was not to make the volt that is a serious overstatement, it was to ensure GM didn't file bankruptcy.
3. The bailout created and saved millions of jobs

So yes Obama helped save the auto industry. The auto industry bail out is a big reason I will be voting for him again.

edit on 9/5/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Dear Barry & Michelle,

Love,
Thunder heart woman

Star for you thunderheart; I've traveled through there. Nobody has struggled and been shafted by the U.S. govt as the Native American peoples have. We "working class"(euro immigrants) don't have the first idea of "real poverty".Certainly not the highly educated Ivy league "lawyer class"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

She has a great teacher,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

in the lying department,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by neo96
I had to stop watching after she said Barrack "saved the auto industry". really!!!!

Half a billion to make the Volt, that sold for $40k Gm out sourcing to Canada and Mexico there were a lot of "fairy tales" last nite in Charlotte.

Barrack saved the United autoworkers with your money.

1. The auto industry and GM help build this country to greatness, America owed it to them. Look up GM's history and what they did to for America.
2. Half billion was not to make the volt that is a serious overstatement, it was to ensure GM didn't file bankruptcy.
3. The bailout created and saved millions of jobs

So yes Obama helped save the auto industry. The auto industry bail out is a big reason I will be voting for him again.

edit on 9/5/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

True( for the Chinese workers).
Here's your" millions of GM jobs saved"by U.S. bailouts:

From Janesville to Jilin
August 31, 2012 12:29 pm

A bailed out General Motors expanded its small truck and SUV manufacturing in China soon after closing down similar facilities in Janesville, Wisconsin—the plant Barack Obama pledged to save and keep open for “another hundred years” in 2008.

GM has increased its manufacturing capacity in China by 55 percent since emerging from bankruptcy thanks to a $50 billion bailout from taxpayers. An important piece of that increased capacity has taken place in Changchun, Jilin Province in China.

On August 30, 2009, GM entered into a “50-50 joint venture” with China FAW Group Corp., one of China’s largest automakers. GM’s cash influx helped boost FAW’s efforts to expand its light duty commercial vehicles and SUV manufacturing. The partnership sold more than 88,000 vehicles in 2010.

The move came four months after GM shuttered its Janesville plant, which built SUVs like the Chevrolet Suburban. The closure has become a matter of controversy on the campaign trail after Janesville congressman and Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan noted the Obama administration failed to save the plant despite promising to do so on the campaign trail.

Obama stopped by the Janesville plant in February 2008 while campaigning for president and pledged to save the jobs of more than 2,000 employees.

“If our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition…this plant will be here for another hundred years,” he said.

In October 2008, Obama reiterated his claims that he would save the GM plant: “As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America.”

That turned out not to be the case. GM closed the plant in April 2009 despite Ryan’s efforts to preserve it.

The Obama campaign has made the GM and Chrysler bailouts a centerpiece of its campaign, as Obama and vice president Joe Biden have claimed that their actions “rescued” the American auto industry. Democrats also plan to use the personal tales of autoworkers at the DNC next week, according to Politico.

Obama, who has blasted Mitt Romney as an “outsourcer in chief,” has made no mention of GM’s rapid expansion in China and its use of cheap labor: 70 percent of GM’s manufacturing is based overseas, while foreign purchases represent only 40 percent of sales.

Taxpayers have not fared as well as Chinese automakers. GM and its lending arm Ally Bank have yet to repay $42 billion of the $57 billion they received from American taxpayers. And GM’s struggling European operations have dragged its stock price down 40 percent since its record-setting IPO in November 2010.

The stock’s tumble is another blow to taxpayers, who still own more than 25 percent of the company’s shares. GM’s stock would need to triple in order to fully repay taxpayers.

freebeacon.com...

Can't really blame GM though; that's where the burgeoning market is...
"Your welcome."
signed:
the U.S. taxpayers.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
(Self Snip) Gov't data I was trying to display has too many inconsistencies at the source.... Nvm... It was worth a try to do straight from source.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of someone campaigning for president and not lying a little or should I say stretching the truth or telling it as they perceive it. I haven't heard of one since I was a kid. People have known of the tactics of politicians for a very long time. Politicians think we all believe them. Trouble is there seems to be more and more believing them nowadays, maybe their brainwashing is paying off. Believe half of what you hear and three quarters of what you see. That's a very old saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join