It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

How off the wall are you gonna get?

Does PLOTUS really think we fall for this kind of "lapse in judgement" ?

Seriously, what is ridiculous is for her to think we are falling for this ....

"I feel your pain" ..... What a joke.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Originally posted by seagull
She implied just such a thing.

WHAT thing? What did she imply? That she struggled and was poor? No, she didn't.

Ivy league schools, jobs in prestigious Chicago law firms, with the six figure salaries that go with it? Not exactly my definition of "struggle"...

She never said she struggled. Those things were the RESULT of the struggle of her parents. I think you weren't really listening. She didn't try to paint her and Barack as struggling, starving students. She was talking about struggling, in general and how we all do, and that is part of the American Dream.

I don't think she did change the story. And if you're making that accusation, I think you should back it up. For a good discussion, that is.
If you just want to bash Michelle, I'll bow out. Because I love her.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lol like Brietbart is known for it's extensive fact checking.

Please post to the contrary.... Please refute Breitbart's facts regarding Michelle. It's no secret for those who have ever cared to read up on her and Barack.

Please!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Breitbart doesn't expand on these alleged lies any more than you have. Or anyone else in this thread has. He just gives a vague feeling of something fishy. How can we post something to the contrary when no one has posted any of these "lies"???

That's like saying Ryan lied in his speech. Prove he didn't.

Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
First nite at Charlotte summed up in one video including the frist ladies fairy tales:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Advantage

Hey Advantage, waving at ya!

Good points you make...really.

Maybe we could get Michelle on board with the "You didnt build it" with a
"You shouldnt keep it" kind of a thing where she passes on her "hand me downs".

@ BTS hehe

Well, hand me downs are fabulous, BUT.. they sure make the poor woman dress like an old maid. Dont even tell me thats all her doing. I just cant press myself to believe she would purposely dress like Auntie Fannie from Nebrasky ( hubby is from Nebraska) or something.
I saw a nice but conservative pic of her compared to the European first ladies.. enough to make a fashion envious American cry. Sooooo... if I can resell the hand me downs great. Like I said, I need gutters on a century old home aka money pit.. but I refuse to dress like my gramma just yet.
Besides, that thing may have cost as much as some make in a year, but it still looks ugly as hell. Just sayin.. looks like Nancy Reagan left some dresses in the closet and Michelle threw it on. Poor woman.. I pity her. Could you imagine with all of the beautiful sexy things you could "borrow" when you wanted from any designer in the US and WORLD.... and you were told that something like THAT was more fitting the FLOTUS? What did the 5 fingers say to the face??? SLAP!

On a side note.. Id HATE to be FLOTUS. If you show your arms youre bad, cover your stuff up youre frumpy, blah blah blah. Id be the first FLOTUS to slap someone.. HARD. Howd they like THAT pic on the Fox News front page? Id have all sorts of respect for the woman ( even though I hate the politics) if she bitch-slapped a reporter who sells the photos he took at the perfect angle to make her ass look like the back of a mack truck... and her fashion adviser.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
So, what did she claim last night??

She claimed a bunch of hoooooooey. The biggest being that Obama isn't 'devisive'. :shk: This is the guy that told hispanic americans that republican americans are 'the enemy'. This is the guy that told his sheep on the left coast that non-obama-sheep 'cling to their religion and guns'. This is the guy that called his grandmother a 'typical white person'. This is the guy who went to a blame-the-white-man-for-everything racist cult for 20 years.

He's as devisive as you can possibly get.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

Breitbart doesn't expand on these alleged lies any more than you have. Or anyone else in this thread has. He just gives a vague feeling of something fishy. How can we post something to the contrary when no one has posted any of these "lies"???

That's like saying Ryan lied in his speech. Prove he didn't.

Are you serious?

Michelle grew up in a working class family, attended elite schools. While at home she seemed to live quite the "normal" life in a two parent home. That's much better than I had growing up and raised by my mother after my father left without a trace when I was young.

Read for yourself... They were able to vacation on a regular basis.. much more than I ever did as a kid...

The Robinsons used to vacation in White Cloud, Mich., where they shared rustic cabins in the woods, so transitioning to sleepovers at the White House has required some fine-tuning.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Struggle?? or were her parents just frugal and wise with their money. Pretty common in that generation..

Don't buy the fable BH...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

"I feel your pain" ..... What a joke.

Yes it is a Joke,,,,,,, with our national debt $16 trillion www.usdebtclock.org... and growing.
You really believe Michelle or Barrack cared about us as Striving To Make Ends Meet Americans?
Maybe we should all have this young ladies attitude,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow, this is what's wrong with America - this division. I can cut the loathing in this thread with a knife. It was a frickin convention speech - that is all.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I hear ya.

Here is another one she wore, not quite a "thrift store" buy, not from Target either!

This one was dubbed "Sex in the City",....a Peter Soronen gown

www.dailykos.com...

Thing is too sexy implies too much fun, and she must maintain that they are "struggling",
along side the rest of the country....and they feel our pain.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Looks like as usual that Brietbart chose to not put a little something in their article. Like how Obama was able to attend Punahou on a scholarship. Michelle was able to attend Whitney M. Young Magnet High School because she was a gifted student.

All privileges that most people will never have. Please share your scholarship info about Obama. That's new to me. Thank you!! I knew that Michelle skipped second grade along with her brother. Too bad she did not learn to write very well based on what I read in her Princeton thesis. She wrote about Racial Divide. How interesting... She married an expert on the subject

www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Yes it is a Joke,,,,,,, with our national debt $16 trillion www.usdebtclock.org... and growing.

And meanwhile, we find that just one of Michelles vacations
cost the taxpayer nearly half a millilon.

First Lady Michelle Obama’s 2010 Spanish vacation cost U.S. taxpayers nearly half a million dollars, the right-leaning Judicial Watch claimed on Thursday.

The total cost was $467,585, according to the group’s president Tom Fitton, who says it took “two years and a lawsuit” to get the information.
www.newsmax.com...

Gee thanks Michelle, our grandchildren will be paying for that!

Yes, yes, she understands our pain and our struggles.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

As I thought, it's just another bash thread. There's not one thing she said that you can point to as a lie. She NEVER said she struggled. I'm beginning to see who is lying.

These threads are getting more and more numerous these days. A sign of desperation, IMO. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Video of the floor vote about putting "god" back in to the convention.

They took the vote and the majority did no want it, and they passed it anyway.

More fairy tales of "Democracy" in action.
edit on 5-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

Under which system did this occur? The one we had or the one THEY want?

If things were so profoundly unfair, how was their success possible? Better yet, ask yourself if the system they want would repeat their story.... For many, I think the answer would be no.

Funny how there's all this talk about profoundly changing a system that produced their success. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There's not one thing she said that you can point to as a lie.

Here is the full transcipt.

DNC Michelle Obama Speech Transcript

Well, today, after so many struggles and triumphs and moments that have tested my husband in ways I never could have imagined,

That was on the heels of her comments about

Barack was raised by a single mother who struggled to pay the bills,

And when my brother and I finally made it to college, nearly all of our tuition came from student loans and grants.

But my dad still had to pay a tiny portion of that tuition himself.

And every semester, he was determined to pay that bill right on time, even taking out loans when he fell short.

Its called a "narrative".

edit on 5-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Why are you neocons now going after peoples wealth BTW?

Did Michelle pay for that jacket?
Who paid for Michelles Jacket?

The President makes 400K a year and has a 100K expense account. So you don't think they could afford 6 grand for a jacket? Maybe you should take a money management course.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Why are you neocons now going after peoples wealth BTW?

Did Michelle pay for that jacket?
Who paid for Michelles Jacket?

The President makes 400K a year and has a 100K expense account. So you don't think they could afford 6 grand for a jacket? Maybe you should take a money management course.

No ....maybe you should learn what Americans are led to "hear" when the word
"struggle" is used. No one is saying Barack cant afford that jacket, which is sexist
for you to suggest he paid for it. Michelle could have paid for it, for all we know.

Its the fake narrative that we dont buy.

And, if the taxpayers pay, like they do for her 1/2 million dollar vacations,
thats really hypocritical.
edit on 5-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Video of the floor vote about putting "god" back in to the convention.

They took the vote and the majority did no want it, and they passed it anyway.

More fairy tales of "Democracy" in action.
edit on 5-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Maybe the RNC should have taken a vote and reminded Romney about a little thing called Afghanistan. Soldiers in the field really love it when they are totally forgotten by a candidate. Is your next post going to be about how the DNC didn't call Jerusalem the capital of Israel?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join